Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Threads You Never Look At

Summer Transfer Rumours for me. 989 posts since I last looked. I don't want to keep suffering the disappointment of not signing 3rd rate journeymen I've never heard of.

Comments

• Stig said:

Summer Transfer Rumours for me. 989 posts since I last looked. I don't want to keep suffering the disappointment of not signing 3rd rate journeymen I've never heard of.

This one for me too. Currently unopened. When it's on the official site and all that.
  • I never ever open this thread.
  • Yet to open the general election thread.
  • Betting, prediction league, cricket, rugby, horse racing, occasionally look at the politics, anything that is called "you have to see this", worst anything threads, whose rack, would ya.

Love the transfer and takeover threads.
  • General Election thread. Would love to get involved, especially as things heat up, but I'm so used to US elections where I think "eh, I have another 15 months to catch up on what I've missed." Insert joke about American series with 25 episodes versus British series with 6. Also, things keep happening in my country.
  • I try not to open any threads that I don't plan to see through to the end because I have a bit of OCD and hate to see the topics pages littered with reminders of how many posts since I last looked. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I'll have a purge and just click them all to the end so I'm not reminded of thread choice mistakes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surrey ccc
  • Anything political or practical.
  • This one... oh crap.
  • I won't be looking at my RIP thread.

Rumours are that it's a little premature.
  • Sad to say that I can quite easily ignore 'General election' , 'Brexit' and any cricket related threads. Give me pants and sandwiches and I'm right up to date.
  • The politics threads. The same 6 or 7 making the same points and just reaffirming each others beliefs and tag teaming anyone who disagrees. I think some of them must have close to a million likes...

Also stay away from all the transfer and takeover threads most of the time as it's often the same people going on about how they're "in the know" but can't tell you what they know or who told them.
  • Politics and gambling links
  • Huskaris said:

The politics threads. The same 6 or 7 making the same points and just reaffirming each others beliefs and tag teaming anyone who disagrees. I think some of them must have close to a million likes...

Also stay away from all the transfer and takeover threads most of the time as it's often the same people going on about how they're "in the know" but can't tell you what they know or who told them.

I thought I would test this theory and opened two pages on the General Election thread at random and counted 36 different posters.
  • Betting, prediction leagues, F1 motor racing & RIP threads for people I have never heard of (some very obscure)
  • Sponsored links:

• I only read the Office Site.
  • Talal said:

Yet to open the general election thread.

Politics just seems to enrage some, my beliefs would probably put some on here into meltdown (no racist or anything like that) so I also steer clear. I also think people that put up the "Vote" posters/boards are weird, as if anyone is so undecided they can be swayed by seeing a few more blue or red posters.
  • I dont go on any Cricket or betting, horse racing, predictions or the CL Gay Dating page.
  • edited May 2017
    Anything to do with Charlton, oh, and anything to do with American 'sports'.
  • Was going to say this one.
  • The political threads are good to dip into now and again, read, LOL (cause that'll be annoying to someone). Nothing changes, barricades are drawn, no-one is gonna change anyone's opinions there...

Transfer rumour thread, pitiful as usual.

I like the "Has RD gone yet" one.
  • Cricket, betting, horse racing, predictions, transfer rumours, takeovers.

Generally keep away from the election/Brexit threads but do dip in every now and again to see the same old faces getting their knickers in a twist with each other.
  • I try not to open any threads that I don't plan to see through to the end because I have a bit of OCD and hate to see the topics pages littered with reminders of how many posts since I last looked. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I'll have a purge and just click them all to the end so I'm not reminded of thread choice mistakes.

I too have to click all the threads, but not in the middle of the night.