Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• 1StevieG said:

Will never forgive him for that rocket he scored against us when playing for spurs.

Nah nor will I...

Because he's become a Charlton Legend, that goal will probably be one of the most memorable we conceded in the Premier League
  • edited April 2018
    HarryLime said:

Sitting though that power point presentation of Meire.
    The man is made of iron.

I was sat up the front that night. I tried to avoid any kind of eye contact. The poor bastard!

Ill never forget the QPR game because I was in hospital and back in my room 2 hours after surgery. We fired up the laptop to listen to Charlton live. I made such an odd sounding yelling noise when he scored that I think almost burst my stitches. A lot of pain after.

• Top three memories will always be:

(1) - The Free Kick @ Sheffield Wednesday
    (2) - The Free Kick @ the Valley against Sheffield United (shouldnt have been able to do it again)
    (3) - The last minute winner against Queens Park Rangers

Yep, they're the top 3 for me too !
  • Sponsored links:

• Should never have to buy himself at drink at The Valley !!
  • His many run in's with Lionel Bainbridge
  • jacko retires.... a job becomes available at a club he supports.... he has got his coaching badges
  • jacko retires.... a job becomes available at a club he supports.... he has got his coaching badges

I mean he's on the coaching staff, are you suggesting his job will become available and then he'll get it? I'm confused.

I assume you're inferring he's going to become manager, which I don't think would be a good move just yet.

(2) - The Free Kick @ the Valley against Sheffield United (shouldnt have been able to do it again)

Them 3 go without saying but you could add

1) 2 goals v Cardiff when 2 down - the captain drags his team right back in the game we go on and win.
    2) Ipswich news years day on as a sub after being told his legs have gone , Jacko does what Jacko does best scores a important equaliser in the last minute.
    3) New Year v Watford - last minute winner and knee slide.
    4) Buying fans a beer on way back form Exeter.

The guy is a legend real Charlton
    For No.4 I wasnt there when he got those fans a beer but thats definitely No.1 for off the pitch memories
  • SDAddick said:

jacko retires.... a job becomes available at a club he supports.... he has got his coaching badges

I mean he's on the coaching staff, are you suggesting his job will become available and then he'll get it? I'm confused.

I assume you're inferring he's going to become manager, which I don't think would be a good move just yet.
    jj is an arsenal fan was making the suggestion he might get the arsenal job
  • The Moonwalk.
  • Sponsored links:

Can't argue with these
    The guy is a legend and a true gent.
    Had the pleasure to speak to him several times on train journeys back from away game.
    His Dad used to always go as well.
    Just hope he stays with us - he will remain in the game and maybe in PR
    Hate to say it but think he is too nice a guy to be a Manager.
    Thanks for the Many Memories JJ -Total Respect for you

• Many memorable moments,this guy covered every blade of grass on the pitch,even in his later years when perhaps he was slowing up a bit.Up there with all the other charlton legends,his kind dont come around very often.I hope he has the chance to say a few words after the Blackburn game,and I hope there are 20000 Charlton fans there to show their appreciation.
  • The year after the goal against QPR, we played them again, and we're 2-0 down...

Jacko, who started on the bench, got the call, just as we'd got a corner. As he came on I shouted, "Go on, Jacko, get on the end if it!" He duly did, scoring with his first touch.

Cue me, disappearing under half an ecstatic East Stand...

Later on he supplied the cross for Cousins to equalise with a diving header.

Legend.
  • The year after the goal against QPR, we played them again, and we're 2-0 down...

Jacko, who started on the bench, got the call, just as we'd got a corner. As he came on I shouted, "Go on, Jacko, get on the end if it!" He duly did, scoring with his first touch.

Legend.

Think you're getting confused with the Fulham game

Legend.

Think you're getting confused with the Fulham game
    Yep and it was KAG that crossed for cousins. But it was still a real Jacko performance dragging us through.