Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nandos

Comments

• shine166 said:

Shit kfc with cutlery, im also pretty chuffed to have made it to 35 and never stepped foot in one.

If you've never set foot in one, how can you say its shit ?
  • Have been to numerous Nandos and the food has always been fine - it's a basic formula but it seems to work. For the price it's good value.

There are far worse chains about in my opinion many of which have gone out of business.
  • When I’m working away I usually go to Nando’s as after working outdoors all day all I want is something to eat I dont have to wait too long for plus I drown it in that XXX hot sauce so it always tastes nice.
  • edited April 2018

i think its alright does depend on where you go, the one at gatwick south terminal isnt that bad and is reasonably quick.

the crayford one is always rammed but do agree that its pricey for what it is. about 17 quid for a no table service meal is dear. comparible to a pub meal, which you can pick up for similar money.

The breakfast in the Gatwick one is excellent...

I have never had a problem with the quality of Nando's. I quite enjoy it. Though the quality has started to slide downhill of late in the Crawley one, fortunately the Horsham one is still spot on.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Nando's is great. You know exactly what you're getting, and that is fresh chicken in some sort of marinade sauce affair, alongside your choice of chips/garlic bread/peas/coleslaw/mash/whatever.

I don't think it pretends to be anything it isn't. It's relatively fast food and compared to any other fast food places e.g. KFC or Maccas, it's unquestionably less unhealthy.

It's also nothing like KFC lol, though I do concede at KFC sometimes I get some chicken to go with my grease.

This is my feeling on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• KFC is absolutely rancid.

Thank you. It's f%$king horrible, but, unbelievably, there's still a sub culture of wannabe KFCs aspiring towards the f%$king horrible-ness that KFC delivers so consistently.

Colonel Fried Chicken, Favourite Chicken, Chicken Cottage, Morleys, Mowleys. Yuk.

If you're a patron of such eateries, next time you're in there have a look at how much chicken you can buy for £3. Then go to a supermarket and see how much the same amount of raw chicken costs. Then start computing how you can get more chicken for your money in a fried chicken shop than in Sainsburys.

• If you ever get a chance then go to Chick 'n Sours in Covent Garden (I won't mention Haggerston here as the majority of you won't want to make that effort). I love my chicken, love KFC, love Nandos, but Chick 'n Sours is something on another planet!!
  • When is he signing ?
    Manager or player ?
    Is he Spanish ?
    Anyway, how tall is he ?
  • MrLargo said:

KFC is absolutely rancid.

Thank you. It's f%$king horrible, but, unbelievably, there's still a sub culture of wannabe KFCs aspiring towards the f%$king horrible-ness that KFC delivers so consistently.

Colonel Fried Chicken, Favourite Chicken, Chicken Cottage, Morleys, Mowleys. Yuk.

If you're a patron of such eateries, next time you're in there have a look at how much chicken you can buy for £3. Then go to a supermarket and see how much the same amount of raw chicken costs. Then start computing how you can get more chicken for your money in a fried chicken shop than in Sainsburys.

the chicken shop next door to venue used to do;

2 x chicken bugers
    2 x large frieds
    1 x 5 hot wings
    1 x can of drink

for £3.00 would happily smash then an n89 back home.
  • I get my Piri Piri fix delivered from
    Mindo in New Eltham.

I much prefer it to Nando and way cheaper.

The extra hot is proper n’all......proper nose running stuff.
  • edited April 2018
    I used to think its not all that, but now i do enjoy it. I wouldn't say i have been won over as i barely go.

Similar to harvester is a good evaluation , slightly overpriced too. I am not that into spice either and go for medium which is just right, love a bit of halloumi in pitta (no mushrooms), good as a one off and something quick to eat.

following on from that anyone around croydon there is like a cheaper nandos right by it called rios, i will go there normally every week once get a medium chick wrap and chips, i find it as good as nandos just cheaper.
  • shine166 said:

Shit kfc with cutlery, im also pretty chuffed to have made it to 35 and never stepped foot in one.

He stands peering in through the window with hands cupped against the glass watching people eat, I'm guessing.
    Mindo in New Eltham.

mindo's kebab shop?
  • edited April 2018
    I get dragged there fairly often. It's decent but once every six weeks or so is enough for me. I'll never understand the queues at Bluewater's when other places are empty, so I prefer getting a takeaway one (plus my cat loves it).

Afterwards KFC tastes like pure grease.
  • Least with Maccy D's you know the food prep is clean and its fresh. KFC is just pure grease, sitting in those little hot plate windows for hours on end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Least with Maccy D's you know the food prep is clean and its fresh. KFC is just pure grease, sitting in those little hot plate windows for hours on end.

Used to do the electrical maintenance in various food places including KFC and Pizza Hut (same owners) and they were by far the worst followed by Frankie and Benny’s.
    Mindo in New Eltham.

mindo's kebab shop?
    Doh......not Mindo’s at all.

I meant Grillo’s on Bromley Road.
  • I cant believe people queue for packet food. Must be good but as a higher form of life (veggie) I'll never get to find out.
    And by the sound of it, its the sauce that gives it the taste. Larrup loads of hot chilli/garlic/herbs over anything and you can make a product taste the same in London as in other city in the world.
  • Don’t like it, not even sure it is chicken.
  • shine166 said:

how do you know it's shit then?

I love it, rarely eat in there but it's quick and easy and I've never had a bad meal.
    Its chicken and chips with lots of hype... I appologise for called the sacred takeaway shit.

Its still full of 'cheaky' top knot, huarache wearing knobheads though
  • a lot of kfc are franchise aswell similarly we used to do contract works for rentokil and many of there sites were kfc ones absolutely grim in fact a lot of fast food places if you could see the kitchen you probably wouldn't want to eat in Chinese are by far the worse, grease up to 2 inches thick on surfaces.
  • shine166 said:

He stands peering in through the window with hands cupped against the glass watching people eat, I'm guessing.
    exactly, while admiring how unobtainably cool everyone looks
  • a lot of kfc are franchise aswell similarly we used to do contract works for rentokil and many of there sites were kfc ones absolutely grim in fact a lot of fast food places if you could see the kitchen you probably wouldn't want to eat in Chinese are by far the worse, grease up to 2 inches thick on surfaces.

It's probably best not to go inside the kitchen of a lot of places - food hygiene can be appalling.