Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Duchatelet on Belgian TV again - 'Charlton fans are idiots' and 'its the supporters fault'

http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20170607_02915057/video-bekijk-hier-het-integrale-truiense-sportdebat

This is carrying on from @Big_In_Brasov's comments re this on the St Truiden thread, we've had some more translated by the STVV boys, and it seems that our illustrious leader is digging his heels in - some of his magnificent comments are...

- He does not want to choose between STVV and Charlton,' it would be like choosing betwen one of his children' (not sure what context that is)
- 'All clubs are for sale but selling Charlton is not a priority'
- 'In football, you need support of the fans...for example, in Charlton some idiots started with their monkey business and the club was relegated'

Yes, clearly Roland, it was clearly the supporters fault that best players were sold, it is also obvious that the replacements brought in on huge wages who were sub-standard was the supporters fault too, and it's obviously the supporters fault that 8 managers have been sacked in your tenure.

I think he needs a little bit more pursuasion, dont you?

Comments

• He is completely in denial!
  • Senile
  • edited June 2017
  • Look on the bright side - he's close to admitting his project is failing. He deserves every cent of the massive loss he will take on this misguided venture.
  • Every club is for sale - Translates as make me an offer.
  • If he believes that he's been fed some ridiculous lies by Miere ...
  • http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20170607_02915057/video-bekijk-hier-het-integrale-truiense-sportdebat

This is carrying on from @Big_In_Brasov's comments re this on the St Truiden thread, we've had some more translated by the STVV boys, and it seems that our illustrious leader is digging his heels in - some of his magnificent comments are...

- He does not want to choose between STVV and Charlton,' it would be like choosing betwen one of his children' (not sure what context that is)
    - 'All clubs are for sale but selling Charlton is not a priority'
    - 'In football, you need support of the fans...for example, in Charlton some idiots started with their monkey business and the club was relegated'

Yes, clearly Roland, it was clearly the supporters fault that best players were sold, it is also obvious that the replacements brought in on huge wages who were sub-standard was the supporters fault too, and it's obviously the supporters fault that 8 managers have been sacked in your tenure.

I think he needs a little bit more pursuasion, dont you?

I would add that in the interview he was asked if he prefers dancing or watching football. I bet you all know his answer......

• He knows he's lying. Idiot.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017
    The FA should charge him with bringing the game into disrepute.
  • Was this from when he was on telly a couple of weeks ago?
  • The fans fault because we are the ones who put Karol Fraeye in charge
  • Was this from when he was on telly a couple of weeks ago?

yes 7th June from the link in the OP

• Let's take it from where it comes 'a delusional old fart, who thinks ballet is a sport' . If he dislikes us so much he must buggar off somewhere else and take Pinocchio with him, we're not particularly fond of you and we know who's really to blame for our current predicament and it's not the supporters
  • 'All clubs are for sale but selling Charlton is not a priority'

That's new
  • Curb_It said:

Oh look, a Charlton thread. How novel.

You say that but I blame Brexit (there's almost a Brussels link) and that May woman.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'In football, you need support of the fans...'
    This is also a change of tune, when you think of how dismissive RD & KM have been of fans over the years.
    Now the question is how to prove to RD & the Belgian media that protesters are the majority, not the minority?
  • It's "not a priority" for 2 reasons.

1. He hates the fans and wants to take the piss by saying something like that.

2. No one is willing to offer the ridiculous amount he is asking for.

The fans don't get paid for their part in supporting the team. The club would not exist without a fanbase.

• What a cnut
  • He is just stoking the flames to get us riled. He is a real player.