Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dartford F.C.

Just been on to ryman league website to see how a couple of customers done today and was astonished to see Dartfords attendances.They lost at home to Dover on tuesday night in front 1781 and lost today at home to Hastings in front of 1000.For ryman premier they are huge crowds,respect to their fans.

Comments

• And at a time when we seem to be shedding supporters...

Do we have any Valley Express coaches going to/from Dartford?
  • afc wimbledon have won all four of their games and are top of the league.

They're playing bromley at home on monday for those that may fancy it , would have thought that will attract a crowd around the 3000 mark
  • A few of my lot have stopped going charlton away and some homes to follow dartford. they got ST's and go away games as well.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][p]And at a time when we seem to be shedding supporters...[/p][p]Do we have any Valley Express coaches going to/from Dartford?[/p]

4 trains an hour - it's very easy to get from Charlton to Dartford ;-) I might have said this here before, but if I had a kid, I'd be more inclined to take them to Dartford than Charlton - lovely atmosphere down there, went with Rothko last season and it was just really fun. Some decent stuff played down there as well.

I might go over to AFC Wimbledon v Bromley tomorrow, looks set to be a cracker. (With Welling, Fisher, Bromley and AFC Wimbledon, the Conference South has some great south London matches this season.)
  • Wot a shame Tooting got stuffed on Saturday tho' .
    (Dulwich/Tooting arch-rivals).
  • i was told tooting/sutton arch rivals
  • Tooting .sutton and carshalton all big rivals -
  • edited August 2008
    So I went to AFC Wimbledon today and they beat Bromley 3-1 - attendance 3,149 - and I just missed Mark Goldberg in the bar after. Should I have shaken his hand?

(I wore my Che Killer top, and two Wimbledon fans said they thought it was a Carshalton shirt...)
  • I'm thinking of going with my daughter on saturady to the home game Dartford against Wealdstone f.c.
  • Does anyone ever go down to see Welling?
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][p]Does anyone ever go down to see Welling?[/p][/quote]

Normally once a year after work around July sort of time. And spend the rest of the year steering well clear
  • Exactly the answer I was expecting, Carts, lol

Seriously, anyone else follow Wings?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    Seriously, anyone else follow Wings?

yes, get over there 4-5 times a season.

Think Clem Side went yesterday.
  • A bloke at work mentioned this last week and the fact that crowds are up in a lot of the smaller leagues
  • I went to Welling yesterday, they beat Fisher 3-0. they did not play some bad stuff but Fisher were very poor.
  • The magician Dorian Smith is strutting his stuff down at Welling
  • Smith did play, was not that good and was replaced with 15 (or so) to go.
  • Who's Sheringham playing for Welling, is it Charlie Sheringham Teddy's boy or just someone else with the same surname :-)
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]Who's Sheringham playing for Welling, is it Charlie Sheringham Teddy's boy or just someone else with the same surname :-)

Yep, he's Teddy's son.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]Who's Sheringham playing for Welling, is it Charlie Sheringham Teddy's boy or just someone else with the same surname :-)

Yep, he's Teddy's son.

Case closed, thanks BFR :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Shearingham senior was in the stands watching, as well as quite a number of people wearing Millwall replica clothing. With the exceptions of Pre Season games it’s the first time I have seen Welling play in years, and back then it was always full of Charlton fans. The Millwall lot have obviously found this a better level of the game!
  • Millwall were playing away, so I guess some of their locally living fans fancied watching a game?

When I lived in Welling, Bexley United were then the club at Park View - and they invariably played their home games when Charlton played away.

Before I started following Charlton away, would either go to the Den with Millwall mates or down tp Park View to watch Bexley Utd. Lots of Charlton down there too.

It seems crazy that Welling Utd play their home games to coincide with Charlton playing at The Valley, only 4 miles away.
  • Advert time;

When Charlton are playing away and we can't make it , we normally go down to Dulwich Hamlet .
    Okay, not as great as the addicks , but £8 gets you acouple of hours of fun.
    And the bars cheap and open all game , and you can watch the game from there.

Advert over !
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Millwall were playing away, so I guess some of their locally living fans fancied watching a game?

When I lived in Welling, Bexley United were then the club at Park View - and they invariably played their home games when Charlton played away.

Before I started following Charlton away, would either go to the Den with Millwall mates or down tp Park View to watch Bexley Utd. Lots of Charlton down there too.

It seems crazy that Welling Utd play their home games to coincide with Charlton playing at The Valley, only 4 miles away.

That's a bit odd. I discovered at the weekend that AFC Wimbledon are paired with Brentford for home matches on the fixture computer, maybe Welling should get that sorted with us (unless having Millwall fans there is more important to them). In fact, didn't we have an agreement to encourage our fans to go to Welling recently?

Agreed about Dulwich - easy-peasy to get to and good fun.
  • What Dulwich is like with beer included
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Exactly the answer I was expecting, Carts, lol

Seriously, anyone else follow Wings?[/quote]

Yeah I get down there whenever I can, went Monday and was impressed by their work rate.
  • if welling were playing fisher thats perhaps why milwallers were there??
  • Just had their striker Jamie Coyle in the office, mentioned they had a poor start, told us he missed 90th minute penalty then scored the winner in the 94th at Harlow on Monday.

Mentioned Dave Martin who went to Palarse, told me they sold him to nillwall now, not making it at either club, big step up he said "not to palarse it wasn't " I told him.
  • Oggy played for Sarf London Schools against Bexely Utd. Was supposed to be their kids but6/7 of the first team played. They were 6 nil up at half time ! we were 16 yo kids their yongest was 20 really was men against boys. Lost 7 v2 after they brought their kids on.

2 years later played for th Met League against Welling won 4 nil. At the Dock labour ground which i think is a golf driving range now.
  • Good stories, GH.

I played at Park View twice, once in a Schools league representative side early 70's, and another
    against I can't remember who....about 1974.