Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time for an all-out boycott of season tickets

With Duchatelet trying to get more money than the club is worth and refusing to back Robinson in the January window, we have to look at what we can do as fans to make a final point with the owner. There is every prospect that Duchatelet will also cash-in on one or two players this month as he also continues to frustrate prospective buyers. If he is still holding the reigns come season ticket renewal time, I would hope that far fewer supporters are willing to cough-up in advance for another year of this dross. I know there are those who don't care about who owns the club but have a bit of respect for yourselves and at least hang-on to your money in the hope of the satisfaction of buying from new owners who might actually care about our club and have some ambition for it.

Comments

• Hopefully by the time next season 's season tickets go on sale scrotum face will be long gone
  • This boycot will be as successful as all the previous boycotts that have been mooted over the past few years.
  • se9addick said:

This boycot will be as successful as all the previous boycotts that have been mooted over the past few years.

No reason not to try it this time. He's taking the piss out of every single one of us. I am not saying 'don't go' just hold onto to your money this Spring if he is still here stinking the place out.
  • Hopefully by the time next season 's season tickets go on sale scrotum face will be long gone

You would hope so but if not?
  • Am hoping he'll be long gone before next season. Though have told friends to shoot me if I say I'm buying another while he's still around!
  • I can't see many who did not buy/renew in the summer eagerly buying a half-season ticket now given the abject form and uncertainty. And if Duchatalet is still there next summer the club will be in such a mess that a boycott won't be necessary ...
  • se9addick said:

This boycot will be as successful as all the previous boycotts that have been mooted over the past few years.

It's good you think they were successful :):smiley:
  • cfgs said:

Some of us have already done so, but I think it is for everyone to make their own personal choice over.

So have I CFGS but if we publicised a boycott it might persuade him not to hang on in the hope of taking season ticket money before he finally throws the towel in

You would hope so but if not?
    If not mate then I'm with you.
    I couldn't stomach another season with that cnut in charge
  • Sponsored links:

• I haven’t been to a match since it was clear that RD wasn’t serious about it. Haven’t been for a season and a half.
  • Many of the remaining season ticket holders are fans that would never boycott and nothing will ever change their opinion.
  • Scoham said:

Many of the remaining season ticket holders are fans that would never boycott and nothing will ever change their opinion.

I don't disagree but in the current environment it's worth a push to convince a couple of thousand to hold on. It's hardly a personal sacrifice is it and I am sure the majority would rather buy from new owners than give Duchatelet another penny he doesn't deserve.
  • edited January 2018

Though there was never a boycott call, I’m still gutted how many renewed for the start of last season.

I understand fully the reasons many did, I’m just convinced that had everyone made a noticeable stand and we started the season in near empty home sections and even more dire revenue streams, we would have got to this current point of him looking to sell about 15 months ago.

My feelings exactly. Not buying a season ticket doesn't mean you have to stop going, just that you haven't paid in advance. If Duchatelet can take another £0.6m in season ticket sales in the Spring before selling he will an he will negotiate the point with any prospective buyers. Signal a serious intention not to renew and he might just decide it's not worth hanging on for. Yes, he's a billionaire and yes, he will sell on his terms, but are you really going to give this bloke another three-figure sum in advance when he doesn't give a shit about Charlton Athletic, You or what dross you suffer next season because he hasn't done for the last three years which is why we are now a League One club and in this parlous state?
  • Agree but got to be a two fold attack.

1) hit him in the pocket
    2) protest in his back yard before the season end, if nothing settled within a given time frame say end of Feb.
  • Though there was never a boycott call, I’m still gutted how many renewed for the start of last season.

I understand fully the reasons many did, I’m just convinced that had everyone made a noticeable stand and we started the season in near empty home sections and even more dire revenue streams, we would have got to this current point of him looking to sell about 15 months ago.

I didn't renew x2 the season before but ended up giving him more money by paying for individual games.
    This season we did renew to save me money and deny some to him.
    Being an older dad my time is precious with my son so if he wants to go so will I.

And I should add, we do everything asked of us by CARD so I don't feel guilty at all.
    Baldy - I get it if it's purely an economic decision based on you attending week-in, week-out but we all know that there are two thousand season tickets holders missing every week. It's obviously not the same two thousand or they would be as thick at Katrien Meire, but assuming it's four thousand of the six picking and choosing, not renewing would work for them. There's every chance we could all renew before the season starts with new owners if there was a hard-line on this and we got behind it in numbers.
  • Agree but got to be a two fold attack.

1) hit him in the pocket
    2) protest in his back yard before the season end, if nothing settled within a given time frame say end of Feb.

