Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Red Bull

Following UEFAs decision to allow both Leipzig & Salzberg to play in the Champions league, I guess that's the final stumbling block sorted. Our takeover can go ahead!!

Comments

• Apparently they no longer have a controlling stake in Salzburg and only sponsor the club . Probably a fiddle .
  • edited June 2017
    Taxi_Lad said:

Following UEFAs decision to allow both Leipzig & Salzberg to play in the Champions league, I guess that's the final stumbling block sorted. Our takeover can go ahead!!

Finally, Roland will go all out to get us and STTV into the Champion's League now. Cancel the protests.
  • Apparently they no longer have a controlling stake in Salzburg and only sponsor the club . Probably a fiddle .

Agree. Especially as Salzburg is the home of the company.

It's Salzburg's biggest "contribution" to the global economy since Mozartballs...

Agree. Especially as Salzburg is the home of the company.

It's Salzburg's biggest "contribution" to the global economy since Mozartballs...
    I think we can squeeze The Sound of Music in between those two.
  • "Red Bull bought Austria Salzburg in 2005, renaming it, but following a restructuring it no longer has a controlling stake and merely sponsors the club"

So who owns them now then?
  • A guy called Seine Rotstier now owns them
  • I thought it was Ross Oroto?
  • i only discovered thanks to this -paywalled - article in The Athletić that Red Bull’s founder has passed away

https://theathletic.com/3745311/2022/10/31/red-bull-leipzig-dietrich-mateschitz/?source=user_shared_article

The article is by Rafael Honigstein who is a great footie journo. The thrust of it is that nobody knows what it might mean for RB’s future business strategy. It seems he only had 49%, the Japanese who created the recipe have 51%. His son who is only 29 is being groomed to take over. But nobody knows the attitude of either party to football or other sport sponsorship, and so far they have remained silent despite a storm of speculation in German media. 

Could be very interesting….
  • i only discovered thanks to this -paywalled - article in The Athletić that Red Bull’s founder has passed away

https://theathletic.com/3745311/2022/10/31/red-bull-leipzig-dietrich-mateschitz/?source=user_shared_article

The article is by Rafael Honigstein who is a great footie journo. The thrust of it is that nobody knows what it might mean for RB’s future business strategy. It seems he only had 49%, the Japanese who created the recipe have 51%. His son who is only 29 is being groomed to take over. But nobody knows the attitude of either party to football or other sport sponsorship, and so far they have remained silent despite a storm of speculation in German media. 

The other founder was Thai, FYI, and died 10 years ago. I presume his son holds his share 
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland next?
  • Roland next?
    I don’t think he has the appetite to get back into football 😉 
  • Nsam3110 said:
    i only discovered thanks to this -paywalled - article in The Athletić that Red Bull’s founder has passed away

The other founder was Thai, FYI, and died 10 years ago. I presume his son holds his share 
    Thanks, my error, apologies, dont know how I did that, as it’s in the article. The Yoovidhija family…he writes that currently no one knows what their attitude might be to how Red Bull should move forward in the sport field.
  • I still baffles me the whole thing... like people are sitting in Liepzig or Vienna, or big F1 fans are sitting there in pubs or restaurants making a big scene;

"what do you MEAN I have to have Monster with my vodka!?! it's red bull or NOTHINGGGGGGG! Pepsi? No Coca cola??!! (flips table over) I DEMAND to see the manager!!" 

• edited November 2022
    in fact i'll go further... when I am trying to pull together a little injection of energy to go to work in the morning and I pop in the shop for a caffeine pep up... NO red bull, i won't pay 14 million quid for a sparrows kneecap size morsel that you call a can when i can get a metric fuck ton of monster/rockstar/reggie flick's jambo jumping juice for a pound that tastes and does exactly the same.

• edited November 2022
    in fact i'll go further... when I am trying to pull together a little injection of energy to go to work in the morning and I pop in the shop for a caffeine pep up... NO red bull, i won't pay 14 million quid for a sparrows kneecap size morsel that you call a can when i can get a metric fuck ton of monster/rockstar/reggie flick's jambo jumping juice for a pound that tastes and does exactly the same.

I think you may need to actually cut back on caffeine drinks if it gets you this airated.
  • I still baffles me the whole thing... like people are sitting in Liepzig or Vienna, or big F1 fans are sitting there in pubs or restaurants making a big scene;

"what do you MEAN I have to have Monster with my vodka!?! it's red bull or NOTHINGGGGGGG! Pepsi? No Coca cola??!! (flips table over) I DEMAND to see the manager!!" 

The Austrian team is actually in Salzburg. Until RB came along they were a nothing club ( not that any Austrian clubs have made any impact in recent times in Euro comps.) . Now they, predictably, dominate, and have a free pass into Europe each season. Salzburg is a beautiful city, but you will never convince me it is a football city. Leipzig is, but if RB had been ready to respect German football they would have revived Lokomotiv, a famous old club. Happily, Lokomotiv is now starting to revive itself, despite  the presence of the huge artificial neighbour. When I was in town, I noticed that the home fans were completely invisible in the city centre. No sign of support like the mini-stickers that German fans like to post on lamp-posts etc as a calling card.Nothing on their cars either. Yet they get 40k turning up. It’s all pretty weird. I hope its coming to an en.