Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nandos

Comments

• I still maintain that you can't get a better chicken and chips in the UK than Fresh Fry Fish Bar on Charlton Church Lane. The chips are on another level
  • Sorry but anyone comparing Nandos to Harvester needs their tastebuds and pretty much all their senses checked out.

Harvester are the experts of shit food and even shitter service.
  • Least with Maccy D's you know the food prep is clean and its fresh. KFC is just pure grease, sitting in those little hot plate windows for hours on end.

Mate your right and wrong

I have done installs at all the mc D’s in the west end and all of them are fucking minging by end of service and that means for large % of the time they are serving they are rank

KFC is the worst fast food outlet I have also installed equipment in there where I witnessed some of the most horrific food prep and standards and the worst hygiene ever
  • Carter said:

Carter said:

a lot of kfc are franchise aswell similarly we used to do contract works for rentokil and many of there sites were kfc ones absolutely grim in fact a lot of fast food places if you could see the kitchen you probably wouldn't want to eat in Chinese are by far the worse, grease up to 2 inches thick on surfaces.

It's probably best not to go inside the kitchen of a lot of places - food hygiene can be appalling.
    that was what i stated, i think most would be appalled although it is worth noting that just because a place has a 1 out of 5 hygiene rating it doesn't necessarily mean that the place is awful just its failed some points, sink not being close enough to prep area, lack of fire extinguishers etc.

back on thread, double chicken in pitta no salad, garlic bread and peri salted chips hot.
    Dude if a place has a 1 out of 5 hygiene rating you are playing very fast and loose with your rectal and gastric health!

I too have had the misfortune to do some maintenance in chain restaraunts and several I will never, ever eat in. Zizzi, Frankie and Bennies and pizza hut to name 3. However as someone else said, Chinese kitchens are on another level of disgusting.
    I would have thought that each individual restaurant would have been run the way the manager wanted it, chain or not? Or do they issue franchise guidelines that suggest rat droppings in the rice container, cleaning the glass washer once a decade and three week old oil to cook everything in? :lol:
    Haha I see what you are doing there

Put it like this, I've always found that regardless of who manages some teams or who the playing staff are they play a certain way

See I think Norwich have always been a footballing side, when they play they are good to watch and have a nice soft underbelly

Sheffield United seem to have always given me the impression they aren't that into the round ball game and prefer to spend 90 minutes acting out a ritual of who can kick what the furthest and hardest players and football's.

West Ham, well God knows what West ham are about but the point remains

Zizzi, Harvester, Frankie and Bennies are three that you could put Raymond Blanc in charge of and they would still cut their toenails on a food preparation table and wipe their genitals on the tea towels
    So actually what you are saying is that it IS the "players" then? Regardless of who they play for, all the above always recruit people from the Hackney Marshes Sunday League Division V. Even if the manager is Helmut Schoen? I think I am getting your drift...
  • Nando’s is clucking awful.
  • dizzee said:

Nando’s is clucking awful.

Yeah but sometimes you just have to wing it.
  • Howells said:

dizzee said:

Nando’s is clucking awful.

Yeah but sometimes you just have to wing it.
    The place is full of cocks
  • I know people moan about the grease that comes with KFC, but for me that's one of the attractions. Nothing I like more than putting my greasy bone in a messy box!

Agreed - once you’ve had the legs and the beast, there’s still a greasy box to put your bone in.
  • I know people moan about the grease that comes with KFC, but for me that's one of the attractions. Nothing I like more than putting my greasy bone in a messy box!

Agreed - once you’ve had the legs and the beast, there’s still a greasy box to put your bone in.
    Don't forget, it's finger licking good.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

Went there last night and absolutely smashed a burger with the peri salted chips and some halloumi. My mate had a full chicken platter to himself because he is an absolute machine.

Love Nando's, and all the massive banter that comes with each visit. Proper ledge.

(All of the above did actually happen last night)

Nothing I can say to top this other than people who enjoy it have never had a properly seasoned chicken. I don't get the appeal it's blander than bland.

