Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where is HugoZHackenbush nowadays?

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Haven't seen or heard from Hugo in what seems like years....he was one of the most prolific posters on the old Rivals site for years and was always good for a laugh and some fun banter.We should at least try and get him back for the odd 'cameo' post here and there.
I know he (Kevin wasn't it?), used to float between Sweden(?) and The UK but now seems to have gone completely on the missing list having moved there permanently ....got shacked up with some Swedish, or was it Danish, Doris if I'm not mistaken?
If you read this board Hugo give us an update.

Comments

• Hugo used to post on here regulalary, SoundAs ...... but not for a few months now, I guess .......?
  • he did move to sweden with a laydee, and does come back every now and then for games. I know that Latimer used to keep in touch with him regularly.
  • Hugo last logged onto here last month.
  • He was a really prolific, funny and popular poster....would be good to see him back posting more often.
  • Didn't make his fortune in gold?.....
  • I sent him a text during the game last week to give him an update. He was watching it on tv with his mate Lars.
    He lives in Sweden now as suzi said. He seemed quite chirpy about last Saturday's performance.
    One great thing about the guy, apart from his humour and his ability to get a round in ;), was his dedication in getting Bob, who had muscular distrophy, to games, a few seasons back. He used to go and pick him up with Bob's nephew, I believe. It was a fair old round trip. Hugo never made a big deal about it, he just did it. It was just the action of a decent man, someone who helped out another human being do something "normal" he loved, at a time when those normal activities were getting increasingly hard to do.
    For all the horrible things that happen in the world and sadly there are plenty of them, it's good to sometimes reflect on the kind deeds that go unspoken or unnoticed.
    ( and if you see this Hugo, hope you don't mind me posting that up here, I know you didn't do it for the praise, but it is a thread about you, so thought it was appropriate)
    Bob sadly died of his illness. It was just before we beat Everton up at Goodison 1-0. Me Hugo and my son Dave went up to the game partly out of respect for brave old Bob, because we could. It felt as though the team won it for him that day and he was looking down going "Yes!" Sounds daft, I know but that is how it felt.
    I can't remember what Bob's log on name was for the moment. But he was a true fan. He loved the time everyone went on the "other" Claus Jensen site and the bloke had about a million hits!
  • I knew Bob a little, he was an ex Catford Boys lad same as me and Chicago Addick, though a fair bit younger...his posting name was...DistantAddick if I remember correctly and yes it was top draw kindness and dedication from Hugo.
  • If he made his dosh in gold

Please tell him to send a few bars over to the club
  • yes, Bob used to post as Distant Addick.

Was a lovely bloke.

RIP
  • [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]One great thing about the guy, apart from his humour and his ability to get a round in ;), was his dedication in getting Bob, who had muscular distrophy, to games, a few seasons back. He used to go and pick him up with Bob's nephew, I believe. It was a fair old round trip. Hugo never made a big deal about it, he just did it. It was just the action of a decent man, someone who helped out another human being do something "normal" he loved, at a time when those normal activities were getting increasingly hard to do.
    For all the horrible things that happen in the world and sadly there are plenty of them, it's good to sometimes reflect on the kind deeds that go unspoken or unnoticed.
    ( and if you see this Hugo, hope you don't mind me posting that up here, I know you didn't do it for the praise, but it is a thread about you, so thought it was appropriate)
    Bob sadly died of his illness. !

I saw Hugo at a Chilterns CASC meeting shortly after Bob died- He was really quite cut up by his death-

Echo your thoughts completely about him doing it very very quietly.
  • Sponsored links:

• I do keep intouch with Hugo in fact I am proud posession of his season ticket which he still retains next to me at The Valley!. Funnily enough I have just dropped him an email prior to coming on here to check when he will be over and will let you all know, last season he got to the Sheff Wed game early in the season but work commitments in Sweden plus holidays to the Carribean get in the way!

A great character!
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Haven't seen or heard from Hugo in what seems like years....he was one of the most prolific posters on the old Rivals site for years and was always good for a laugh and some fun banter.We should at least try and get him back for the odd 'cameo' post here and there.
    I know he (Kevin wasn't it?), used to float between Sweden(?) and The UK but now seems to have gone completely on the missing list having moved there permanently ....got shacked up with some Swedish, or was it Danish, Doris if I'm not mistaken?
    If you read this board Hugo give us an update.

