Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Groundhopping

Comments

• Just looking at fixtures and it's been confirmed for 3.15pm on the Sunday so you'll be fine mate
  • cafc4life said:

Just looking at fixtures and it's been confirmed for 3.15pm on the Sunday so you'll be fine mate

Nice one mate.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Will be adding 2 new grounds over the next couple of Months. Bilbao (v Girona) and Lazio (v Cagliari). Roma also at home during my time in Rome so aim to attend that game as well.

You got tickets for these games yet mate
    Not yet mate. the games is rome will be easy as they never sell out, so will buy when I'm there. Bilbao tickets I'll buy online when they go on sale (usually about 10 days before the game)

If you get the chance and are looking for another game to go to , see if CF Barakaldo are at home that weekend Mate. Lower division team but tidy little ground , they played the same kick off time as Bilbao when I went but I'd certainly go there if the chance came when I go back. Took about 20 mins on metro to get to there ground aswel so very local.Lots of second and third division teams play within train distance of Bilbao. You booked a hotel yet? Occidental Bilbao is quality if you are still looking.
    How did you go about getting your Bilbao match tickets? You paid €80 right?

Just checked, Barakaldo are away at sociedad b when I'm there.

Hotel is booked up, but thanks for the heads up.
    Got them off their official website on the Monday before the game . Went on sale 10am I think it was. Paid that much for a half sensible seat, could of paid probably half that and sat top tier etc but it was also their last home game of the season so maybe inflated the prices slightly. It's a quality ground though I really would like to go back, hopefully do a Europa league game on the Thursday and Sociedad game on the Sunday if it works out right .
    Nice one - will go down the same route then. Do they do a stadium tour that you know of?
    There was certainly a tour of the old one. So presumably yes.
  • Yesterday I done Bedfont Sports v AFC Hayes. A very uninspiring 2-1 win for the home side.

A nice little ground and a good set up for Combined Counties level.

A headcount of about 40.
  • edited August 2017

Yesterday I done Bedfont Sports v AFC Hayes. A very uninspiring 2-1 win for the home side.

A headcount of about 40.

What about other body parts?
  • Yesterday I done Bedfont Sports v AFC Hayes. A very uninspiring 2-1 win for the home side.

A headcount of about 40.

What about other body parts?
    You're not gonna add too many lol's on this one Dicky.
  • I've had a ground hopper turn up at both my matches 2 weeks on trot he came from Wimbledon to watch hemsworth (South Yorkshire) v Barton town
    Then this weekend to watch
    Campion (Bradford) v Knaresborough Town
  • edited August 2017
    Went to Grasshoppers Zurich v St Gallen at the terrible Letzigrund stadium this afternoon.

Finished 2-0 to Grasshoppers, really should have been 4 or 5-0 though, Grasshoppers wasted some really good chances. Paid CHF 7.50 (about £7) for 400mls of Carlsberg. Football is maybe lower Championship level quality but the finishing really is atrocious - even an average League One striker would have finished off some more of Grasshoppers well worked opportunities. The amount of weed being openly smoked in the stands was something else and there were lots of attractive girls there too, not sure if those things are connected.
  • se9addick said:

Went to Grasshoppers Zurich v St Gallen at the terrible Letzigrund stadium this afternoon.

Finished 2-0 to Grasshoppers, really should have been 4 or 5-0 though, Grasshoppers wasted some really good chances. Paid CHF 7.50 (about £7) for 400mls of Carlsberg. Football is maybe lower Championship level quality but the finishing really is atrocious - even an average League One striker would have finished off some more of Grasshoppers well worked opportunities. The amount of weed being openly smoked in the stands was something else and there were lots of attractive girls there too, not sure if those things are connected.

If smoking weed attracts good looking crumpet I'm going to have to start indulging.
  • I am venturing to Weston-super-Mare, it will be a nice cheap trip for £20 return courtesy of GWR doing a promotion six weeks ago.

Weston SM v Chippenham ticked will then leave only Chelmsford, Poole, Chippenham and Hungerford to do in this league.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am venturing to Weston-super-Mare, it will be a nice cheap trip for £20 return courtesy of GWR doing a promotion six weeks ago.

