Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy New Year

Happy new year everybody. 2018 will be a year in which Charlton will be born again . I’m certain . We celebrate NY early out here in NZ.. bit drunk actually . To be fair it’s 1am 1 Jan here. ... so. Anyway chin up everyone. Charlton will prevail.

Comments

• That is an early New Year's party. We're still in the midst of the "Katrien's Official Last Day as an employee of Charlton Athletic" celebrations!
  • What's the world like in 2018 Kiwi ?
  • Happy New Year!
  • Happy New Year everyone. It can't get any worse.
  • Happy new year to all lifers and their loved ones, surely next year will be better both on and off pitch.
  • Happy new year and best wishes to Karl Robinson and Johney Jackson
    And all at the Valley
    Top six by February you see!!

Best wishes
    Martin Daly.
  • Happy new year to one and all on here. Looking forward to a great 2018, sadly my carer will be joining the ranks of the unemployed, but **** happens. Thank to all on here for getting me through a bad time. Here's to a New year.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Let us hope it will truly be a Happy New Year for all of us, not only for our club but in our family lives. I enjoy doing the updates on match day, but am willing to move over if anyone can do a proper commentary as Redmidland used to do, which, I for one, miss.

Grateful for what you do @ross1 but like you mate I miss what @Redmidland @seth plum @PaddyP17 and @JiMMy 85 used to do badly (though I understand the reasons why)
  • Happy New Year to all, and thanks from this side of the fence now reading match threads whilst I'm on my travels. I was hoping to be able to do the odd match thread this season but alas its not been possible, however I hope to be back in the 18/19 season as my work travelling will be far less than now and I should only miss doing the occasional one, but for now my thanks to @ross1 and others for their updates. Once the club has been sold I might even try to get down to the Valley when I'm in the country, but for now I getting ready to fly off to China...again!!!
  • Happy New Year, dear friends !

I've been very fortunate to meet more Lifers in the last 12 months, mainly due to CARD & WAR activities & that has enriched what was a year to forget in many ways.

We are indeed a family - just stating that fact gives me a warm glow ( NO tingle in sight !)

I wish you All everything you wish for yourselves in 2018 and renewed heath & happiness too for our beloved football club.

Absolutely spot on Fanny.

The only good thing, for me, that's come out of the last couple of years since C.A.R.D. and the protests started are the number of quite extraordinarily lovely, decent people I've met and got to know a little.

Happy New Year one and all!
  • Once again I am reminded on a daily basis why this site is such a great place to spend my time. Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous 2018
  • Happy New Year to all Lifers and their loved ones.

Agree with what Fanny and others have said. Its the friendships made with other protesters/conspirators that has stood out this year.
  • yea hny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy New Year everyone...let’s hope it’s a good one, with plenty to cheer!
  • 2017 has been very good to me. My family have stayed healthy, I have the best friends and family any man could ever wish for and the year was topped off by the news my partner and I are expecting a baby in February.

2018 will be life changing, but I can't bloody wait! Happy new year everyone. Live, love & be happy

As you say, 2018 will be life changing, and also nappy changing.
    All the best and good luck,
    Catfordmorry x
  • Here's wishing you all the very best for 2018. We've shared each others ups and downs and had some laughs as well. One good memory I will always keep from 2017 is the singing of 'When the Red Red Robin' on our march in Sint Truiden.
    Hopefully will be singing it in the Valley in the not too distant future.
  • edited December 2017
    A Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone on
    Charltonlife.
    Thankyou so much for all the information, insights, wit and humour.
    A special mention for my new fwend Davo55, and I look forward to meeting more of you next year.
    Let's hope that 2018 is a new dawn for our wonderful, nutty football club.
  • Happy New Year to all you wonderful people on this forum and your families. We may not all agree with each other on certain topics but we all share the love for OUR fantastic football club. I am sure 2018 is going to be a great year to be a Charlton supporter and the year when we see the back of this poisonous regime. COYA!!
  • Happy new year to everyone back in blighty. :-)
  • Happy new year to everyone back in blighty. :-)

Where are you @Callumcafc ? Holidaying / travelling / settling?