I have been before and would go again. Count me in.
  • RD wouldn't give a flying f*** if there were no fans at the ground - We're not dealing with a normal owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• RD wouldn't give a flying f*** if there were no fans at the ground - We're not dealing with a normal owner.

He's definitely not a normal owner but this is just about money for him now. Not even a pretend of ambition or longevity - he's made that pretty clear. Let's convince him there's no point holding out for season ticket renewals because we will wait for ambitious new owners who give a toss.
  • Though there was never a boycott call, I’m still gutted how many renewed for the start of last season.

I didn't renew x2 the season before but ended up giving him more money by paying for individual games.
    Being an older dad my time is precious with my son so if he wants to go so will I.

And I should add, we do everything asked of us by CARD so I don't feel guilty at all.
    Baldy - I get it if it's purely an economic decision based on you attending week-in, week-out but we all know that there are two thousand season tickets holders missing every week. It's obviously not the same two thousand or they would be as thick at Katrien Meire, but assuming it's four thousand of the six picking and choosing, not renewing would work for them. There's every chance we could all renew before the season starts with new owners if there was a hard-line on this and we got behind it in numbers.
    Renewing for next season is on hold as I don't think I could stand much more of the dross we are being served up.

Renewing for next season is on hold as I don't think I could stand much more of the dross we are being served up.
    Hopefully many of those who 'blindly' renew will think similarly, at least until August. It really has been another shit year of football an there is no sign of any improvement.
  • My boycott continues. It saddens me to say I haven’t been since the PC Keith Palmer memorial match last season. No intention of going until Duchatelet slings his hook
  • edited January 2018
    There is enough reason to believe the club will be sold soon.

Rat bag just wants out. Sheffield Wednesday recruiting Meire has also probably sped things up. Roland's ego and his greed is currently at war with reality. When that's over and reality wins, we will have new owners.

We at least won a game yesterday so the slightly worrying enourmous dip in form has at least got some form of slight relief.

Try and be positive.

It's the dawn of something new....I hope.

He's definitely not a normal owner but this is just about money for him now. Not even a pretend of ambition or longevity - he's made that pretty clear. Let's convince him there's no point holding out for season ticket renewals because we will wait for ambitious new owners who give a toss.
    He doesn't care about the money - the losses don't really impact him and he's not interested in the results. An owner who was short of cash would care.

This is about stubbornness and ego. If nobody renewed I sincerely doubt he'd give a toss. He'd rather live with the losses it appears than sell for below his asking price.

A man of his wealth can indulge these losses if he wants to prove a point - I assume eventually he'll get bored.....
  • Dave2l said:

There is enough reason to believe the club will be sold soon.

Rat bag just wants out. Ego and greed is currently at war with reality. When that's over and reality wins, we will have new owners.

We at least won a game yesterday so the slightly worrying enourmous dip in form has at least got some form of slight relief.

Try and be positive.

It's the dawn of something new....I hope.

Yes, at the moment he's no doubt trying to get the best (maybe unrealistic) price he can

Obviously we want him out asap, but in the same situation, if I was selling a club, I'd be holding out for the best price too.

I'm sure he'll be gone before the end of the season, hopefully much earlier, there's no benefit for him owning us now

He doesn't care about the money - the losses don't really impact him and he's not interested in the results. An owner who was short of cash would care.

This is about stubbornness and ego. If nobody renewed I sincerely doubt he'd give a toss. He'd rather live with the losses it appears than sell for below his asking price.

A man of his wealth can indulge these losses if he wants to prove a point - I assume eventually he'll get bored.....
    In which case, he deserves the ignominy of sub-5000 gates and absolute recognition across the game and media of what he's done to our club. Whether he cares about the money or not, why would you give it to him if you don't have to? And, you don't have to!
  • I do not think that he cares one jot about our club,boycotting is a personal choice,but will make not one iota of difference,H e does not attend games and probably does not even check the scores.Any loss can easily be recouped by selling our best players,I regret that he has the upper hand and will do things in his own time.Any criticlsm in the media about the way the club is run will not interest him,as he is seemingly cutting his ties with the football world.
  • Only time will tell whether there will be the need for a call to arms in the form of a season ticket boycott.

IF he is still the owner of our club when season ticket prices are announced and dates for renewal etc published, then I'd be only too happy to collect signatures outside The Valley from those NOT intending to purchase for next season.

This could be done in tandem with leaflets stating the reasons why the petition is required.

When this "canvassing" has been carried out before several home games, the petition could be delivered by hand to RD in his home town .

I believe this would be a worthwhile exercise to bring home to him just how much revenue he would be losing in the 2018-19 season , especially if at the time of its presentation we are definitely going to finish out of the top 6 in L1.