Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Feminism is the new masculinity...

...if you follow the same ideological thought process as the trans-activists that have ensured a feminist rally at Millwall Football Club has been cancelled due to concerns of violence from trans-activists against feminists.

Apparently a lot of feminists are kicking back against proposed legislation that will make it legal for a man to self identify as a woman.

I know this will see some people lose complete control of their rectal faculties but is it a dangerous slope to be sliding down or do people believe that it's genuinely okay to self identify, expect everyone else to tow the very vague and contentious issue surrounding it all and to then expect to be treated as a female and even compete in the same sporting arena (which had recently happened in the States where a trans man has competed, and won, a wrestling title in the female category)?

Comments

• Ding ding! Round One. BBW has opened up with the 'controversial stance but really it's common sense' gambit. Leuth has swung back with an article:

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/16/what-is-a-terf-and-why-should-you-be-worried/
  • This could get tasty.
  • You're even more disingenuous than I thought if you're claiming not to be expressing a stance in that opening post.

I was responding with a perspective. Adding to the debate, if you will! Nobody's crapped their pants yet, although 'proper shit form' in response to a valid thread contribution is worrying
  • If the trans is more comfortable then let it be. I can not see why it should bother anybody else.
  • I mean you literally titled the thread 'feminism is the new masculinity' in order to expose the daft! couldn't make it up! wtf! logic of these confused shemales who are just men in dresses really and should have grown out of dolls by now
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh look, I've bitten! BBW wins again!
  • Solidgone said:

If the trans is more comfortable then let it be. I can not see why it should bother anybody else.

Would you support anyone self identifying as a woman to be able to compete against women?

Genuine question.
  • That’s a different motivation.
  • Leuth said:

Oh look, I've bitten! BBW wins again!

FFS - Charlton can’t even beat Millwall in an online debate.
  • edited March 2018
    Leuth said:

I mean you literally titled the thread 'feminism is the new masculinity' in order to expose the daft! couldn't make it up! wtf! logic of these confused shemales who are just men in dresses really and should have grown out of dolls by now

You're a proper strange fella, no mistake.

'In order to' - thought police at it's best. What's worse is that this has given you a platform to air all of those dirty thoughts you harbour about what you believe others think.
  • World's most pointless and tedious forum thread.

Two trolls trying to out troll each other and one is a fecking Millwall troll.

Bye
  • World's most pointless and tedious forum thread.

Two trolls trying to out troll each other and one is a fecking Millwall troll.

Bye

I'm sorry you feel that way, @Henry Irving , but I can assure you that I am not trolling and that these events, and the cancellation, happened.

I appreciate that it's a very difficult subject for some to debate and that for others they only have the option of either shutting the debate down or throwing accusations and/or insults at people (not yourself).
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a subject that I’ve given much thought to if I’m honest. But that won’t stop me commenting of course.

Generally, with the exception of intersex conditions, there are two genders that most people can agree on - male and female. A man wearing a dress doesn’t make them a woman in the biological sense - even with surgery. Not aware that uterus and ovarian transplants accompany surgical realignment. So perhaps I can understand women (feminist or not) taking exception to being told what to do as women by someone who was a man last week!

That’s biological - but there is the socio/environmenta/psychological constructs also in play. A man may wish to live their life and consider themselves female if they so wish but they are still biologically male. And vice versa of course. I have no problem with that at all.

• bobmunro said:

Not a subject that I’ve given much thought to if I’m honest. But that won’t stop me commenting of course.

Generally, with the exception of intersex conditions, there are two genders that most people can agree on - male and female. A man wearing a dress doesn’t make them a woman in the biological sense - even with surgery. Not aware that uterus and ovarian transplants accompany surgical realignment. So perhaps I can understand women (feminist or not) taking exception to being told what to do as women by someone who was a man last week!

That’s biological - but there is the socio/environmenta/psychological constructs also in play. A man may wish to live their life and consider themselves female if they so wish but they are still biologically male. And vice versa of course. I have no problem with that at all.

You're not doing yourself any favours in shaking off this potential stalker :wink:

Your, sir, are also a TERF, according to Leuth.
  • Leuth said:

Coming from the guy who's been trolling Charlton into letting him store his own antiques collection on the premises ;)

This was - and I stress - a joke, btw
  • bobmunro said:

Not a subject that I’ve given much thought to if I’m honest. But that won’t stop me commenting of course.

You're not doing yourself any favours in shaking off this potential stalker :wink:

Is a TERF a good or bad thing to be called?

• bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

It has 'Radical Feminist' in it, so make your own mind up
  • Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Coming from the guy who's been trolling Charlton into letting him store his own antiques collection on the premises ;)

This was - and I stress - a joke, btw
    Hilarious.
  • edited March 2018
    Leuth said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

It has 'Radical Feminist' in it, so make your own mind up
    I certainly don’t believe I self identify as one of them. Is it good or bad - if good I might reassess my position!

• And I’ll chip in, if I may. Thank feck for the Match Threads and Takeover articles to cheer us all up.