Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Injuries

Yeah its another thread about injuries

Saw on twitter at KR presser he joked about Bowyer being on the bench saturday.

He is a list of current injuries

If all were for all 8 would be in matchday squad.

Who is next player to drop out injured

Comments

• I am going with Solly
  • Yeah its another thread >

• Worst case is... Bowyer could probably finish any chances and cross the better than some of late!!
  • Worst case is... Bowyer could probably finish any chances and cross the better than ALL of late!!

• Am taking all of that link with a pinch of salt... Tariqe Fosu should have returned a few weeks ago going by previous interviews with Robinson but seemingly keeps getting pushed back
  • edited December 2017
    When you have a small squad you put people in when they need a rest or are not fully recovered and then you get more injuries. At least an increased risk of injuries, sometimes you are lucky. That doesn't explain every injury, but overall you get more injuries.

It is good that Fosu is being held back - if that is what is happening. He is our best chance of success this season as it stands and we need him 100% right.
  • Listening to Luis Mend's interview after the game JR said that Bauer could be back for Wigan & that both JFC and Fosu are around 2-3 weeks away, but then they would probably need some nursing back & game time in the reserves first. I'm looking towards the latter part of January before I see them back - a month where we have 6 league games.
  • We also have a transfer window and that provides and opportunity - I am seriously not expecting us to take it, but a couple of good signings could get us through to take advantage of the good players returning.
  • Am taking all of that link with a pinch of salt... Tariqe Fosu should have returned a few weeks ago going by previous interviews with Robinson but seemingly keeps getting pushed back
    I think we should always take statements on injuries with a grain of salt. Robinson has at times been coy with players being out (or not being out). But in general, recovery from muscle injuries can be hard to gauge. You're weighing how long it takes someone to heal (which is different person to person), and then how they react to the recovery regiment.

Even if it's 3-4 weeks for Fosu and Forster-Caskey, that would be much better than the potentially out for the season thing that was floated yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    What, all of them? :wink:
  • Players unavailable for selection tonightdue to injury:

Ricky Holmes
    Billy Clarke
    Lewis Page
    Tariqe Fosu
    Jake Forster-Caskey
    Chris Solly
    Jason Pearce
    Patrick Bauer
    Leon Best
    Mark Marshall

Also unable to fill the bench due to injury:
    Louis Yamfam
    Kenneth Yao
    Taylor Maloney
    Mikhail Kennedy
    Archie Edwards
    Regan Charles-Cook

Did the team travel up last night by coach or mini-van?
  • Only RCC is anywhere the bench of the others crocked. But you can add Umerah.
  • Naby Sarr missed Charlton’s win over Oldham after injuring his hamstring in the warm-up.

The Addicks defender has impressed since returning from a loan spell in France last summer.

He joins Jason Pearce, Chris Solly, Jake Forster-Caskey, Tariqe Fosu and Billy Clarke on the sidelines.

Robinson told News Shopper: “He [Sarr] had a fitness test today on his hamstring. It’s not massively bad - it’s only a grade one.
  • ross1 said:

Naby Sarr missed Charlton’s win over Oldham after injuring his hamstring in the warm-up.

The Addicks defender has impressed since returning from a loan spell in France last summer.

He joins Jason Pearce, Chris Solly, Jake Forster-Caskey, Tariqe Fosu and Billy Clarke on the sidelines.

Robinson told News Shopper: “He [Sarr] had a fitness test today on his hamstring. It’s not massively bad - it’s only a grade one.

Ok that explains a lot. Had no idea why Lennon was picked ahead of him.

Hopefully it's minor and a few days' rest will put things right.
  • I like Sarr but thought Bauer & Lennon worked well together.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Sarr but thought Bauer & Lennon worked well together.

Lennon wasn't great in the highlights... but obviously the highlights are 10 out of 90 minutes.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I like Sarr but thought Bauer & Lennon worked well together.

Lennon wasn't great in the highlights... but obviously the highlights are 10 out of 90 minutes.
    Unless the highlights are on sky.
    Then it's 10 seconds
  • Was Sarr actually on the bench, as he was named as one of the 7 subs, which is odd if he was injured?
  • Was Sarr actually on the bench, as he was named as one of the 7 subs, which is odd if he was injured?

He was named amongst the subs. Probably another ploy by KR to get more signings. He's tried the "I'll only pick 6 subs" one & now its "I'll pick the injured one too" just to make the point.

He was named amongst the subs. Probably another ploy by KR to get more signings. He's tried the "I'll only pick 6 subs" one & now its "I'll pick the injured one too" just to make the point.
    Yes, didn't someone say he was sitting in the crowd and arrived at the ground quite late?
  • Dazzler21 said:

I was at the game and don't remember him winning a header.
  • Sarr was injured in the warm up
  • Dazzler21 said:

I was at the game and don't remember him winning a header.
    He won one at the near post from either a cross or a corner that was a vital interception. But he lost a lot of his aerial duels.

But I don't think he's anywhere near good enough. He looks poor in the air, he's not good with the ball at his feet, and he's easily out-muscled.

If we can keep hold of Konsa and Pearce is back and full fit by the end of the month I'd send him out on loan. I didn't rate him before this stretch of games and I've not seen anything to change my mind about that. But to be fair to him he's been out for nearly two years now.
  • edited January 2018
    ross1 said:

If Reeves is not match fit after playing last season and only missing pre-season training, why should anyone expect Lennon to be match fit after being out for all that time and being pushed straight into the first team?

Reeves injured himself rushing to get his fitness back I believe. Also he didn't just miss pre-season, he *apparently* stopped all exercise. He wasn't even trying to maintain a fitness level.