Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nandos

I went to the Sevenoaks branch last night my first time to a Nandos. It is the first time I have experienced main courses being bought out when we were halfway through our starters. I went for the extra extra hot peri peri sauce on my chicken, hot wings from KFC are spicier. The chicken was also dry, the coleslaw utterly insipid. In short is this a normal Nandos experience? To me it was an over rated and expensive harvester. I really don't get all the fuss about it - am I wrong? I paid basically treble what I would have paid at KFC for food which isn't as nice!

Comments

• Yes. Overpriced Harvester chicken is an accurate description
  • I totally agree. Horrible food and lousy service.
    Never seen the appeal of Nandos . My kids always want to go because it's trendy but I mostly resist. Thankfully my local branch in Stevenage has shut down saving me a job.
  • I went to the Sevenoaks branch last night my first time to a Nandos. It is the first time I have experienced main courses being bought out when we were halfway through our starters. I went for the extra extra hot peri peri sauce on my chicken, hot wings from KFC are spicier. The chicken was also dry, the coleslaw utterly insipid. In short is this a normal Nandos experience? To me it was an over rated and expensive harvester. I really don't get all the fuss about it - am I wrong? I paid basically treble what I would have paid at KFC for food which isn't as nice!

First time you've been to a Nandos? Where have you been for the last 10 years?!
  • Fine for the kids. They always enjoy it and actually eat something. Comparable to Pizza Hut in the quality stakes.
  • But wait....it must be great....Millionaire footballers go there.
  • agim said:

I went to the Sevenoaks branch last night my first time to a Nandos. It is the first time I have experienced main courses being bought out when we were halfway through our starters. I went for the extra extra hot peri peri sauce on my chicken, hot wings from KFC are spicier. The chicken was also dry, the coleslaw utterly insipid. In short is this a normal Nandos experience? To me it was an over rated and expensive harvester. I really don't get all the fuss about it - am I wrong? I paid basically treble what I would have paid at KFC for food which isn't as nice!

First time you've been to a Nandos? Where have you been for the last 10 years?!
    Obviously doing something right!
  • Nando’s is shit and anyone that says they are going for a/describes it as a “cheeky Nando’s” is a bellend!

Funny you should say that... Might have to have a cheeky Nandos before my film tomorrow
  • Shit kfc with cutlery, im also pretty chuffed to have made it to 35 and never stepped foot in one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Daddy_Pig said:

Fine for the kids. They always enjoy it and actually eat something. Comparable to Pizza Hut in the quality stakes.

Spot on. Especially when you want serving asap!
  • Only go when I’m in a rush before cinema etc. I can easily be in, sat down, finish my meal in 30mins if I have to.

Used to be ideal when I was a teenager as I could get a meal with two sides and unlimited soft drink for under a tenner - it’s more like £15 now.
  • i don't mind it. Cheap and fast food for the the kids.
  • edited April 2018
    i think its alright does depend on where you go, the one at gatwick south terminal isnt that bad and is reasonably quick.

the crayford one is always rammed but do agree that its pricey for what it is. about 17 quid for a no table service meal is dear. comparible to a pub meal, which you can pick up for similar money.
  • I think this thread is what the twitter kids call ‘Ya da...’
  • Redhenry said:

i don't mind it. Cheap and fast food for the the kids.

This.
  • wings and tings
  • Sponsored links:

• Had it once. Chicken was really dry.
  • Wouldn't be my first choice for somewhere to eat, but the few times I have been the food and service have been ok.

Do feel for the staff in there though, they never get tips as you pay for your food as you order it. The two Nando's that are in Canary Wharf are always rammed and the staff always look stressed and rushed off their feet.
  • I went to the Sevenoaks branch last night my first time to a Nandos. It is the first time I have experienced main courses being bought out when we were halfway through our starters. I went for the extra extra hot peri peri sauce on my chicken, hot wings from KFC are spicier. The chicken was also dry, the coleslaw utterly insipid. In short is this a normal Nandos experience? To me it was an over rated and expensive harvester. I really don't get all the fuss about it - am I wrong? I paid basically treble what I would have paid at KFC for food which isn't as nice!

Looking forward to an update by lunchtime.
  • Used one on Peterborough a few years back.
    Can't remember much about it other than to say I have no desire to use one again.
  • It's not chicken piri piri (or peri peri, as I think they spell it). It's like calling a piece of grilled turbot served with potato wedges, fish n chips.
  • edited April 2018

People comparing Nandos to KFC have clearly never actually even looked at a Nandos menu

I think the difference is that KFC don't claim to anything else other than a pretty much standard chicken & chips outfit, whereas Nandos portray themselves as a puka chain of up market eateries.... which is of course way off the mark.