Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

North Upper Question

There is a bloke sits on the front row of J block, in a small group including a couple of ladies.
Without fail every game at around the 35 min mark he gets up and heads inside, presumably to hit the toilet before the smokers.
For some reason he stands up and turns right, shuffling along the row the long way - causing about 20 people to have to stand up. If he turned left he would only inconvenience about 5.

So my question is - does anyone know the fella and have any idea what the story is? We reckon his missus wont budge, forcing him to go the long way.....

Comments

• Why do people persist in calling it the North Stand ffs?
  • bbob said:

There is a bloke sits on the front row of J block, in a small group including a couple of ladies.
    Without fail every game at around the 35 min mark he gets up and heads inside, presumably to hit the toilet before the smokers.
    For some reason he stands up and turns right, shuffling along the row the long way - causing about 20 people to have to stand up. If he turned left he would only inconvenience about 5.

So my question is - does anyone know the fella and have any idea what the story is? We reckon his missus wont budge, forcing him to go the long way.....

You need flagging. It's the COVERED END!
    pedant
  • Why do people persist in calling it the North Stand ffs?

Especially when at the other end is the south stand.
  • "We are Charlton, super Charlton, COVERED END".
  • Now I am going to refreshing this thread like crazy as well now. I need to know, it is definitely one of life's unexplained quirks.
  • The football must be thrilling at the Valley atm.
  • "We are Charlton, super Charlton, AT A NON LEAGUE GROUND".

Fixed that for you Elfs
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

The football must be thrilling at the Valley atm.

Thinking of running a book on the exact minute of the first shuffle, the thrills are indeed non stop.
  • bbob said:

dizzee said:

The football must be thrilling at the Valley atm.

Thinking of running a book on the exact minute of the first shuffle, the thrills are indeed non stop.
    Thinking of having a shuffle meself
  • It stopped properly being the Covered End when the roof come off and the Upper was built. It exists on in song now.

I want to know why the fella turns right.
  • This is the best thread on here by far. Screw the take over talk.
  • I don't know. Linkedingate is going up a notch.
  • It stopped properly being the Covered End when the roof come off and the Upper was built. It exists on in song now.

I want to know why the fella turns right.

he is Derek Zoolander
  • There are two possible reasons

1) The gravitational force of the earth turning on its axis is somehow making him go in that direction from his seat
    2) He is really stupid
  • bbob said:

You need flagging. It's the COVERED END!
    No, the Covered End is the lower north section. The section above it is the Upper North
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe he knows everyone to his right? And he'd rather disturb 20 friends than 5 strangers?
  • bbob said:

"We are Charlton, super Charlton, AT A NON LEAGUE GROUND".

Fixed that for you Elfs
    This one was good.
  • My season ticket in the good old days was an aisle seat in the upper Covered End. I would'nt budge for early leaver at half or full time.
    After a while they went the other way. Which pleased me and about half of our row.
  • Maybe he’s a relative of J Edgar Hoover
  • E-cafc said:

I can't believe there are 20 people who sit in 1 row in the upper this season.

Sitting in the covered end (that’s the lower north to the uninitiated) I can’t believe there are 20 people in the upper north judging by the lack of noise coming from above us recently. Even the drummer seems to have more or less given up...