Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Items salvaged from the Valley

We have a few in the museum such as this floodlight.

What does anyone else have?

Comments

• Thanks to @Cardinal Sin BTW for the donation
  • I have Roland in the cellar!

I hope he's not being too noisey.
  • We have a few in the museum such as this floodlight.

What does anyone else have?

Think the club might need that to replace some of the blown bulbs.
  • Not sure if still.got it but I know someone who had a old seat from the ground, will find out if they still have it .

Maybe @stackitsteve will no
  • I heard that the ball from Nicky bailey's penalty was found on the Woolwich Ferry the next morning.
  • Somewhere I have a clothes hook from the old home dressing room.
  • One of the old gate swords and I did have a speaker from the PA system that came off a floodlight. I also used to have a square of turf that my dad planted in his garden.
  • I have Roland in the cellar!

Are you teaching him to play chess?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2017

One of the old gate swords and I did have a speaker from the PA system that came off a floodlight. I also used to have a square of turf that my dad planted in his garden.

Fancy grassing your Dad up Dave :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

One of the old gate swords and I did have a speaker from the PA system that came off a floodlight. I also used to have a square of turf that my dad planted in his garden.

Fancy grassing your Dad up Dave :wink:
    he couldn't do it when he was younger, he would have got turfed out
  • One of the old gate swords and I did have a speaker from the PA system that came off a floodlight. I also used to have a square of turf that my dad planted in his garden.

TANNOY

TANNOY

Tannoy is a trademark like Hoover.

Not many people know that.

TANNOY

Yep but i remember as a kid seeing those Tannoy speakers.
  • I have a square floodlight taken from the Jimmy Seed / West Stand pylon. A silver dish commemorating I believe it is 2500 league goals (need to check that though!). I bought this from someone who said it had come from the offices. Also have a ground regulations board liberated at the Stoke game. A large badge (approx 3 - 4 feet in diameter) which came off of the Covered End when it was redeveloped. Will put photos up when I get the chance.
  • edited October 2017

TANNOY

My uncle Frank was their cheif instillation engineer back in the 50’s & 60’s.
    Did The Albert Hall....Festival Hall and several Cunard liners.
    He was a bit of a pioneering boffin in sound engineering back in the day.
    Lived in Penge for his sins. I think Tannoy were somewhere over that way at the time.
  • I've got 1 and a 0 half time scoreboard numbers if the museum wants them.
  • Acab said:

I've got 1 and a 0 half time scoreboard numbers if the museum wants them.

Yes, please @Acab
  • Sponsored links:

• Loving the use of the word 'salvaged.'

Liberated

Rescued

Salvaged

• edited October 2017
    I had a big ‘Block D’ sign from the old covered end. I say had.... my eldest son secided ton saw it in half to make a bike ramp when I was at work one day.

I often used to bunk off school with friends, get on our bikes, ride down and get in to the ground post 85. We would have a kick about amongst the weeds / over grown pitch. I’d always come back with “salvaged” items.
  • I dropped a 50 pence piece somewhere on the East Terrace in 1978 if anyone has found salvaged it?
  • edited October 2017
    I have a pair of Y fronts that are truly soiled after it all kicked off in the away end at the den during the 70's. Theyve never been washed and I think the previous evening's ruby is on show. I'm not sure whether to frame and display as a Turner art exhibition or now the Charlton Museum. I guess it's down to the highest bidder. What do you think...?

NB: White Y fronts.

• I dropped a 50 pence piece somewhere on the East Terrace in 1978 if anyone has found salvaged it?

@ElfsborgAddick would have been the beneficiary on this.
  • A pair of broken Glasses from a wayward Izale Mcleod attempt on goal. I was sitting in the East Stand at the time.

How many rows from the back were you?
  • C_A_F_C said:

I have Roland in the cellar!

I hope he's not being too noisey.
    No he isn’t but as he’s below me, I’ve bought myself a rowing machine.
  • edited October 2017

I have Roland in the cellar!

Are you teaching him to play chess?

I should teach him how to concede and bow out gracefully, just like I does when I play chess @Johnnysummers5
  • edited October 2017

A pair of broken Glasses from a wayward Izale Mcleod attempt on goal. I was sitting in the East Stand at the time.

How many rows from the back were you?

Back Row.