Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MEMBERS POLL: When will a takeover of Charlton be completed?

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
So what's the current thinking peeps.

With Roland seeking to sell and a number of interested parties apparently on the scene, when do you think Charlton will finally change owners

MEMBERS POLL: When will a takeover of Charlton be completed? 450 votes

Before the end of January window
14% 65 votes
Between February and May end of season
42% 193 votes
Between May end of season and August start of 18/19 season
24% 108 votes
Roland will still own the club come the start of the 18/19 season
18% 84 votes

Comments

• Voted (d) because I believe Roland will still own all or part of The Valley and /or the Training Ground irrespective of anything else that may or may not happen.

• I voted D also.
  • D for me also.
  • edited January 2018
    Voted B- I reckon pressure from us supporters will be significantly racked up in March & April when we mathematically cannot make the play offs.
  • Voted d, I think he will let it run for as long as he can and then sell to someone just as bad as him as some kind of "payback" to us "customers"
  • This is Charlton. D.

• Voted A .... because I've just found my long lost rose-tinted specs.
    And now I'm a born again optimist.

Seriously, no one seems to know, so might as well live in hope.

• I voted B, would prefer A, but doubt that will happen.
  • I voted with my heart and gone with A but have a feeling it will be later than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Voted B. Still think it will happen before the end of the season.
  • Hopeful for a) fear it will be b ) hope it won’t be c) or d)
  • Voted B. Roly will asset strip the playing squad during the January window then bugger off leaving someone else to repair the damage.
  • Being optimistic, I voted (a), as for any buyer it would be such an advantage, and the price might reflect that

If it doesn't happen by the end of January though, I can see it dragging on towards summer as the need to close the deal quickly will have passed
  • edited January 2018
    Oggy Red said:

Voted A .... because I've just found my long lost rose-tinted specs.
    And now I'm a born again optimist.

Seriously, no one seems to know, so might as well live in hope.

I'm always optimistic... I am another A voter
  • B, unless he physically can’t sell the club there’s no reason why he’d still be next season. He wouldn’t admit he was going to sell if he didn’t mean it.
  • C. Same as I've always thought.
  • Voted D, but hope to be proved wrong!
  • Sponsored links:

• B, but I think he might need a nudge in the right direction....
  • E.Katrien makes a return with her new pals from Sheffield and renames us Charlton Wednesday.
  • Mine is confidential . I don’t want to speculate.
  • Voted A. I win a bet if it is.
  • I went for C, mainly because it’s what I’ve felt since August.

Let’s be honest though, the nagging fear in all of us is D. Let’s hope the more people that engage in the process the more Roland will realise his expectations are unrealistic
  • I don't need to tell you what I voted, the results are at the top of the page.
  • Voted A, heart rather than head.
  • E.Katrien makes a return with her new pals from Sheffield and renames us Charlton Wednesday.

She’ll even get that wrong - more likely Charlton Tuesday.

I voted A.