Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest suggestion

edited April 2017 in General Charlton
After I joined in with the protests at home to Coventry and hearing about our joint protest with the Coventry fans away it got me thinking. What if we was to contact protest groups of Blackpool, Coventry, Leyton Orient, Blackburn and any other protests groups throughout the Country to arrange a joint protest outside the Football League headquarters and demand they do something about the corrupt ownership at Football clubs?

My reasons are:

1) It will put pressure on them
2) It would make the news
3) Interaction with other supporters who are in the same boat as us
4) It has not been done before
5) Quote from Greenwich MP Matthew Pennycook 'Doing what I can to support local supporters and met the EFL earlier this year but sadly no magic lever I can pull' so even the EFL are ignorning MP's!

What do you reckon? Especially any representatives of CARD out there?

BY THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE LET DOWN!

Comments

• Protest yes, but not solely because of corruption. We don't think RD is corrupt.
  • F@ck me 30 minutes later and not one response whether people think good or bad idea.
    Let me know the date disco good idea
  • clb74 said:

F@ck me 30 minutes later and not one response whether people think good or bad idea.
    Let me know the date disco good idea

Well he posted 3 mins after the Manc derby kicked off.
  • I think it's a good idea but co-ordinating it may be a big job. I'm not sure where the EFL HQ is but if in London say, then you're asking a lot of Blackburn and Blackpool supporters
  • cabbles said:

I think it's a good idea but co-ordinating it may be a big job. I'm not sure where the EFL HQ is but if in London say, then you're asking a lot of Blackburn and Blackpool supporters

http://www.efl.com/about-efl/contactus/

It seems to be split between London and Preston
  • cabbles said:

I think it's a good idea but co-ordinating it may be a big job. I'm not sure where the EFL HQ is but if in London say, then you're asking a lot of Blackburn and Blackpool supporters

If they feel strongly about their club I'm sure a good number would be willing to go, if they have the same mentality Belgium 20 did.

• DiscoCAFC said:

cabbles said:

If they feel strongly about their club I'm sure a good number would be willing to go, if they have the same mentality Belgium 20 did.

Agreed mate, and I would support something like this. I'm heartened by the fact killer has highlighted the EFL also holds office in Preston. The southern clubs could rally in London, the northern in Preston
  • I think it was suggested some months back. Good idea in my opinion.
  • DiscoCAFC said:

cabbles said:

Hopefully they would but i remember hearing from Coventry fans they struggled to get numbers down to London to protest outside sisu HQ.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think many supporters from many clubs would be prepared to travel down to London ending up with a protest outside Wembley on FA cup final day.

(I've heard if you say things enough times people believe you)
  • It's been talked about before. A march on parliament was mentioned.
  • It's a long way to walk from Parliament to Wembley way ;)
  • Maybe a sympathetic group of MPs could organise open top buses from Parliament to Wembley and claim the costs on expenses....
  • I've been thinking about this for a while and discussed it with a few people.

Too late for this year but in my view it needs to be held at Wembley on FA Cup final day.

arsenal and chelsea fans wont give a fuck and if it was charlton in the final i would probably get annoyed by a load of fans causing chaos outside, not knocking the idea for a protest but just think it could give us bad press. that said i have suggested pitch invasions etc.

Too late for this year but in my view it needs to be held at Wembley on FA Cup final day.

arsenal and chelsea fans wont give a fuck and if it was charlton in the final i would probably get annoyed by a load of fans causing chaos outside, not knocking the idea for a protest but just think it could give us bad press. that said i have suggested pitch invasions etc.
    As Neil says above, this idea has been discussed for a little while- and my view is that it will happen.

With regard to your point, it could be done so that the March ends up at Wembley whilst the game is on - would be quite something to hear chanting OUTSIDE the ground whilst the game is going on, and would possibly be an embarrassment to the FA due to the worldwide exposure.

Westminster to Wembley is approx. 9 miles according to Google Maps - so, approx. a 3/4 hour walk at March speed. Certainly doable.

As Neil says above, this idea has been discussed for a little while- and my view is that it will happen.

With regard to your point, it could be done so that the March ends up at Wembley whilst the game is on - would be quite something to hear chanting OUTSIDE the ground whilst the game is going on, and would possibly be an embarrassment to the FA due to the worldwide exposure.

Westminster to Wembley is approx. 9 miles according to Google Maps - so, approx. a 3/4 hour walk at March speed. Certainly doable.
    i just had visions of 90,000 descending on wembley and fans of all the clubs standing there would just cause a nuisance for people and may give us bad press, certainly why the match is going on would be good and with the clubs involved wont be a huge police presence so dont see why it couldnt happen.
  • 9 miles in 3/4 of an hour. That is top speed marathon running pace.

Great idea though, to turn up after the game has started.
  • Our owners are irrational, illogical and inept but one could never accuse them of being corrupt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our owners are irrational, illogical and inept but one could never accuse them of being corrupt.

What evidence for that?
  • The latter or the former?
  • 25May98 said:

9 miles in 3/4 of an hour. That is top speed marathon running pace.

Great idea though, to turn up after the game has started.

Haha , yes, maybe i should have put 3-4 hours. !
  • Addickted said:

We need to get outside the Belgium Embassy and make a colourful protest.

The Brussels elite won't like that and may question his motives.

I was looking at their events page to see if there's something where we could demonstrate. There, does't look to be very much at the moment.

There is a night of Belgian Stand Up comedy (in French). I guess we could make the point that the biggest Belgian comedians of all are running our club. Only thing is, it's not being held at the embassy, but at the Comedy Store. It might be a little weird leafleting a comedy club. That said, you never know which Belgians might be in attendance, there's a chance it could embarrass him.

http://unitedkingdom.diplomatie.belgium.be/en/events

We are going to need an army of fans to be heard on television over all the noise in the ground.

I don't think the FA Cup final is the best opportunity. Perhaps an England match would be better. We could get match tickets and make some noise in the ground.. There will also be plenty of sympathisers in the ground.
  • I'm pretty sure there is a joint protest of various clubs planned. However this was planned to be in Blackpool. I'm not sure whether this is something organised by different groups of supporters or whether it was just Blackpool and hoping other clubs would support. Neither do I know if CARD have any plans to join this or even when it is planned for!
  • Here's a link. It next Saturday and been chosen because its the day that Blackpool play Orient; two clubs with dreadful owners.
    http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/fans-unite-for-clubs-in-crisis
  • I think we should just wait for our owners to move on as a direct result of their own ineptitude (a process that seems underway), rather than ally ourselves with clubs whose problems are far more extreme than ours.

We may not like the way the club is being run but pretending it has anything in common with Blackpool, Orient or Coventry does those clubs and their fans a disservice.
  • Due to this season, I am now friendly with a few Fleetwood chaps, said I would go to Wembley with them if they get there 20/5, should be plenty of tickets available in their end which they can help to get, although they may be wary of spoiling their own big day and taking the shine off.
  • I think we should just wait for our owners to move on as a direct result of their own ineptitude (a process that seems underway), rather than ally ourselves with clubs whose problems are far more extreme than ours.

We may not like the way the club is being run but pretending it has anything in common with Blackpool, Orient or Coventry does those clubs and their fans a disservice.

Poor regulation by officials is something in common is it not? - those with their noses in the trough.