Weston SM v Chippenham ticked will then leave only Chelmsford, Poole, Chippenham and Hungerford to do in this league.

Why aren't you going to Rotherham ?

His boycotting thank f@ck

Chrissy answered for me mate.

Whose chrissy
  • clb74 said:

I am venturing to Weston-super-Mare, it will be a nice cheap trip for £20 return courtesy of GWR doing a promotion six weeks ago.

Whose chrissy
    You darling.
  • F@cking chrissy
  • edited August 2017
    I saw Slavia Prague a couple of weeks ago, it was pretty low quality but fairly noisy. If you're ever in Prague it's £7-10 entry and an easy tram journey.

Just booked flights to see Sporting Lisbon Club de Portugal in December. I'm currently on 147 grounds so I'll try make that my 150th, plus Estoril, Setubal and a few second tier clubs are at home.
  • A 'new' ground built around 2002. A brisk 30 minutes from the station on an industrial estate, do this if you are looking to complete the division. Otherwise avoid.

A 2-2 draw with a gate of 400'ish.

So not just boycotting home games, but aways as well.

Charlton now have a proper manager and proper team, playing their most attractive football since when we were riding high in The Premiership and you're missing it all. A real shame.
  • Combined Counties today for a 11.30 kick-off to see Spelthorne Sports v Walton and Hersham, a deserved 2-0 win for the home side.

A quirky little ground and the first one ever I have been to with no toilet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Off to Rusthall v Canterbury.

Will look for a pub in Tunbridge Wells before the game to watch the first half of Bradford v Bristol Rovers. Another televised game with no consideration for the away fans.
  • Off to Rusthall v Canterbury.

Will look for a pub in Tunbridge Wells before the game to watch the first half of Bradford v Bristol Rovers. Another televised game with no consideration for the away fans.

Zzzzz
  • A cracking game ended 2-2 with three goals on 90 minutes.

The official gate was 198, my headcount of about 80 made the official figure baffling.
  • se9addick said:

Don't say it's terrible. It's not a proper football ground but track and field. I trained there in 1960 and also saw Armin Hary run the 100 meter twice in 10:00 seconds to confirm new world record.

• Mixed my text , hope you can seperate it.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Will be adding 2 new grounds over the next couple of Months. Bilbao (v Girona) and Lazio (v Cagliari). Roma also at home during my time in Rome so aim to attend that game as well.

Not yet mate. the games is rome will be easy as they never sell out, so will buy when I'm there. Bilbao tickets I'll buy online when they go on sale (usually about 10 days before the game)

If you get the chance and are looking for another game to go to , see if CF Barakaldo are at home that weekend Mate. Lower division team but tidy little ground , they played the same kick off time as Bilbao when I went but I'd certainly go there if the chance came when I go back. Took about 20 mins on metro to get to there ground aswel so very local.Lots of second and third division teams play within train distance of Bilbao. You booked a hotel yet? Occidental Bilbao is quality if you are still looking.

Got them off their official website on the Monday before the game . Went on sale 10am I think it was. Paid that much for a half sensible seat, could of paid probably half that and sat top tier etc but it was also their last home game of the season so maybe inflated the prices slightly. It's a quality ground though I really would like to go back, hopefully do a Europa league game on the Thursday and Sociedad game on the Sunday if it works out right .
    Managed to get the tickets from the website this morning 45 Euros + booking fee.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Managed to get the tickets from the website this morning 45 Euros + booking fee.
    Good work Dicky.
  • Went to see Universitario de Sucre in Bolivia the other day, one of the worst quality matches I've ever seen. Was only 20 bolivianos to get in though (around £2.50).image
  • Went to see Universitario de Sucre in Bolivia the other day, one of the worst quality matches I've ever seen. Was only 20 bolivianos to get in though (around £2.50).image

I had to read the post twice, I thought it read there were only 20 Bolivians in the ground!

Do they produce programmes?

That's a top tick. Sucre is lovely, especially if you've been to a few more typical Bolivian towns beforehand. There are some right hovels but I had such a great time everywhere.

The football is poor there but it's (mostly) at high altitude.