Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kop-Styled Stand At New White Hart Lane (pics)

edited April 2018 in General Charlton
17,000, seated. Gotta admit, that is impressive.

Design

Seats going in

Comments

• Palace’s ground is better.
  • Yes I must admit it’s going to be a very impressive stadium.
  • Will it be ready for August?
  • Play in whatever stadium they like.
    Their supporters will always be cocks

Thats right the cockerels of spurs :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Heard its meant to be "the wall of sound" but at £2,200 per season ticket that stand will be as quiet as the Emirates

And if Charlton ever got in a position where they charged anywhere near that, I'd find a different club to support on a Saturday
  • My mate has one in there for just shy of £1k. A piss-take without doubt but not quite £2.2k
  • edited April 2018
    If it was all standing at £350 for a ST I'd be impressed.

Having said that, looks 100 times better than the 'London' Stadium.
  • Always liked Spurs. Back to the days of Smith, White Greaves and Mackay.
  • I know they seem to be asking to have their first few home games played away next season as it won’t be ready in time but the way it looks right now I’d be surprised to see it ready by Christmas.
  • Great stadium, terrible location
  • Distances from the front row to the touchline range from just 4.9 metres to 7.9 metres. The angle of the stands is set at up to 35 degrees and this, combined with the close proximity, will help connect supporters to the play.

(West Ham fans will be absolutely chuffed for their Tottenham counterparts).

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/welcome-home-secure-your-seat-and-look-around-the-new-stadium-120318/

• 17,000, seated. Gotta admit, that is impressive.

Design

Seats going in

I might just be me, but that shape sort of reminds me of a choker....
  • Sponsored links:

• It'll have zero atmosphere and crap, free gimmicky flags for fans like all new grounds.
  • Regardless of the price they've still shifted over 42k season tickets, which is apparently double what they had at the old ground.
  • edited April 2018
    Why have they put the dugout and technical area right in the corner? Madness.

Also, definitely not enough stewards, and the flags are crap.
    Evenly spaced, but crap.

And why can't they have photographers behind the goal? Having two of them sitting on the touch line will surely impede the referees assistant?
  • edited April 2018

It'll have zero atmosphere and crap, free gimmicky flags for fans like all new grounds.

Sadly, a bit like Wembley, these new grounds are great to look at when full but when you are sitting in your seat you think you should be sitting somewhere else in the ground because you are a bit isolated and missing out on the atmosphere. They are designed by and for fat old blokes who want to have a meal and then sit in comfort during those two short intervals between the hospitality lounge...
  • Looks like a tool box. A bigger, newer tool box
  • When my OH made me go to a Spuds match on valentine's day a few years back we saw the plans. Looked like a bike helmet. I shall be referring to it as the helmet whenever he goes when its complete.

Met a few helmets in the Bricklayers beforehand so its appropriate.
  • 17,000, seated. Gotta admit, that is impressive.

Design

Seats going in

Is that Harry Crain I can see in that first pic?