Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Norwich away details

Tickets now on sale, but will not be sold on the night. there are also coaches advertised for this fixture. Please note the last train leaves Norwich at 22.00 which leaves little time if there is injury time & no time if there is extra time &/or penalties.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59940019f3178/details-confirmed-for-carabao-cup-tie-at-norwich-city-tickets-also-on-sale

Comments

• Good price if I wasn't on holiday would probably go and take my chance on the train :)
  • It's a bit of a nightmare on the train, especially as that journey always surprises me with how long it takes.

I'm not in the country for this one but reckon I'd give it a miss even if I was.
  • I'd forgotten about this one .. be a good test for us provided that Nahrich put out a decent strength team, see how we have improved since the pre season loss to them .. on the other hand, look at Ipswich since we mullered them .. pre season games ? .. what, if anything do they tell us ?
  • I'd forgotten about this one .. be a good test for us provided that Nahrich put out a decent strength team, see how we have improved since the pre season loss to them .. on the other hand, look at Ipswich since we mullered them .. pre season games ? .. what, if anything do they tell us ?

Do you know what. I have lived in Norwich 20 years now and have never heard a local pronounce Norwich like that!! Weird.

Do you know what. I have lived in Norwich 20 years now and have never heard a local pronounce Norwich like that!! Weird.
    I've lived in Norfolk for nearly 40 years and have never heard a local pronounce Norwich like that.
    Its probably how they pronounce Norwich in Lincolnshire.
  • That 10pm train takes a light jog and fingers crossed there's no queue in the off licence at the station..
  • It's pronounced Norridge by the locals

10-15 min walk from stadium to train. You'll be fine. 2 hour train to Liverpool Street feels reasonable to me.

Wish I could be there.

10-15 min walk from stadium to train. You'll be fine. 2 hour train to Liverpool Street feels reasonable to me.

Wish I could be there.

Nahrich or Norridge .. I am struggling to discern a real difference .. perhaps it takes a Nawfalk ear to tell the difference

Wish I could be there.

Nahrich or Norridge .. I am struggling to discern a real difference .. perhaps it takes a Nawfalk ear to tell the difference
    Whereas we pronounce it norfook!
  • When I came to Norfolk in the early 1970's it was not unusual for two old boys to greet each other with.
    "What do you say boy" and the answer would be "Not a lot".
    Seems to have died out in recent years.
    As for the game I've got my ticket for the match.
  • Sponsored links:

• When I came to Norfolk in the early 1970's it was not unusual for two old boys to greet each other with.

so not like Silly Saffalk .. 'av you gorra loight buoy' ((:>)

Thought the bloke who sang "Ave you got a light boy" was born in Lancashire and raised in Norfolk.
    His accent was supposed to be Norfolk.

Thought the bloke who sang "Ave you got a light boy" was born in Lancashire and raised in Norfolk.
    His accent was supposed to be Norfolk.

the Singing Postman ? .. born Sheringham .. named after the great Teddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqmXLkJ8Bwk
  • Actually Lincs. There's a bit of difference between a Norwich and Norfolk accent.
    My Norwich born wife has quite a different accent to West and North Norfolk folk.
  • Actually Lincs. There's a bit of difference between a Norwich and Norfolk accent.
    My Norwich born wife has quite a different accent to West and North Norfolk folk.

big county Norfolk .. and accent wise a few miles makes all the difference .. when I come down to London now, I stay in Cheshunt or Enfield .. accent is so different from sarf of the Thames .. yer no wot I meen ?

big county Norfolk .. and accent wise a few miles makes all the difference .. when I come down to London now, I stay in Cheshunt or Enfield .. accent is so different from sarf of the Thames .. yer no wot I meen ?
    Yes mate.

I used to say that to my old dog before he went...and I live in Lincolnshire...he never replied..not a lot though.

I used to say that to my old dog before he went...and I live in Lincolnshire...he never replied..not a lot though.
    Obliviously not a Norfolk Terrier.
  • How many tickets do you think we will sell for Tuesday nights game??

I've got my two - it's as close as I get to a "home" game. It certainly won't be a six-hour-plus round trip like it is for games at The Valley!
  • Sponsored links:

I've got my two - it's as close as I get to a "home" game. It certainly won't be a six-hour-plus round trip like it is for games at The Valley!
    Its as close to a home game for me Briston.
    I've got my two so that's at least four.
  • Got my two....Thorpe St Sndrew via the Fat Cat n Canary.....that's six of us!
  • Shame we're not putting out our best team...but totally understand why. Not getting any injuries and stepping out of league 1 is the priority
  • Blucher said:

I'm going for a cultural and beer tour of Norwich with my two adult sons, so we're getting the 11.30 from Liverpool Street and have found some cheap Airbnb accommodation at the Rose Inn pub, which is just over 10 minutes walk from the ground. Only £51 plus £7 service fee, plus you get a £5 beer voucher thrown in (a paradigm example of 'know your market'). It should be perfectly satisfactory for our very basic needs.

I've only been to Carrow Road for a couple of Christmas games against Charlton in 1971 and 1985, so am looking forward to doing the Riverside walk around the Wensum, dropping into the cathedral and having a few cleansing ales en route. We may take in the Whitlington Country Park on Wednesday morning before grabbing a pub lunch and catching the train home so, all in all, it's got the makings of a very civilised outing.

Letting the football get in the way of having a good time.
  • Indeed - mind you, the fact that it's the Carabao Cup at least reduces the chances of the football casting a pall over events. I don't imagine the competition is too high on either club's list of priorities but hopefully we'll see a decent performance from some of our very promising youngsters.
  • Blucher said:

I'm going for a cultural and beer tour of Norwich with my two adult sons, so we're getting the 11.30 from Liverpool Street and have found some cheap Airbnb accommodation at the Rose Inn pub, which is just over 10 minutes walk from the ground. Only £51 plus £7 service fee, plus you get a £5 beer voucher thrown in (a paradigm example of 'know your market'). It should be perfectly satisfactory for our very basic needs.

I've only been to Carrow Road for a couple of Christmas games against Charlton in 1971 and 1985, so am looking forward to doing the Riverside walk around the Wensum, dropping into the cathedral and having a few cleansing ales en route. We may take in the Whitlington Country Park on Wednesday morning before grabbing a pub lunch and catching the train home so, all in all, it's got the makings of a very civilised outing.

Get yourself to The Belgian Monk beer restaurant mate! See if Roly is there!!

http://www.thebelgianmonk.com

• Yes, The Belgian Monk is certainly on our list. We are hoping to intercept Roland there late tomorrow afternoon and then to accompany him to the medieval River Wensum ducking stool.

I see that this establishment "offers customers a choice of a regular selection of some 45 beers together with a selection of special beers... in an informal relaxed "friends and family" atmosphere. It provides more than just the meal or drink but a whole Belgian experience." Alas, there is no reference to dancing but, otherwise, it sounds like his scene. We'll keep our eyes peeled for the old scroat.
  • Bugger the Belgian Monk (if you'll pardon the expression).

Ribs Of Beef for me or, if you don't mind a bit of a trek out of the city centre, the Fat Cat (only been to the original one in West End Street but I suppose the other two (Fat Cat Brewery Tap on the Sprowston Road and the Fat Cat And Canary on the Thorpe Road) are much the same.

A date for the diaries: the last week in October (half-term week here) is the Norwich Beer Festival ... bloody marvellous!