Morelys over Nando.
  • Sorry but anyone comparing Nandos to Harvester needs their tastebuds and pretty much all their senses checked out.

Harvester are the experts of shit food and evene wgivk shitter service.

At least there is full waiter service which is more than you get at Nando’s. I dislike them both Immensely but if I had a gun put to my head to choose I will stick with Harvester.

Harvester are the experts of shit food and even shitter service.

The service at Harvester is amazing and I'm not saying that in a good way. If you enjoy waiting ages to get your order taken and then ages to get it brought to your table then Harvester is the way to go.

• Nandos is for people that genuinely don't know what chicken should taste like.

It's absolutely shit.
  • Nandos is for people that genuinely don't know what chicken should taste like.

It's absolutely shit.

Perfectly put sir!

It's absolutely shit.

What should chicken taste like and who decided this? I better make a note in case I’ve been eating it wrong.
  • JaShea99 said:

Nandos is for people that genuinely don't know what chicken should taste like.

It's absolutely shit.

What should chicken taste like and who decided this? I better make a note in case I’ve been eating it wrong.
    We have a lot of experts on here - you should consult them.

• JaShea99 said:

It's absolutely shit.

Nothing like it does in Nandos. That's irrefutable.

Unless you buy free-range, corn fed chicken then chances are that you genuinely don't know what chicken should taste like and would go a long way to explaining why people like Nandos.
  • JaShea99 said:

It's absolutely shit.

Thanks, Reverend.
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:

It's absolutely shit.

Unless you buy free-range, corn fed chicken then chances are that you genuinely don't know what chicken should taste like and would go a long way to explaining why people like Nandos.
    I agree with this, however this is bleeding into another subject entirely about the quality of food in general. I'll happily throw my 2 cents in and say I'm leading a silent revolution against meat products pumped full of water and I just don't buy them.

Free range chicken, dry cured bacon

Annoyingly it's difficult to find chicken or bacon that hasn't been injected full of water in a supermarket. When did this just become accepted?
  • I put the Nando’s haters very much in the same camp as people that claim they’ve never heard of celebrities on cbb and I’m a celeb.
  • JaShea99 said:

It's absolutely shit.

Thanks, Reverend.
    ? Wtf
  • Carter said:

JaShea99 said:

It's absolutely shit.

I agree with this, however this is bleeding into another subject entirely about the quality of food in general. I'll happily throw my 2 cents in and say I'm leading a silent revolution against meat products pumped full of water and I just don't buy them.

Annoyingly it's difficult to find chicken or bacon that hasn't been injected full of water in a supermarket. When did this just become accepted?
    Probably when they started selling for half the price of the ‘proper’ Stuff.
  • I put the Nando’s haters very much in the same camp as people that claim they’ve never heard of celebrities on cbb and I’m a celeb.

Maybe everyone on here just does fine dining.
  • JaShea99 said:

It's absolutely shit.

Thanks, Reverend.
    ? Wtf
    If you didn't get it then it's really not worth explaining.
  • This is what Nandos says about its chicken on its website: "All of our chicken is British and is fresh, never frozen. We use several suppliers including; Cargill, Moy Park, Faccenda and Freemans of Newent."

I find this more than a little disconcerting. I'd be much happier if it was frozen.

For fresh, read raw. As we all know raw chicken has to be handled carefully otherwise it's up there with with plague-infested rats as a really quite dangerous thing.

Moy Park? Well, it's difficult not to eat their product, it's everywhere. But....... https://lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/moy-park-fined-118000-after-162904
  • Carter said:

JaShea99 said:

It's absolutely shit.

Probably when they started selling for half the price of the ‘proper’ Stuff.
    Chicken used to be expensive and a bit of a treat and it seems unlikely we will go back to that. You would need a huge shift in public opinion to change farming methods and accept higher prices.

If chicken prices went up it would wipe out an entire industry dependent on cheap costs - that may or may not be a good thing depending on your point of view but I can't see it happening soon.

• I went to KFC in Portsmouth, Kens Fried Chicken.