Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options

I went into the message board for Nathan Thompson's club to see what they think of him.... to a person none will miss him and they say that although he was really good a couple of years ago, that his body is breaking down now, his performance is off, and he doesn't have 2 good years left.

He's 26, just standard bitter fans that he's leaving.
    Or....they know him better than you and I or Newsnow and are correct. After all, they see him play and you read about him.

They didn't sound bitter to me. They seemed to have other players they wanted to keep more than him.
    For a 26 year old who is their captain it is much more likely that just like 99% of other football fans as they're about to leave suddenly the players bad and doesn't have the legs.
  • Options
    I think we're waiting until next Friday to see who's free..........Corbyn or May. We need a left winger is Holmes leaves.........
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Corbyn is not winning.
  • Options
    What about Josh Wright of Gillingham? Didn't he start off here? Had 12 goals in 41 matches this year and Forest is looking at getting for just £100k. Age 27. Might be a nice midfield addition?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    If KRactually gets everything he wants...

1. Re-sign Holmes
    2. Ben Reeves at CM
    3. David Martin at K
    4. Liam Lindsay at CB
    5. Another loan for Dasilva

Would that actually be a successful window?
  • Options
    Squirrel face is Elfsborg's endearing description for KM not KR!

If, we managed to sign those 5, then yes that would be pretty successful. but I think we would still need another attacking midfielder and another forward. Depends who we manage to shift I suppose!
  • Options
    Holy crap this whole time I thought he meant KR!! LOL. Cuz that guy with his narrow beady eyes is really weird looking.
  • Options

1. Re-sign Holmes
    2. Ben Reeves at CM
    3. David Martin at K
    4. Liam Lindsay at CB

A great start but as he knows the rebuild requires even more than the above if we want to challenge for the top 2. Add wingers and someone to compete with Magennis up front on top of your list (Marshall/Maddison & Ball) and we'll be in with a chance.

We're a bottom half team that needs a massive overhaul if we really want to compete for promotion.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

KR says some of the players we are after are also wanted by clubs who were relegated to L1 last season and are bigger clubs than us in one recent interview if I am not mistaken....

Rotherham
    Wigan
    Blackburn

Assume he was referring to us competing with Rotherham for Nathan Thompson (Swindon CB) & David Ball (Fleetwood Forward).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1. Re-sign Holmes
    2. Ben Reeves at CM
    3. David Martin at K
    4. Liam Lindsay at CB

A great start but as he knows the rebuild requires even more than the above if we want to challenge for the top 2. Add wingers and someone to compete with Magennis up front on top of your list (Marshall/Maddison & Ball) and we'll be in with a chance.

We're a bottom half team that needs a massive overhaul if we really want to compete for promotion.
    I would say signing a ball winning midfielder would trump all of them in terms of importance.
  • Options

1. Re-sign Holmes
    2. Ben Reeves at CM
    3. David Martin at K
    4. Liam Lindsay at CB

I would say signing a ball winning midfielder would trump all of them in terms of importance.
    No need Crofts has signed on for another year
  • Options

1. Re-sign Holmes
    2. Ben Reeves at CM
    3. David Martin at K
    4. Liam Lindsay at CB

KR is going to play 4231, we only have Holmes capable as one of the 3 so at least one of Reeves/Marshall/Madison or similar is the priority signing IMO.
  • Options

1. Re-sign Holmes
    2. Ben Reeves at CM
    3. David Martin at K
    4. Liam Lindsay at CB

Sounds good on paper, i do think we need a couple more wingers and a striker. Shows how far off we are at the mo
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Squirrel face is Elfsborg's endearing description for KM not KR!

If, we managed to sign those 5, then yes that would be pretty successful. but I think we would still need another attacking midfielder and another forward. Depends who we manage to shift I suppose!

She's been called worse, with justification.
  • Options
    stupid question but when we leave the EU and freedom of movement of people stops, i assume that means European players will not be able to sign for UK clubs unless they are an experienced International Team player??
  • Options
    Maybe this is why RD has started employing English managers and players. He has had to change his original game plan.
  • Options
    Will it put up the price of UK players?
  • Options
    Probably
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Maybe this is why RD has started employing English managers and players. He has had to change his original game plan.

I think you are giving RD too much credit for having any kind of plan ...I think he bought the club as a vehicle for one of his friends daughters to play with ..

• Options

stupid question but when we leave the EU and freedom of movement of people stops, i assume that means European players will not be able to sign for UK clubs unless they are an experienced International Team player??

I was worried about how we'd cope without the calibre of players such as Le Point and Sarr
  • Options
    So when KR said that a few players were in the stands on the final day of the season. Did he mean Nathan Thompson?
  • Options
    SMW28 said:

So when KR said that a few players were in the stands on the final day of the season. Did he mean Nathan Thompson?

Well we were playing Swindon :-)
  • Options
    That's happened on my main FM game too. Right pain in the arse when signing players. Can basically only sign established internationals with lots of caps or UK based players. Very frustrating
  • Options
    I'm sure the creators of FM said that Brexit can go one of about 6 ways, dependent on whether the game keeps us in our out of the EU
  • Options

I wake up and see 29 news posts on this thread and get excited. Only to find it's the same old unresolved s### about whether we are keeping Holmes.

Hope we get some real news soon.

If I'm right @NapaAddick this is your transfer window as a member of CL? If so get used to it :wink:
  • Options

It's a bit of a game of chicken though.

Using the same numbers, we say, either sign the extension of play for the current contract and walk at the end. Now he's got no real leverage, and if he gets a serious injury or just sulks and plays like crap(see Watt, T), that shiny big deal disappears.

It's only an issue if Roly want the dosh.

Sure but as long as the £4k pw deal is on the table from Charlton he has a deal anyway. If Meire withdraws that deal then the club have one very annoyed player on their hands.
    Although there were rumours that she has done similar previously. I can't remember who it was in the early years.

She said she'd agree a new contract for some months and then finally denied ever saying it.

It was in the Morrison era.
    I thought I remember she was reported to have done the same with Yann, when he left Bournemouth. I read that a fee and wages were agreed and then she changed her mind, and he went to Reading. I am sure there will be someone on here who knows better than me and can correct me if I am wrong.