Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The OFFICIAL Preston match slit your wrists thread

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Just wrote what I considered to be a hopefully amusing & lighthearted post to set the ball rolling, then ......

AAAAAAGGGHHHH! ......I forgot to select category and I lost my poxy post.

There is absolutely no way to recover the post unless I copy & paste every time before I send.
So now I really do have something to moan about.

Please nice Mr LoOkie, please can we have a preview box before we send, like every other forum on the planet. Please?

Comments

• Please nice Mr LoOkie, please can we have a preview box before we send, like every other forum on the planet. Please?

We've just the site up and running again...
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Please nice Mr LoOkie, please can we have a preview box before we send, like every other forum on the planet. Please?

We've just the site up and running again...

Absolutely appreciated, BFR.

But this is one techie black hole that just does not exist on any other forums I've ever used.
  • Does this help ?

http://www.givemefootball.com/reports.html?fixtureID=3003086&action=matchstats
  • just a bit disappointed we let a lead slip
  • Luckily living up here it didn't take long to get home.

The best team won, if could have finished properly they would have had at least 3 by half time and it was just a question of when and how many. Preston played like we did last week, we played badly, Weaver had a excellent first half and I couldn't see their goals clearly or our penalty as they were all down the other end. Our tactic was to lump the ball down the middle to Gray who was usually beaten by their two CH's. Basey was weak and Bouzy just didn't go down the line but always came in field like Thomas!
    Our midfield was overrun,Gray was poor and Varney ran and ran but no effect except the penalty. Ambrose didn't look fit when he came onbut did provide some good free kicks.

Overall a poor performance - just like last season
  • Thanks LL how was bailey? and Shelv's
  • Bailey tried but was overrun. Shelvey seemed like a 16 year old playing against seasoned professionals. Richard Chaplow ran the show and Shelvey would hope that he ends up playing like him as well as looking like him.

We did indeed lump the ball up. Not sure why or whatfor but we did.

It's a long old season already ....
  • edited August 2008
    This is supposed to be a moan thread after all before anyone wishes to have a go at me. Okay then let me moan - the board came out with rubbish about pulling out all the stops to try and get us promoted pre-season - attempting to bribe fans with a free season ticket if we go up. For me it was cheap fares by coach companies and free local bus travel to get to the ground from where I live that made getting a season ticket possible. Right now I have much more confidence in Mike Guglielmucci being honest about things than the Charlton board.
  • Look who's crawled out! I Do I win a battered copy of the Sheffield Trainspotter's Monthly (June 1967 editon) as a prize?
  • [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Luckily living up here it didn't take long to get home.

Didn't go - I don't particularly enjoy making trans pennine trips by nodding donkey to see nodding donkeys lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy, is the problem with you that you forget to select a category when starting a new thread ?

Its just that apart from those instances, i'm not aware of any others where posts are lost.

I'm not aware that a preview extension is available i'm afraid. What i would say is if you type anything more than a couple of lines, simply highlight and press copy before sending just in case.
  • As for the other one, simply ignore him.

I'm sure responses are exactly what he wants.
  • edited August 2008
    Bart I've done exactly that a couple of times this week...boy it's a real bummer when that happens....can anything be done about it on a permanent basis?
  • ignore who?
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]ignore who?

No idea
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Look who's crawled out! I Do I win a battered copy of the Sheffield Trainspotter's Monthly (June 1967 editon) as a prize?

Come on Inspector - this is supposed to be a "slit your wrists thread". I am letting off steam and therefore just as disapointed as just about everyone else here about todays result. More seriously - I am thinking of bringing my laptop to the valley (is this allowed?) which hopefully will give me an opportunity to post more positive things on here should we win.
  • why slit ur wrists ? its going to be like this all season ----------------------------------------its CHARLTON FFS
  • agreed GH im more chilled after a loss than i have been for years,lower expectations.Re the other thread GH if you are going to the AGM can you find out for me re wages and fees.
  • This is lke watching charlton in the 70's expectations raised by a performance only to be dashed by the next one, brining it on its real fun
  • I'm feeling completely indifferent as well.

