Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options

Laddick01 said:

This is what happens when you have one class player . When Ricky isnt firing we are a top 6 side , not a top 2.

Stupid statement. Fosu, Clarke and Reeves all missing today, all have game changing potential. We've played well and been undone by two fantastic strikes, not out classed.
    Weve not even wasted chances... Gilks is a damned good 'keeper and surprised he's at this level - Magennis couldnt have done much more
    Look you've been warned, yellow card next!
  • Options
    71' Wallace overlaps Morris on the left and sends his cross goalwards, with Amos only just keeping the ball in front of the goal line as momentum took him backwards. #UTI (2-0)
  • Options
    72' Corner to the Iron, won by Morris on the left as he sidestepped his man before seeing a cross blocked. #UTI (2-0)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Donny 2-1 MKD
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

This is what happens when you have one class player . When Ricky isnt firing we are a top 6 side , not a top 2.

Stupid statement. Fosu, Clarke and Reeves all missing today, all have game changing potential. We've played well and been undone by two fantastic strikes, not out classed.
    Weve not even wasted chances... Gilks is a damned good 'keeper and surprised he's at this level - Magennis couldnt have done much more
    Marshall should definitely be putting his chance away , but oh well , I didnt expect anything today anyway
  • Options

Thanks Roland! 2-0 down to Scunthorpe in the 3rd division...

They’ve scored 2 wonder goals. Just looks silly blaming Roland for absolutely everything.
    Thuram-Ulien would have saved them. Should never have let him go.
  • Options
    74' KAG wins a corner... #cafc
  • Options
    75' ...Scunthorpe get it rid. #cafc
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

Marshall should definitely be putting his chance away , but oh well , I didnt expect anything today anyway
    Definitely should have controlled the ball better... His heavy touch is what give Gilks the time to get out
  • Options
    75' Another Charlton corner... #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    75' ...cleared again. #cafc
  • Options
    ATTENDANCE: 4,307

Thank you for your support Iron fans. #UTI
  • Options
    76' Scunthorpe sub | Adelakun is replaced by former Addick Andrew Crofts. #cafc
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

Definitely should have controlled the ball better... His heavy touch is what give Gilks the time to get out
    That's what were missing though , we put ourselves in the situation to score and seemingly mess it up each time.
  • Options
    78' Marshall gets a dangerous cross into the box, but Scunthorpe have all but one man back to defend it. #cafc
  • Options
    79' Three successive clearances from McArdle as Charlton put in some dangerous crosses. Bishop clears the fourth before Charlton are caught offside. #UTI (2-0)
  • Options
    Only hope now is to get free kicks & penalties.
  • Options
    Scunny have parked the bus can't blame them.
  • Options

Only hope now is to get free kicks & penalties.

And own goals...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    81' Sublime from Hopper as he brings the ball down on the left, cuts inside and squares, but Charlton do just about enough to intercept. #UTI (2-0)
  • Options
    Watching the stream. Can't see any way back into this.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Scunthorpe defending their area really well; seem happy to sit back and hit us on the break if they can now
  • Options

Scunny have parked the bus can't blame them.

Same as Plymouth & Gillingham did.

When we go behind away from home you may as well pack up & go home. Can't get behind then & we have no-one any good at converting crosses (assuming the crosses are any good that is)
  • Options
    Is this the worst selection of strikers we’ve had in or history ?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Put your waders on and edge out slowly.
  • Options
    14 points away from the drop zone, with two games in hand...... looking good.
  • Options
    Consider, if you will, the option I had today, following this thread (I am very grateful for the updates, I just wish they could be better tidings) or watching the Leader's speech at the DUP conference....

I do, sometimes, wonder what it is I did in a previous existence.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!