Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Life Hacks

What are your best ones?

Comments

• If playing music on your phone and not got a speaker system to connect to, put phone in an empty pint glass to amplify the sound.
  • Peeling hard boiled eggs. Put the egg in a glass of cold water and with your hand over the top of the glass shake for ten or so seconds and shell will come off easily.
  • Had a laugh with one yesterday - restoring black trim on my car - peanut butter.

Seemed to work too :smiley:
  • WSA said:

Had a laugh with one yesterday - restoring black trim on my car - peanut butter.

Smooth or crunchy?

• Dave, you writing the advice column for lorry drivers magazine?

• Dave, you writing the advice column for lorry drivers magazine?

More of a first draft of my memoirs
  • WSA said:

Had a laugh with one yesterday - restoring black trim on my car - peanut butter.

Smooth or crunchy?
    Guess :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Just bicarbonate of soda. that and white vinegar cleans pretty much anything

beyond that, always have cable ties to hand. not much they can't fix.

A serious one and a beaut of a money saver. Cotton balls treated with WD40 are a trillion times better to light any sort of fire with than anything else

apart from petrol, that's good
  • Doritos make excellent kindling for a fire too.
  • MrOneLung said:

Doritos make excellent kindling for a fire too.

Prawn crackers left over from Saturday night's Chinese are brilliant fire starters as well. Just crush them in the palm of your hands onto wood/coal and ignite!
  • edited September 2017
    A flesh coloured v-neck vest is invisible but stops you sweating through your work shirt.
  • Wetwipes instead of toilet paper

I hope you bin them rather than flush them as they are one of the main reasons swears block up
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2017

I'd add allegedly to that post stig :-)
  • edited September 2017

I'd add allegedly to that post stig :-)

Good call Santa!

I hope you bin them rather than flush them as they are one of the main reasons swears block up
    Even the flushable ones? I use a damn lot of them
  • Deburr your razor after shaving by rubbing the blunt side of it down your forearm ten times. Makes even a crappy disposable blade last 3 months. With better blades, they go on indefinitely.
  • MrOneLung said:

Doritos make excellent kindling for a fire too.

Prawn crackers left over from Saturday night's Chinese are brilliant fire starters as well. Just crush them in the palm of your hands onto wood/coal and ignite!
    And toilet roll tubes stuffed with lint from the tumble dryer.
  • Wank with your other hand ,feels like it's not you

Or just get some one else to do it

I thought it was being in polite society?
  • Carter said:

Just bicarbonate of soda. that and white vinegar cleans pretty much anything

beyond that, always have cable ties to hand. not much they can't fix.

A serious one and a beaut of a money saver. Cotton balls treated with WD40 are a trillion times better to light any sort of fire with than anything else

apart from petrol, that's good

The stainless steel cooker hood we have is a magnet for grease , realised the other week that a quick spray of WD40 is fantastic to clean it.