Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***MAINTENANCE****Forum Closed After 11pm Fri night! EDIT: Report Issues Here

Greetings all!

The site will be transferred to a new and more luxurious home on Friday evening. As a result, anyone attempting to sign in to the Forum will see a message after 11pm GMT barring entry. The actual transfer should not take long, but we must wait for the address change to propagate. This can take hours. With a bit of luck, the site should be available again on Saturday morning, bright-eyed and bushy tailed for most if not all. Fingers crossed, the new server should accommodate the site much better. I think you will find that "moaning", in particular, will be more efficient and available to a wider audience than ever before.

In all seriousness, we're all hoping for a more stable, more efficient and more snappy Charlton Life. More a vintage Scott Parker than a classic Amdy Faye.

You may recall that the site launched soon after Iain Dowie took charge of the first team. I always said it was a mistake to have him pick the server. With Faye leaving in the past week, the migration away from our current set-up marks the true end to a tumultuous era. Let's hope it's onwards and upwards for both the site and the Club!

Andrew Mills,
AkA LoOkOut

Comments

• Good luck lookie - That's lucky actually as I'm on the piss tomorrow from 3pm pacific time so perfect timing
  • No such thing as "pacific time " ------------ hang your head in shame its all GMT + or -

Good luck with the change over.
  • You could have chose a better time. That's when Off_it attacks his keyboard after a straight from work Friday night session.

I enjoy his drunken ramblings when I get in around midnight
  • Are we getting new hamsters then?
  • Since when did people start using BST?

Well done for sorting the site out LoOkOut.
  • Cheers Adam, Hope to see you on the other side!!!!
  • Good work fellas
  • Sorry GH - I'll use Gooner Mean Time next time ;o)
  • Well done mate - will buy you that beer next week if your'e around?
  • Thanks Chicago. All seems in order. Please report any issues here, or if you can't log in, to admin @charltonlife.com
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems to work ok, what have you changed?
  • Whatevers been done the site has definately speeded up and I see a lot of the left hand side stuff is back.
    (You can tell I'm very technical).
  • Blimey, almost as quick as Usain Bolt!
  • Very fast - well done all!
  • vast improvement, good move!
  • Well done Lookie and AFKA, thanks.
  • Thanks guys, great work. The site is MUCH faster.
  • Top work LoOkOut...

Great to have the who's online function back as well!
  • Who's Online might not make monday though. It's still a bit of a drag and I don't want to bog us down.
  • Well done,a great improvement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to say, LoOkie and AFKA ........ what a joy to use the site today.

No more hanging, waiting 5 minutes to see if my post actually posted - or had disappeared into cyberspace or post heaven, never to see the light of day.

Great job, guys - much appreciated! ........ has this new server and improvements made a big hole in your pockets?
  • Already the difference shows - a new server and suddenly Charlton start playing well for the first time in two years. Coincidence? I think not...
  • we're on the up BFR !!

has anybody had any issues ? compatible with all browsers etc ?
  • has anybody had any issues ? compatible with all browsers etc ?

None as far as I'm concerned, works perfectly.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite][p]Who's Online might not make monday though. It's still a bit of a drag and I don't want to bog us down.[/p]

Will the who's on line section be deleted after monday, would be a shame.
  • Seems really fast. Well done Guys.
  • The service seems pretty fast now compared to the last few weeks.

Adam / Danny

Has this move cost you any money? If it has, I would be more than happy to bung a few quid into the pot
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite][p]The service seems pretty fast now compared to the last few weeks.[/p][p]Adam / Danny[/p][p]Has this move cost you any money? If it has, I would be more than happy to bung a few quid into the pot[/p]

Ditto,

Well done gentlemen, a top site just got better.
  • No issues here, using IE7 Lookie if that helps... Will try the Macbook later tonight and let you know

Good work
  • Fine on Firefox