Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deserter South London Book

For those who have enjoyed Deserter over the last few years, finally a book fit for your South London toilet:

https://unbound.com/books/deserter/

Hopefully we'll get enough support to make it happen.

Comments

• Vincenzo said:

For those who have enjoyed Deserter over the last few years, finally a book fit for your South London toilet:

Didn't know deserter had a Charlton connection. I'm a long time reader of your site. Particularly liked your South London tap room trail guide. I shall support.
  • Yeah never knew the author was a CL poster. The old kent road one was cracking.
  • You won't get much support on here, we are all from Kent :smile:

Duck's for cover.
  • I would have preferred South East London.
    `South London is ours' reminds me of someone else.
  • Always read deserter.
    Worlds greatest rail journeys: London Bridge-Charing Cross being a particular favourite.
  • ChiAddick said:

Vincenzo said:

Didn't know deserter had a Charlton connection. I'm a long time reader of your site. Particularly liked your South London tap room trail guide. I shall support.
    Thanks very much ChiAddick. Much appreciated.
  • Yeah never knew the author was a CL poster. The old kent road one was cracking.

Yep. Born in Plumstead. Long term Charlton sufferer.
  • Good luck with your book mate
  • Long time fan of Deserter and will support. Which of the shady characters are you Vincenzo?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    Maybe the one called Vincent lol ffs EDIT oh they have alter-egos haha fine
  • I can vouch for Vincenzo being a Charlton fan. Can be found in the Swan on a match day.
  • Charlton's representative on ITV's Fan Parliament was also called Vincent! A different one though, I think. Shit, how do I even fucking remember that
  • They are certainly two very different Vinces.
  • Leuth said:

Charlton's representative on ITV's Fan Parliament was also called Vincent! A different one though, I think. Shit, how do I even fucking remember that

He was a cool character for a Charlton fan. Polish sounding surname from what I recall.

Was a good show that
  • You've met them both? :D
  • Leuth said:

You've met them both? :D

Yes! Oddly enough...

Anymore Vincents? Actually I think another posts on here?
  • Leuth said:

Charlton's representative on ITV's Fan Parliament was also called Vincent! A different one though, I think. Shit, how do I even fucking remember that

The one you are thinking of comes from Battersea
  • Was one of the Vinces the guy who gave killer a hug on the pitch at the first game back at the Valley?
  • Leuth said:

Currently lording it in Goa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Acab said:

Leuth said:

Currently lording it in Goa.
    Well Goa is one of my favourite places also one of yours.
    So good luck to him
  • Was one of the Vinces the guy who gave killer a hug on the pitch at the first game back at the Valley?

Yes, vince niedzwicki.
  • Close CE, it's Nieszwiec...
  • I too love the Deserter site, BTW, Vincenzo. Sadly not in a position to help with funding, but hopefully will persuade a relative to buy it for me for Christmas when it comes out...
  • Good luck with your book mate

Cheers, AFKA.
    Jints said:

Long time fan of Deserter and will support. Which of the shady characters are you Vincenzo?

I'm Dirty South. Thanks for your support, Jints. Much appreciated.
    Curb_It said:

I can vouch for Vincenzo being a Charlton fan. Can be found in the Swan on a match day.

Curb_It knows everybody!

I too love the Deserter site, BTW, Vincenzo. Sadly not in a position to help with funding, but hopefully will persuade a relative to buy it for me for Christmas when it comes out...

No worries, Algarve. Thanks for the kind words anyway.
  • Riviera said:

Charlton is more East London than South...

I've also met Riviera, though not for a while. I must put that right soon. Last time I was in I'd just missed you.
  • Vincenzo said:

Riviera said:

Charlton is more East London than South...

I've also met Riviera, though not for a while. I must put that right soon. Last time I was in I'd just missed you.
    He got lost in deepest East London (Crayford)
  • Thanks a million to everyone from CL who has pledged support. We're 50% funded now. We're well on our way to getting what will be a very funny book about the places, culture and history of South London that we estimate will feature some 150 South London pubs.

Cheers, all.

• Vincenzo, wrote and appeared in Castrust news 9,( shown outside the Royal Oak) an excellent review of pubs, in and around Charlton, Eltham, etc. 3 pages in fact. Anyone interested can read this on https://issuu.com/castrust/docs/tnt9.
    Think it might be time for another round Vincenzo ?...... purely for research of course.