Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Did Fosu dive?

Anyone close on that side have a good view?

Why was their player not booked for diving as well?

Comments

• Anyone close on that side have a good view?

Why was their player not booked for diving as well?

I was around the half way line in the west and it didn’t look like it to me. Even more of a joke that he was booked.
  • Of course he didn't, we all know it's only foreign players who dive.
  • Looked like a pen to me. I definitely saw contact.
  • From where I sit which is towards the south end of the upper West there was no contact.
    No idea why he dived when he had a clear shot from 10 yards but think the linesman got it right.
    No complaint from Fosu who acted like he had been found it.
  • I was in the last row of the West Upper around the half way line and couldn't see any contact. Maybe he stumbled, but I think that might be being charitable. Happy to be proved wrong if the footage shows otherwise.
  • I was in lower west , block G, which is just outside of penalty area. Thought straight away it was a dive, if there was any contact it was minimal. People around me thought the same.
  • Was it the same ref?
  • Was it the same ref?

Same referee as what?
  • Sponsored links:

• I was in Covered End Upper so a long way from the incident.

There was definite contact. I can only think the referee considered that contact to be instigated by Tarique rather than the defender.

Looked a harsh booking to me and as others have said why not the same treatment for the Doncaster player?
  • Was it the same ref?

Yes, both in the first half.

I think Josh gave the ref his opinion of the two decisions in the first second of the second half.
  • I think there was contact. I also think Fosu chose to go down the moment he felt contact, and he didn't do a great job of making it look convincing.

Tough one.
  • cafctom said:

I think there was contact. I also think Fosu chose to go down the moment he felt contact, and he didn't do a great job of making it look convincing.

Tough one.

Doesn't sound too tough, if that's what happened, he dived.
  • From where I sit in West Lower, it didn't look like any contact to me.
  • I was in Rye having afternoon tea. I really couldn't tell from where I was.

Well I was at work in Kent following the game via the match thread and it was a definite pen.

In all seriousness if he did dive it is an odd decision after staying on his feet against Fleetwood.
  • When was the last time we got a penalty?
  • When was the last time we got a penalty?

Chesterfield last season (JFC missed)
  • Sponsored links:

• He thinks @i_b_b_o_r_g is a better mod than @cappers
    Simple common sense
  • I sit in the upper west and thought it was a penalty.

Two weeks ago at Fleetwood he could have gone down but stayed on his feet to complete his hat trick.

The old cliche 'he's not that sort of player'.
  • That article, though, does the Ref a disservice. The incident where a free-kick was give for Josh coming back from an offside position, WAS taken from the correct place. The rule changes mean that they've cleared up the confusion about whether a free-kick for offside should take place where the player was offside or where he committed an "offence" by becoming "active". The rule is now interpreted as the free-kick being taken from the place where the offending player became involved in active play.
  • Fosu has taken a dive in many games this season (Fleetwood apart).
  • From where I was in the North Upper it seemed a nailed on penalty.

It's quite surprising we've not had a penalty yet this season, we really do seem to hit barron spells of not getting penalties or we get spells of getting them in consecutive games.
  • From where I was in the North Upper it seemed a nailed on penalty.

It's quite surprising we've not had a penalty yet this season, we really do seem to hit barron spells of not getting penalties or we get spells of getting them in consecutive games.

Nailed on we get a penalty at Oxford now you have posted this :)
  • The video isn't really conclusive, but I'm inclined to think the officials got it right.

https://youtu.be/CJTKmBmZU8o
  • iaitch said:

I sit in the upper west and thought it was a penalty.

Two weeks ago at Fleetwood he could have gone down but stayed on his feet to complete his hat trick.

The old cliche 'he's not that sort of player'.

He likely didn't go down against Fleetwood simply because he was on a hat trick by staying on his feet. As someone else has said, he has gone down easily quite a few times this season.
  • I thought he should have got a penalty away to Plymouth (2nd half). I've not seen the incident again but in real time (I was behind the goal & had a good view) I thought we was robbed. He wasn't booked so no idea why we didn't get a pen.

I do remember the Selhurst years - I think our record was just 1 a season for a at least 3 seasons when we were there.