There has been no wife beating, crying into my pillow. Even when they scored i didn't swear, and that never happens.

Winning doesn't seem to be my be all and end all at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• agreed barts I dont care as much which is a shame I will go to the home games pick my away games but I aint going to get the hump.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]There is absolutely no way to recover the post unless I copy & paste every time before I send.

Try pressing the back button in your browser. Depends on browser though. Otherwise, check now, you'll see a Preview. I used to have it on, mainly so that people could consider their posts, particularly spelling, but no one seemed to notice. I'll renable it just for you Oggy.
  • Yeah strange one for me today also. Was buzzing when we went 1 up but then when they turned it around I didn't want to destroy anything or kill anyone! Not sure why that is but exactly as NSS says I'll go to the home games and I'll pick and chose the away ones.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]when we went 1 up but then when they turned it around I didn't want to destroy anything or kill anyone! Not sure why that is .[/quote]

Isn't it funny how you consider that a 'normal' response. lol.
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]There is absolutely no way to recover the post unless I copy & paste every time before I send.

Try pressing the back button in your browser. Depends on browser though. Otherwise, check now, you'll see a Preview. I used to have it on, mainly so that people could consider their posts, particularly spelling, but no one seemed to notice. I'll renable it just for you Oggy.

Oggy, try Opera as a browser. I quite like it (although unlike Firefox the spellchecker doesn't seem to work). I find that it usually stores posts and you can retrieve them. I use it for browsing this forum and use Firefox and IE for general browsing.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Just wrote what I considered to be a hopefully amusing & lighthearted post to set the ball rolling, then ......

[b]AAAAAAGGGHHHH![/b].....[b].I forgot to select category and I lost my poxy post.[/b]

There is absolutely no way to recover the post unless I copy & paste every time before I send.

[b]Please nice Mr LoOkie, please can we have a preview box before we send[/b], like every other forum on the planet. Please?[/quote]

A couple of times I've started posts in the wrong category - simply post and then on edit go back and select the right category.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]This is lke watching charlton in the 70's expectations raised by a performance only to be dashed by the next one, brining it on its real fun[/quote]

Had the same thoughts yesterday as I sat down to watch the Sweeney, whilst listening to Roy Woods Wizzard. Win at home, soft touch away. Particularly oop North.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm feeling completely indifferent as well.

There has been no wife beating, crying into my pillow. Even when they scored i didn't swear, and that never happens.

Winning doesn't seem to be my be all and end all at the moment.

agreed.

this season my expectations consist of being top half, chasing a play off place as long as possible, a few cracking days out, giving them lot a good shoeing twice and seeing some good young footballers play proper football, that's your lot.

if i had have done a 9 hour return trip for £65 up to Preston I might have been more than a bit miffed, the fact I read it off my phone in Greenwich has lessened the blow, I'd feel a bit of a fraud slitting my wrists if I wasn't there!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Please nice Mr LoOkie, please can we have a preview box before we send, like every other forum on the planet. Please?

Lookie strikes quicker than the RMT - Preview facility now available!!
  • I went yesterday, cost me £100 for just ticket and travel alone. Would of got more value sticking the cash on a bonfire!

Thoroughly miserable day all round, poor turnout, no atmosphere. Preston deserved the win, as said before only a couple of names stick out just for a satisfactory performance. Its difficult to criticize Varney as he works so hard but he very rarely produces any end result. Andy Gray doesn't really do anything, I understand we need that sort of big frontman up there so give Fleetwood a go alongside Dickson, I don't care that they arnt perceived as 'ready', they will be hungry and certainly dont have too much to improve from the current front line. Shelvey certainly isnt ready though.

Like last season we have no consistency, that wasn't the same team that played Reading last week.