Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What happens if there is no takeover?

RD seems to have completely given up on the club - not really sure if he has any plan for it?

Will he just stubbornly preside over decline and continued losses if nobody meets his inflated asking price?

Comments

• Zabeel mk2 relegation and shattered dreams.
  • Or he could hang on for no apparent reason, like SISU at Coventry.
  • We’re well and truly fooked. See @Dazzler21 above
  • edited January 2018
    The important thing is that Roland is losing money all the time he owns the club. I think the reported price is just unrealistic though - so the positive is that financially it is in his interests to get shot, but the negative is that I fear the bloke is not right in the head!
  • It seems as if he wants the club sold as much as we do, if for different reasons. One party pulling out is more likely to hasten his departure than slow it.
  • Don't give him any more of your hard-earned, he doesn't deserve it. Doesn't care and zero ambition. Hasn't seen us play for over three years. No season tickets 'til he's gone!

The season ticket boycott hasn't really worked - you need to accept that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't give him any more of your hard-earned, he doesn't deserve it. Doesn't care and zero ambition. Hasn't seen us play for over three years. No season tickets 'til he's gone!

How do you work that out?

Which season ticket boycott? There hasn't been one so far.

You what? Season ticket boycott?
    Must have missed that.
  • edited January 2018
    Yes, quite a few have boycotted, but it has been an individual decision not a group one. We have decided not to buy our season tickets, but my son and I still go to a fair number of games. More than I planned to go to - my plan was just to keep my eye in as it were. But I love my club too much to be away too long. Having said that, I admire those who love the club as much or even more who have the strength to stay away. Everybody will have their own positions. I hate giving that mad prick any money, whereas I have always spent money freely at the Valley on any old tat in the past, reasoning that it all helps my club. So I no longer buy a programme or anything from the club shop, although I did buy my son a tracksuit top and home shirt for Christmas, so there aren't any hard and fast rules.
  • Get this bloke back.

• Uboat said:

Don't give him any more of your hard-earned, he doesn't deserve it. Doesn't care and zero ambition. Hasn't seen us play for over three years. No season tickets 'til he's gone!

You what? Season ticket boycott?
    Must have missed that.
    There are some boycotting any expenditure on the club. Including STs.
  • Bottom line he is a very rich business person who loves money.
    The longer he remains the more money he loses.
    He will sell soon I believe.
    Keep believing folks

Fuck off Roland
  • In answer to the question - Then watching a freezing, boring, turgid, walking football for the over 70's win against Oldham, will be like watching Real Madrid in 2 years time....

Just no - doesn't bear thinking about.

I would rather stick a pin in my eye
  • What happens is we end up with the biggest stadium in non leauge history.
  • Sponsored links:

• What happens is we end up with the biggest stadium in non leauge history.

We would be in a position where we would not make any grammatical sense or be able to spell
  • BR3red said:

What happens is we end up with the biggest stadium in non leauge history.

We would be in a position where we would not make any grammatical sense or be able to spell
    ;-)
  • Doesn't bare thinking about
  • We compete in the Checkatrade infinitum
  • Bottom line he is a very rich business person who loves money.
    The longer he remains the more money he loses.
    He will sell soon I believe.
    Keep believing folks

Fuck off Roland

If this was solely about money/logic he'd have sold a long time ago. Everyone keeps assuming his behaviour is going to be rational.

He's a stubborn old got who can't admit that in terms of running football clubs he's been a complete failure. He's more concerned with the loss to his ego than than his financial losses - he's still convinced in his fantasy world that a massive offer is round the corner.

I do believe he'll get bored eventually but what concerns me is what he might do out of spite. None of us understand him - I think that's abundantly clear.
    I've heard the spite argument before. In fact, I'm not entirely certain that I haven't said it myself. Are we really sure that he is actually spiteful though? I don't think he's the clearest thinker in the world, and I think he's hopeless when it comes to emotional intelligence, but I do wonder whether us Charlton fans overplay the possibility of some sinister spitefulness because his decision making goes so awry. I still think he's too in love with the pfennigs to hold off of selling for too long - maybe that's just wishful thinking though.
  • What will happen if there is no Santa Claus?