Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Zheng Zhi

edited August 2008 in Rumours
Evening Standard announces Zheng Zhi to WBA 2 million....Gives it 5/5 for veracity. Any ideas?

Comments

• Makes sense......Just what we need...sell a midfielder..........Puts on tin hat
  • if zheng goes, somthing has to be done, we will have to demand answers. christ its like where a laughing stock, roll up roll up, take your pick of any of these lads. Is Richard murray driving round a mini bus with our first team squad shouting out of the windows "Boy for sale.." like mr bumble from fecking oliver!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]if zheng goes, somthing has to be done, we will have to demand answers. christ its like where a laughing stock, roll up roll up, take your pick of any of these lads. Is Richard murray driving round a mini bus with our first team squad shouting out of the windows "Boy for sale.." like mr bumble from fecking oliver!!!!!

lol. A very humourous analogy. Just hope its not true.
  • [cite]Posted By: daveroan[/cite]Evening Standard announces Zheng Zhi to WBA 2 million....Gives it 5/5 for veracity. Any ideas?

Any chance of a link?
  • And what erxactly will be done? 1,000 lifers will shrug their shoulders, 5 will demand that they want answers from the board and 7 will say "i never rated him anyway"

We need to sell so be it, makes even more sence if the player is one that isn't going to be around for 1/3 a season and whose contract runs out at the end of the season...
  • im talking proper protest after the athletico game or after swansea, deffo some banners and chanting too.
  • Without seeing the story - don't West Brom have to get a work permit and surely they'd want to run a fitness test on him before signing him, difficult to do properly as he's still in China.
  • Factless rumour.

He's at the Olympics and they'll struggle to get a work permit because of China's fallen world ranking i.e. Outside of the World top 75
  • http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1040594/THE-INSIDER-Liverpools-Xabi-reluctant-join-Spanish-armada-Turkey--Van-der-Vaart-makes-Robinho-Real-hope-Chelsea--Plus-Bolton-Rangers-Baggies.html?ITO=1490
  • Adam

are you serious you want chanting as well as banners

mate we dont get chanting when we have flags and are 2 nil up

you'll be lucky to get anyone to turn up let alone chant
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]im talking proper protest after the athletico game or after swansea, deffo some banners and chanting too.

leave it at least until the window closes, you'll look a right knob if you protest and then we bring four players in !!

Don't think you'd get too much response thoough anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]im talking proper protest after the athletico game or after swansea, deffo some banners and chanting too.

leave it at least until the window closes, you'll look a right knob if you protest and then we bring four players in !!

Alternatively you could say that the protest worked! ;o)
  • Keep your head down Adam..........Selling all our best players must be in the best intrests of us all.
  • Most reports in the papers are just rubbish.

Lets wait and see what happens...

Probably nothing is my guess, for the reasons stated above.
  • im proposing im gona go on a hunger strike (hommer simposon style) gona chain myself to sammy bartram, anyone who knows me knows that a hunger strike is truley a sign that i mean business, as long as u lads keep passing me out pints from bartrams i will be fine!!! he he..
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]im proposing im gona go on a hunger strike (hommer simposon style) gona chain myself to sammy bartram, anyone who knows me knows that a hunger strike is truley a sign that i mean business, as long as u lads keep passing me out pints from bartrams i will be fine!!! he he..

off topic slightly

there were kids by that statue today, one asked "who's that" another said "a dead man" the other said "why is there a mould of a dead man?" another said "because he's dead"

made me chuckle anyway, their charlton supporting guardian caught up and put them right!
  • edited August 2008
    If you listen to Pardew on the OS he says he's probably going to have to sell again.
  • Yeah but if its one of our best players its all for the best.
  • I picked up this link from Evening Standard on line "Sport this is london'"where their 'man in the know' gives the gen; what wories me that 5/5 is given to mean 100% certain. OK where did the rumour come from? Check it out!
  • He also says on there that we lost on (transfer) someone yesterday?

Gorks?
    Eagles?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Yeah but if its one of our best players its all for the best.
    Give it a rest for gawd's sake. Starting to sound like a broken bloody record.
  • Perhaps your right Leroy. I am in fact looking forward very much to tomorrow and even more to season proper. Common you reds
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Perhaps your right Leroy. I am in fact looking forward very much to tomorrow and even more to season proper. Common you reds
    Fair play to you - I am as well. I know most of us are getting steadily more peeved with the situation but, in reality, there ain't really anything we can do about it. I understand your frustrations and share some of them - and i was probably a bit out of line posting that tbh.
  • Trouble is SHG the shit players aren't worth much... :-)
  • It was ever thus.
  • I don't recall too many people on this site having much good to say about ZZ, in fact he has been blamed from everything from the bad defending, the long ball to the dodgy beer sold in the ground. I and a few others have always thought he was true quality but if he has to go, so be it, more opportunities for the younger players I say.
  • I've heard a little whisper that it could be true - then again i've herad the 2 defenders pardew wants t bring in are no ther than Flloyd & Harvey. lol !
  • my favorite player last year

but i think he only signed on a two year so there may be truth in it i hope not but we will have to see
  • With the predicament we're in at the moment, it would be foolish not to take £2m for a player who's likely to walk away for free at the end of the season if we don't get promoted. Reading between the lines, Zhi might be one of these 'distracted' players that Chappell's talking about and if we could get, say, Ben Watson as a straight replacement, I'd be more than happy.