Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Double injury blow for Charlton ahead of crucial Blackburn and Rochdale games

edited April 2018 in General Charlton
For your thread FA

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/935102340?-11197:833

JJ also out of Saturday's game

Comments

• Get Aribo back in as a winger
  • Fosu is a big blow, Mavididi not so much.
  • We dont win games when Fosu is not on the pitch.
  • robroy said:

We dont win games when Fosu is not on the pitch.

Get him in the starting line up and sub him off when the ball first goes out of play. Easy peasy. :-)
  • This ain't great news, Fosu particularly. We have little creativity without him in the side - I just hope we don't revert to passing sideways and backwards eg. Scunthorpe etc. etc.
  • I dont get the importance of having Fosu in the team and feel its become a bit of a myth.

Yes I know our win percentage has been better when he's played yet it was 0-0 when he went off against Rotherham and didnt play a part in the Portsmouth goal on the weekend.
  • addick05 said:

This ain't great news, Fosu particularly. We have little creativity without him in the side - I just hope we don't revert to passing sideways and backwards eg. Scunthorpe etc. etc.

might have been ok if we had Mavididi as he can do the same sort of role - without both then we're fooked. Da Silva could fill in ahead of Page, but I don't think Bowyer likes that idea & last Saturday Marshall came on & played wide left. Not his ideal position as his left foot not his best for crossing (his right's not that great either). Time for Kaikai to step up :neutral:

Looks like its all going to be on the Rochdale game.
  • Losing Fosu is a blow, but not unexpected.

Blackburn aren't a bad team to play without him, as they won't come here to put 11 players behind the ball, so there will be more space. Marshall's confidence may be down at the moment, but with us playing 2 up front, the formation is suited to having a conventional winger hugging the touchline and getting crosses in.
  • Sponsored links:

• LB seems to like Marshall for his defending and covering play and against Blackburn he may want to make sure the full backs are covered
  • Newshopper says out for the remainder, LB quotes say he is likely to miss just Saturday.... :neutral:
  • It is a massive blow losing our game changer fosu but now is the time for others to step up.

Da Silva as winger is one I would go with.
  • If Fosu is not fit, i think Mav is the perfect replacement in the sense tricky, pace, will take alot of stopping.

It wouldn't surprise me if he said Fosu is not fit just for the sake of not showing our hand, eg. they would build up to man mark him and preparation will be around this (probably clutching at straws), if he is fit and plays could be more dangerous. If he is genuinely not fit then save him for the play offs and hopefully the team can do enough.
  • If Fosu is not fit, i think Mav is the perfect replacement in the sense tricky, pace, will take alot of stopping.

It wouldn't surprise me if he said Fosu is not fit just for the sake of not showing our hand, eg. they would build up to man mark him and preparation will be around this (probably clutching at straws), if he is fit and plays could be more dangerous. If he is genuinely not fit then save him for the play offs and hopefully the team can do enough.

Possibly injured
  • If Mavididi is not fit for Saturday, neither is Jackson, and obviously Fosu is out, I would like to see Marshall play but I think going something like this might be a decent way to go...

Amos
    Dijksteel Bauer Pearce Page
    Reeves Kashi Forster-Caskey Dasilva
    Magennis Ajose

Phillips, Lennon, Konsa, Aribo, Marshall, Kaikai, Zyro
  • I've been quite impressed with Reeves over the last few games, his ability to pick out payers with a long ball is excellent and with no Fosu that may be the way to go.
  • Reeves needs to play through the middle, we need a tricky player on the wing...
  • Leuth said:

Get Aribo back in as a winger

I'd play Aribo in Fosu's role, asking him to run at them (if he's fit).
  • Sponsored links:

• I dont get the importance of having Fosu in the team and feel its become a bit of a myth.

Yes I know our win percentage has been better when he's played yet it was 0-0 when he went off against Rotherham and didnt play a part in the Portsmouth goal on the weekend.

He's our talisman. He's definitely a big loss.
  • robroy said:

We dont win games when Fosu is not on the pitch.

We do, just half as many.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Reeves needs to play through the middle, we need a tricky player on the wing...

This.

I sometimes feel Reeves is a little bit wasted out on the right. He has the best range of passing in the team, and even though he does tend to drift into central positions, I believe he cannot always have an effect on a game as he would like.
  • edited April 2018

If Fosu is not fit, i think Mav is the perfect replacement in the sense tricky, pace, will take alot of stopping.

Fosu will be fortunate to be back for Wembley (if we get there). Did you see him get injured at Pompey ?
    Mavididi is doubtful.
  • Croydon said:

Fosu is a big blow, Mavididi not so much.

Don't know. He was showing signs of getting his form back. He's a potential game changer.
  • edited April 2018

Losing Fosu is a blow, but not unexpected.

Blackburn aren't a bad team to play without him, as they won't come here to put 11 players behind the ball, so there will be more space. Marshall's confidence may be down at the moment, but with us playing 2 up front, the formation is suited to having a conventional winger hugging the touchline and getting crosses in.

I don't know about that, they did that in the second half at Elwood and we really struggled. We're a better, more cohesive team now, but I still think they'll fancy themselves sitting deep and hitting us on the counter with Bennett, Armstrong, Graham, and Dack and just writing that is a good reminder of how much pace and ability and then also Danny Graham that they have.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Reeves needs to play through the middle, we need a tricky player on the wing...

That's what I meant. Agree, he needs to play through the middle. Thing is, other than Marshall we don't have a fit wide player to take the full back on and cross the ball.
  • edited April 2018
    Losing Fosu is absolutely massive, it’s going to hurt us if he is out for any stretch of time.

Hoping Mavididi passed the tests today and is going to play some part between now and the end of the season.

Both are game changers, but Fosu out now is not good at all. I was expecting Kaikai to come in and really add something to us but he just hasn’t and we have actually looked worse with him in the team. A real shame. Of course there is potentially 5 more games that he can influence positively for us, but he needs to find form and quickly if he is going to be any use now.

Something is telling me though that even though I haven’t mentioned it in this post previously. - Reeves is going to be so key to us if we get play-offs. Just got that feeling.