Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Secret Agent Curbishley

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
The plan is working. We've cleverly moved Curbs and the management team into Upton Park along with Brownie, Konch & Co. We've now got Pards - our real target. The plan will really come to fruition when Curbs dismantles the 'Ammers and sells us back Bowyer, Konch and Ashton at knock-down prices. Secret Agent Curbishley masterminded this plan with Murray last Spring before he left.

Comments

• All good, except they can keep Konch!
  • "All good, except they can keep Konch! "

Konch or Traore - tough call!!!

We should never have let Konkers go IMHO - for me he really should be playing the Kish role.
  • edited January 2007
    Mate, that's a good shout.

Was it against Spurs a couple of years ago, when Konch played the holding role. Superb.
    Great positioning. Good ball-winning. Good distribution. MOM.

Quick. Tell Pards.......
  • edited January 2007
    The problem is, that's why he left, because Curbs wanted to play him in midfield, and he's convinced he's a left back.
  • edited January 2007
    Well, he's got no hope at the Hamsters, then........lol
    Poor old Konch, he's always had more footballing ability than brain.
    Not quite the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Still a good player, tho'.
  • Do you know, the big thing for me (and we do seem to be Konkers fans here) was that even though he handed in a transfer request, obviously wanted a change etc - it NEVER showed when he played. He expressed his preferences and his career objectives, but did his duty when asked.

The only time I have boooed at the Valley was booing the Konch booers!!!

(While we're on the subject, I thought that it was a bit below the belt booing Jensen last Wednesday after the service he has given the club)
  • Love to see Jensen return - absolute quality!
  • Reading currently 3-0 up against West Ham.

*sniggers*
  • all i can say is LOL!!!!

couldnt be a better start for the new year if you ask me..
  • 4-0!

CURBS OUT! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• well speaking on behalf of all Charton Lifer's if a may, i would like to wish Curbs and his new team all the luck that thay may need....................

beginning June 2007.

Lol Alan and a Happy New year to all the squad. NOT.
  • 4-0, and it's not even half time yet...!!
  • the live table looks healthier at the moment.
  • And from the Beeb's live update site:
    1541: Hammers owner Eggert Magnusson yawns. What's he thinking? Why did I stay up so late? Why did I buy this club? Is it time to get a new manager?
  • West Ham taking off Harewood and bringing on Spector.

Yup, he's defending a 4-0 deficit by going 4-5-1.

Ho ho ho.
  • Make it 6....!!! With 8 or 9 mins left....

6-0. Happy New Year Curbs!!
  • As some will tell you, the one thing Curbs knows how to do is organise and make a team hard to beat....
  • I would imagine it will illicit a response similar to our 5-0 debacle vs the Spammers or may be not...
  • And now we no longer have the worst goal difference in the division :-)

At least until tomorrow night.
  • Sponsored links:

• The plan is working.
  • Things seem to be changing quickly all over the place at the moment. Only a few weeks ago, when they beat United, and we didn't look like we could even beat an egg....
    And we start getting a bit more hopeful and then you hear Bent is out for a while.
    Wonder what we'll be thinking at the end of January?
    Let's hope we still have the same manager! :)
  • What we do know is the bottom 3 will definately be out of the current bottom six:

Watford 12
    Charlton 16
    Wham 18
    Wigan 22
    Sheff U 23
    Boro 24

Newcastle and Villa have too much quality, while Fulham are on 27 already.

I still think we should forget about West Ham, its how many more points Wigan and Sheff U collect till the end of the season that will govern our destiny. 7 behind Sheff U now seems a lot, but its so easy in this league for a side to go 4-5 games without a point. We just have to make sure we win all our 'six pointer' game, and pick off the odd shock result like Sheff U did yesterday.
  • Curbs must stay!

1st time Ive said that for about 2/3 years!

According to one of the Hamsters on Talks**te Konchesky was playing up front in the 2nd half.

I bet CCole, Konch, Spector and Newts were over the moon when Curbs joined.