Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OXFORD ( EFFING) UNITED

This is how fucking low we have fallen.

What a joke we are.

Comments

• What, that team 2 points below us in the league and have won their last two games?
  • To be fair, Oxford have won a major cup trophy (in 1986) a lot more recently than we have...
  • might be worth editing the title, kids read this site.
  • Who cares, it's a Mickey Mouse trophy.

Shame we didn't get beat earlier
  • We havent just fallen to Oxford's level. We've been mid table L1 rivals with them for years now. They tend to get the better of us most seasons.
  • It’s not just tonight’s result though is it.

The fact we are playing and losing to clubs like Oxford United in shit worthless competitions is a fact of how low this club we support has fallen.
  • Couldn't care less about the JPT
  • 1 win in 10 is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a Mickey Mouse Cup. Who gives a shit???!!!
  • edited January 2018

It’s not just tonight’s result though is it.

The fact we are playing and losing to clubs like Oxford United in shit worthless competitions is a fact of how low this club we support has fallen.

Chill mate, we got beat by Wycombe when we were a prem side.

Yes we're shite at the moment but we know the reasons.
  • Awoke from my flu ridden slumber just in time to follow the penalty fiasco. Oh well, back to sleep.

That’s exactly my point. It’s a Micky Mouse Trophy and were in it and can’t beat a club like Oxford United.

It was our only chance of a day out at Wembley.

You sound shocked
    We have been losing to clubs like Oxford and playing in this useless competition for 2 years now
  • 1 win in 10 is it?

2 in 12 and one of those was against Swansea U21s
  • Oggy Red said:

Who cares, it's a Mickey Mouse trophy.

Fuck that against Chelsea u23s, would rather wait a decade.

• To paraphrase Tony Mowbray:

"We should be beating teams like .... Oxford".

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

You're going to have to, don't worry.

You sound shocked
    We have been losing to clubs like Oxford and playing in this useless competition for 2 years now
    Makes it ok does it?
  • Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

You're going to have to, don't worry.

That's fine mate, I'm 41

First time against Blackburn in 87, 2nd time Sunderland 98, I don't support us for trips to Wembley.

I'd rather wait than go and watch us in a 9000 crowd.
  • I really couldn’t care less. A few weeks ago neither could anyone else but a slim sight at Wembley and everyone is clambering at it.
  • To be fair, Oxford have won a major cup trophy (in 1986) a lot more recently than we have...

I was at that game (3 0 win against QPR)

I’d gone to Hull away the previous day, would love to see my wife’s reaction if I told her I was doing that nowadays.
  • Joyless fucking club.

I was at that game (3 0 win against QPR)

I’d gone to Hull away the previous day, would love to see my wife’s reaction if I told her I was doing that nowadays.
    Got that programme

They had a great side then
  • Croydon said:

It’s not just tonight’s result though is it.

You sound shocked
    Makes it ok does it?
    Not saying it does,
    But the post acts like its a shock,
    As was stated Oxford are 2 points below us its not a massive shock we lost,

We have fallen yes, but its been a long fall and we have no quality players anymore.
    Before the match we were evens to win,
  • When as a Charlton fan I am ready to accept as standard fare the results we are currently getting then I’m done. No disrespect to Oxford United but they shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as us. If it was a one off then fine and good luck to them. We know our decline is steady and continuing and until this owner is gone I really do fear for our future.
  • The cup whilst it would of been nice to get to Wembley, and doesn’t look like we’ll be going anywhere near there end of season, the only plus is I get to tick off Bristol rovers on 7th April, every cloud and that, with other posters it’s the general shit results, never mind injuries the squad at the start of the season everyone was claiming playoffs minimum, now we’re 1 win in 9 in the league!!! my personal opinion is there’s players there that generally don’t care it’s not just Charlton it’s modern players, some is due to management some is due to the decrepit Cnut that owns us. But it’s very easy to just blame Roland for every single thing, give Karl to end of season anything below 8th and give him his papers, if New owners come in we need a Powell type clear out and rebuild.