How oddly gratifying to be missed. I did post an update under a previous thread - having been advised by 3blokes that I was "wanted" but there is nothing much to report. I am still stuck here in Stockholm and have been too busy for too long to be able to keep up with what goes on on a messageboard. I'm not a great skimmer and over time names and "faces" change and it gets becomes very difficult to jump in and out.

I will try though....
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: HugoZHackenbush[/cite]And I still miss him today. Not perhaps the total invalid who could scarcely communicate and was in constant pain and who winced every time I hit a bump in the road, but the Bob who (literally) dreamt of buying Jermaine Defoe from Wet Sham and putting him to work in the burger bar and fining him a week's wages every time he burned one.
    ROFLMAO! As football dreams go, that's a bloody good one.
  • That's a lovely post Kev.

I remember you asking me to help out with the drive which unfortunately i never did- I also remember seeing you in the carpark after the Chiltern CASC/ Richard Murray meeting after Bob's funeral and it was so blindingly clear that you were absolutely gutted by his passing..

Hope all is well with everything else with you mate........
  • Wonderful stuff Hugo......Nice of you to pop in........come back more often, it goes without saying that you're always welcome here amongst your fellow Addicks.
  • What a thought provoking piece of writing Kevin - big lump in my throat right now.

Had the pleasure of meeting Bob a few times and it truly was a pleasure.
  • Great post kev
  • Never met Bob, in fact, I've never met Hugo either but that is a beautiful post on this site & it hits home just how lucky we all are to be healthy & to enjoy our lives - the ups & the downs, life is good.
  • [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Never met Bob, in fact, I've never met Hugo either but that is a beautiful post on this site & it hits home just how lucky we all are to be healthy & to enjoy our lives - the ups & the downs, life is good.

How very right you are. As Bob and I were about to set off for the Valley that last time his next-door-but-one neighbour emerged, kids in tow, wearing a Wolves shirt and asked us for advice regarding public transport to the Valley. As he left he made the obvious remark about letting them have the 3 points as they needed them. Well, we didn't give them the points and they were duly relegated although I don't think the 3 points would have made any difference in the end.

But I have often reflected on that conversation. With the benefit of hindsight I doubt if very many of us would have chosen to stand in Bob's shoes that day rather than in those of the Wolves supporter, and I suppose that experience has helped me to take 2 relegations more or less in my stride.

Basically waking up to feel pissed off about yesterday's result is a joy and a privilege and being physically capable of kicking the cat is an added bonus.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: HugoZHackenbush[/cite]And I still miss him today. Not perhaps the total invalid who could scarcely communicate and was in constant pain and who winced every time I hit a bump in the road, but the Bob who (literally) dreamt of buying Jermaine Defoe from Wet Sham and putting him to work in the burger bar and fining him a week's wages every time he burned one.
    ROFLMAO! As football dreams go, that's a bloody good one.

Great post Hugo...and I'm sitting here pissing myself at the Defoe dream
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

Great post Hugo...and I'm sitting here pissing myself at the Defoe dream

Bob was on some pretty heavy medication, I think, which meant he could never attend evening kick-offs.

That dream was strangely detailed. Some bits of it were reasonably plausible (like Charlton winning the league title 20 years running) whilst others were rather far-fetched (like me being appointed finance director. Except I suppose it was Bob's decision and he was returning a favour). And he never did explain how he got to be so fabulously wealthy in the first place. But the Defoe bit is the bit I remember clearest.

How could it ever be a sacrifice having to spend time in company like that?
  • Great post and puts everything else into perspective really. Anyway stop mincing around in hurdy gurdy land and get back to the valley you part timer. Only true fans will follow us in the third tier FACT.
  • edited August 2009
    Whoops when whispers go wrong no 35621. I did not mean to reveal the members of the consortium but luckily no one noticed.
  • Anyone heard from him?
  • edited October 2017
    Last time I heard he was due to be at the home match against Carlisle a few seasons back. I was planning to meet up with him to say hello but for some reason I couldn’t make it. He was living in Sweden I believe. Hope all is well with him, he was a good guy :+1:
  • I knew Bob a little, he was an ex Catford Boys lad same as me and Chicago Addick, though a fair bit younger...his posting name was...DistantAddick if I remember correctly and yes it was top draw kindness and dedication from Hugo.

those ex cbs are a bit of a rarity !!
  • Anyone heard from him?

He's still in Stockholm. Hoping to see him in Denmark next summer, when I'm home for a few weeks.