Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pitchside Announcer

For my sins, I am in the last row of the West Upper. I cannot for the life of me decipher one word the pitchside announcer is saying. I haven’t been to a game for a while but is it the same wherever your seat is?

Comments

• For my sins, I am in the last row of the West Upper. I cannot for the life of me decipher one word the pitchside announcer is saying. I haven’t been to a game for a while but is it the same wherever your seat is?

Nope quite clear from front of the East Stand

Was really loud at the start of the season though
  • edited October 2017
    From my experience over the years having moved around the ground a bit its utterly random what you can hear. From my seat in upper west it’s tolerable (ie I can just about hear what I need to and ignore the rest). In the east it was bloody deafening.

This fellah tries hard but i preferred @BDL
  • redman said:

For my sins, I am in the last row of the West Upper. I cannot for the life of me decipher one word the pitchside announcer is saying. I haven’t been to a game for a while but is it the same wherever your seat is?

Is this a complaint? I switch off as it's 90% drivel.
    Not a complaint
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

No disrespect to him but I can’t stand him, he gets things wrong when they’re right in front of him, his voice gives me a headache and he seems to try too hard to be enthusiastic and it’s just annoying.

Hopefully this takeover goes through soon and we can have @BDL back, so long as he’d want to.

Agreed. I felt the same when we had him before.
  • Sage said:

No disrespect to him but I can’t stand him, he gets things wrong when they’re right in front of him, his voice gives me a headache and he seems to try too hard to be enthusiastic and it’s just annoying.

Hopefully this takeover goes through soon and we can have @BDL back, so long as he’d want to.

In fairness it did say Saturday 5 th November on the big screen for the Truro game and he corrected that
  • edited October 2017
    Lol. From the various comedic responses I can confirm the very reason I love this site. Amazing people with amazing humour.

Apart from Colin or Piggy from shef.

(Had a few)
  • Sounds like a notorious criminal.

The Pitchside Annoncer strikes again!
  • Turncoat.
  • Annoncer!!

First day in prison, just booked in. Walking to the cell.

“You fucking annoncer, I’m gonna fuck you up”
    “Annoncer prick”
    “Oi, stop annoncing about you fucking annonce”
  • you're in the last row etc. ... you haven't been to a game for a while ? .. which one is it? .. I was in the west today, near the front, the announcer was quite decipherable
  • When he announces Holmes as a scorer, it sounds like he's saying Ricky "Ricky" Holmes. Presumably one of them is Tricky? Also, why announce the score at the end?
  • Sponsored links:

• Replace the stooge.
  • Brian Cole (the announcer) posts on here (or did) #justsaying.
  • He's pig awful, but we have bigger fish to fry
  • Seriously, just going to leave the thread title as it is?
  • From my seat in the West Upper I have to agree, I can't make out a word he's saying.
    The people around me were in agreement.
    But at least it isn't earsplittingly loud anymore
  • I’m in the west lower and I can hear it. Is it the sound system in the upper west maybe

Also please bear in mind Brian Cole posts on here so please can we refrain from any personals etc
  • Sage said:

Always love it when someone says 'no disrespect', before totally demolishing somebody! :smile: