Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tariq Fosu is the most influential person since...Gandhi ??

Jesus, Moses or the prophet Mohammed would be overplaying it a bit, Martin Luther King or Karl Marx probably under.

We just don’t win without the Profit Fosu, As Roland will be calling him in the summer.

Comments

• Yeah i'd like to see our record with and without him
  • Cheers!

Quick work out on Fosu, Home/Away

Charlton @ home - averaged 1.71 points per game
    with Fosu its 1.87 ppg
    without Fosu its 1.33 ppg

Charlton away - averaged 1.30 points per game
    with Fosu - 1.50 ppg
    without Fosu - 1.00

@Pelling1993
  • How would it work if Kai Kai played in the same team as Fosu.

Would they even eachother out?
  • Yeah i'd like to see our record with and without him

It depends whether you're talking about before or after his salt march.
  • Reckon Roland is only hanging on so he can sell Fosu in the summer - he's even influencing the takeover.
  • Without him we've only won 4 games - all against struggling teams

https://castrust.org/2018/04/tariqe-the-key-to-the-play-offs/
  • Prophet. Unless you were referring to when Roland sells him in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018

Prophet. Unless you were referring to when Roland sells him in the summer.

Duuuhh need to learn to read..... hangs head in shame.

• “We go again”. Think jacko’s been taking some tips out of SCP’s catchphrase book! Long may that continue.

We go again.
  • Jesus, Moses or the prophet Mohammed would be overplaying it a bit, Martin Luther King or Karl Marx probably under.

We just don’t win without the Profit Fosu, As Roland will be calling him in the summer.

Charlton Heston played Moses, its a sign I tell thee......
  • Fosu is the best player in league One but he is still raw - he needs to learn when to do what, but he is a great prospect.
  • Well, his name is Henry.

What do you expect?

Fosu also means Red in Ashanti
  • Player of the year
  • Redhenry said:

Player of the year

I would be amazed if this didn't happen.
  • Seeing the comments around his sending off, I'd be very, very surprised if some of those slating him for what looked a perfect headbutt didn't react the same were someone to kick them whilst they were on the floor.
  • Possibly, but I hope he learns from it. He is the sort of player opponents will target and his aim should be to get them sent off, not him.
  • Sponsored links:

• How does that help us though? The game was already won and another side will benefit from Southend losing a couple of key players.
  • Possibly, but I hope he learns from it. He is the sort of player opponents will target and his aim should be to get them sent off, not him.

Not previously seen anything to be concerned about with respect to being a hothead. I think the push and subsequent kicking was quite a provocation.

Quite surprised by Powell’s after match comments to be honest. Although I’m sure that he will be having a quiet word with the two Southend players at training this morning. Their behaviour was pretty much as bad as it gets on a football pitch.

• If Fosu didn't react, ref would probably have only booked Kightly - Nothing wrong with backing your players in public, but I would be most disapointed with my keeper if I was Powell- absolutely no need to get involved and the way he swung his arm was a sending off every day. My point is that Fosu is going to be a top player, so he will be provoked and if opponents think they can get him to react, they will provoke him more - Agree that he has not shown issues before, but this should be viewed as a learning point.

I think that is pretty much what Bowyer said post match. I know it is a bit of a case of do as I say, not as I did, but in some ways the mature Bowyer can probably better relate to players e.g. I was no angel, but experience has taught me how to react etc...
  • How does that help us though? The game was already won and another side will benefit from Southend losing a couple of key players.

It sends out a message, if you mess with the fosu you will suffer the consequences twice over ?
  • It sends out the message that if you get one of your crap players to kick him, they both go off! Well it does if it happens again!
  • http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/16684999.suspended-michael-kightly-and-mark-oxley-to-miss-southend-uniteds-checkatrade-trophy-clash-with-cambridge-united/

Powell puzzled by this ruling as well.

It sends out the message that if you get one of your crap players to kick him, they both go off! Well it does if it happens again!

Kightly was their captain, and Oxley their main keeper, so both were key members of their squad
  • edited September 2018

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/16684999.suspended-michael-kightly-and-mark-oxley-to-miss-southend-uniteds-checkatrade-trophy-clash-with-cambridge-united/

Powell puzzled by this ruling as well.

It sends out the message that if you get one of your crap players to kick him, they both go off! Well it does if it happens again!

Kightly was their captain, and Oxley their main keeper, so both were key members of their squad
    Think this is the worst bit of it...

But they’re saying it doesn’t count because if it happened to a Premier League team they could use the game as one of the three games.

So if some Reserves kid gets sent off in a pointless Reserves game, the CheckaTrade trophy counts in the suspension, for a Football League team it doesnt!!

Nice to see the Football League have their priorities in the right order and right up the arse of the Premier League!!