Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roads to become Sponsored?

Heard this on the radio this morning... Naming Rights for Major Roads are set to be sold

So we could get the Manchester United M6 or Adidas A1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4449872/Could-Manchester-United-sponsor-M6.html

I think this is a great opportunity for Charlton Athletic to sponsor the M25... After all its a road that for a few miles shows promise before ultimately leaving you frustrated for hours - Then if you drive the whole of the M25 you'll eventually find yourself back where you started with zero signs of progression!!

Comments

• Duct Tape A2
  • Marmite motorway
    Bourneville Boulevard
  • Marmite motorway
    Bourneville Boulevard

All Roads you frequent on a regular basis.
  • My road could be sponsored by Leerdammer. Appropriate since it is already full of holes.
  • edited April 2017
    Floyd Road could be called Roland Rat Road!
    We could even change The Valley to The Rats Nest.....sorry, I've gone off at a bit of a tangent there.
  • Marmite motorway
    Bourneville Boulevard

My missus won't let me down Marmite motorway
    It's for the best.
  • Marmite motorway
    Bourneville Boulevard

My missus won't let me down Marmite motorway
    I get this too
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    Roland wants the names of the managers we had, on every Cul-de-sac.
  • BMW M3?
  • Tena Lady Avenue.

Senocot Street.

Barry Scott Close, off Cilit Bang Road.

I'll get me coat...
  • Roland Duchatelet Avenue or as we know it the Road to Nowhere.
  • colthe3rd said:

BMW M3?

Interesting idea. Wonder if they could just sponsor the Krautside lane on every motorway in the county - since every cunt with a Beemer seems to think they have exclusive fucking rights to them
  • In the same vain, I quite like the idea of sponsoring the middle lane of the A2, naming it "Take your head out of your arse, get in the correct lane you fucking retard, oh and I hope they don't have what you want in Bluewater, twat"

B-B-But I know in 100-miles the A2 goes down to two lanes so I'm getting in the middle lane now so I dont get stuck trying to get over later on down the road.
  • The 'XR (A) 2' ?
  • edited April 2017
    The section of the A2 from Bluewater down to Gravesend should have SMART alerts that connects to the interface of the car.

WARP WARP YOU HAVE BEEN SAT IN THE OUTSIDE LANE FOR THE LAST 15 MINUTES NO LONGER ARE YOU OVERTAKING BUT DAYDREAMING

MOVE OVER TO THE LEFT YOU FUCKING PIG HEADED IGNORAMUS

On the M25 this morning I did my thing after joining at the M26 and overtook all the lorries I needed to and was back inside. I always make myself aware of what other motors are up to and this morning from the bit just before and after Clacketts the middle lane and inside lane were empty yet the outside two lanes were nose to tail.

Fuckery of the highest order
  • Mendonca Mews
    Powell Place
    Curbs Crescent
    Lennie Lane
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    I understand the street leading up to Hillsborough is going to be renamed Jordan Rhodes.

But why stop there. For example GPs' "Not fit for work" forms could be sponsored by Andy Carroll.
  • Sponsored by the 'Directors' of CAFC

https://youtu.be/AWtCittJyr0
  • Heard this on the radio this morning... Naming Rights for Major Roads are set to be sold

So we could get the Manchester United M6 or Adidas A1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4449872/Could-Manchester-United-sponsor-M6.html

I think this is a great opportunity for Charlton Athletic to sponsor the M25... After all its a road that for a few miles shows promise before ultimately leaving you frustrated for hours - Then if you drive the whole of the M25 you'll eventually find yourself back where you started with zero signs of progression!!

This is actually a terrible terrible idea.

Let's say you're a company and you sponsor a road. There drivers aren't really going to notice (the're laws about size and frequency of roadside advertising on A and M roads), so you'll want your name mentioned on the radio and TV as much as possible. How do you do that? Well if you set-up miles of horrible roadworks that create massive tailbacks then you'll be mentioned on the news every hour, plus it'll save you money in road maintenance if only one lane is getting used.
  • I've just remembered that most of my local roundabouts have been sponsored for years. The firm gets a little plaque put up and becomes responsible for the planting, grass cutting of the actual roundabout but not, I think, the tarmac.

In the States, local community groups, firms, etc sponsor a stretch of road and do the litter picking. I guess that wouldn't work here for health & safety (or other) reasons?