Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Weirdest Charlton moment ever?

Perhaps away to Sunderland Feb 2003?
3 own goals in 7 minutes.

https://youtu.be/_0V9zUfbMSM

Comments

• edited December 2017
    That was a weird one. Remember watching soccer special and dancing around the living room singing.." We're all going on a European tour" as the own goals were flying in lol
  • That stupid red sofa that KM brought in and showed off on Sky Sports.
  • edited December 2017
    E-cafc said:

That was a weird one. Remember watching soccer special and dancing around the living room singing.." We're all going on a European tour" as the own goals were flying in lol

I remember listening to the game on the radio. And straight after the game, the news broke out about the Columbia space shuttle disaster.
  • The floodlights going out because of a betting sting.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think plastic pigs on the pitch is up there :smile:
  • The fella in the Mankini!
  • Danepak said:

Perhaps away to Sunderland Feb 2003?
    3 own goals in 7 minutes.

https://youtu.be/_0V9zUfbMSM

I was at that game..Smirking after the first one..Laughing my bollocks off after the second..by the third I was on the floor having difficulty breathing I was laughing so hard.

Michael Proctor 2og's
  • Remember the FA Cup tie away against Colchester at Layer Road back in the early 80's when they scored a very late own goal and as we were celebrating in the stand on the side some of it collapsed.
  • E-cafc said:

Remember the FA Cup tie away against Colchester at Layer Road back in the early 80's when they scored a very late own goal and as we were celebrating in the stand on the side some of it collapsed.

Ah, the wooden slat terracing collapsing, I remember it well.
  • Charlton strikers scoring own goals in consecutive games.
  • Ditto DA9, that was something else!
  • That game that got called off due to the rain, and the opposition came out with forks
  • Karel Fraeye as head coach.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Charlton strikers scoring own goals in consecutive games.

• Sponsored links:

• Uniquest Charlton Moment Ever

{...}
  • edited December 2017
    To be honest, we've had quite a few in the last 2 years. But it's gotta be Roland's statement on the OS.

If only for the real time discussion on here as people were debating whether things were hacked, or whether he was just drunk. That was... odd.

I think that statement - as well as the "social media contract" - did wonders for our plight, as it focused a spotlight on just how ridiculous the Belgian regime is, and just how difficult a situation we've found ourselves in.
  • edited December 2017
    Both before my time but the Flanagan and Hales punch up, and signing Alan Simonsen, a recent European footballer of the year, from Barcelona, when we were in the second division, both have to be up there.
  • The beach away at Chelsea.
  • Carl Leaburn, Kevin Lisbie and Deon Burton have all scored hat tricks for Charlton, Darren Bent has not.

And Marvin Sordell and Yaya Sanogo
  • Being drawn twice in the same round for the Carabao cup. And being drawn at home when it should have been away.
  • A game probably 15 years ago when Steve Brown got sent off against Leicester. Think he broke his ankle in the process of stopping a pass going over his head by using his hand. Cue a red card as he was stretchered off, which prompted fans from all sides of the ground to chuck what I believe were merchandise catalogues all over the pitch.

I know we've seen a lot of stuff thrown on the pitch since then, but that whole incident was surreal at the time. I'm pretty certain Ian Walker, who was in goal for Leicester at the time, took a few admiring looks inside the brochure!

It was reported in at least one paper as we'd thrown programmes on the pitch. Typical lazy journalism.