Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nandos

12346»

Comments

• I genuinely want one of these:

• PaddyP17 said:

I genuinely want one of these:

I'd imagine you can get one at the local poundland?
  • I went to the Sevenoaks branch last night my first time to a Nandos. It is the first time I have experienced main courses being bought out when we were halfway through our starters. I went for the extra extra hot peri peri sauce on my chicken, hot wings from KFC are spicier. The chicken was also dry, the coleslaw utterly insipid. In short is this a normal Nandos experience? To me it was an over rated and expensive harvester. I really don't get all the fuss about it - am I wrong? I paid basically treble what I would have paid at KFC for food which isn't as nice!

Weird ? It's like supporting a football team and complaining about stuff..... Damn I miss Katrien !
  • edited April 2018
    Stig said:

Dazzler21 said:

is Nando's halal?

73 out of their 402 restaurants are. All of which advise customers after they have stepped in the restaurant. There are no signs to inform potential customers before entering.
    I don't have a problem eating Halal chicken. Some of my mates are Muslim so we purposely travel to the Croydon Nando's on the rare occasion we all fancy a 'Cheeky Nando's'.
    I don't have a problem with eating chicken that doesn't need to have a completely nonsensical blessing put on it based on a medieval ideology, for fear of upsetting a mythical character that apparently split the moon in half and rode up to heaven on a unicorn. Cheeky or not.
    The odd thing is, I genuinely have no idea whether that is what people believe or whether you're spoofing it up a bit.
    There are more thorough pieces on it but just for starters:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_of_the_moon

Re the unicorn, I spoke out of turn. It was actually a winged horse. Look up 'Buraq'.

• Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

is Nando's halal?

73 out of their 402 restaurants are. All of which advise customers after they have stepped in the restaurant. There are no signs to inform potential customers before entering.
    I don't have a problem eating Halal chicken. Some of my mates are Muslim so we purposely travel to the Croydon Nando's on the rare occasion we all fancy a 'Cheeky Nando's'.
    I don't have a problem with eating chicken that doesn't need to have a completely nonsensical blessing put on it based on a medieval ideology, for fear of upsetting a mythical character that apparently split the moon in half and rode up to heaven on a unicorn. Cheeky or not.
    How do you spot an atheist, a religion believer, a vegan, a runner?

Any one of them will tell you.
    You are either an atheist or a believer in religion as far as I'm aware? I'm not sure how many are undecided.

Impossible to discuss religion!
    This is obviously off topic but religion is easily discussed.

Burden of proof and all that. If that cannot be fulfilled then there is nothing to discuss.
    I should have added 'without causing offence'. If you don't believe then religion will probably appear nonsensical - I stopped going to church when I was about 10 which is a good few years ago!
    It's not offensive to state that religion is made up nonsense. It's factual. It'll stay factual until the burden of proof has been fulfilled. A burden of proof that nobody has ever been able to fulfil.

I mean, Adam and Eve? Really? talking snake? and that's just for starters.

The New Testament doesn't exist without the Old Testament. A point that religious folk can't get their heads around. Mainly due to it advocating slavery and other such horrific practices that they'd rather not have on their conscience when talking to the sky.

I'll leave it there as this isn't what the thread was for.
    And the god person creating a whole world in 7 days for just two people, who didn't even have a scooter to get round on...
  • Stig said:

Dazzler21 said:

is Nando's halal?

The odd thing is, I genuinely have no idea whether that is what people believe or whether you're spoofing it up a bit.
    There are more thorough pieces on it but just for starters:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_of_the_moon

Re the unicorn I spoke out of turn. It was actually a winged horse. Look up 'Buraq'.
    Splitting the moon, talking snakes. These mainstream religions are so outlandish they make the cargo cults seem positively sane. At least Phil The Greek has bounteous wealth, beyond the dreams of remote island communities.
  • edited April 2018

Redhenry said:

I went to KFC in Portsmouth, Kens Fried Chicken.

Ah Kens Kebabs!

And Ken’s Chicken

And Kens Pizza

Ken does everything. Lived off that place at Uni
    haha, nice chap Ken, he gave me an extra piece of chicken and a free drink.

• Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

is Nando's halal?

You are either an atheist or a believer in religion as far as I'm aware? I'm not sure how many are undecided.

Burden of proof and all that. If that cannot be fulfilled then there is nothing to discuss.
    I should have added 'without causing offence'. If you don't believe then religion will probably appear nonsensical - I stopped going to church when I was about 10 which is a good few years ago!
    It's not offensive to state that religion is made up nonsense. It's factual. It'll stay factual until the burden of proof has been fulfilled. A burden of proof that nobody has ever been able to fulfil.

The New Testament doesn't exist without the Old Testament. A point that religious folk can't get their heads around. Mainly due to it advocating slavery and other such horrific practices that they'd rather not have on their conscience when talking to the sky.

And the god person creating a whole world in 7 days for just two people, who didn't even have a scooter to get round on...
    Absolutely. If those that wrote the book, 100 years or so after the illegitimate child died, had mentioned a CR90 being available then it would have made it so much more plausible.

Also, by telling everyone that Adam and Eve roamed the earth 4.543 billion years ago (the believed birth of the earth) might have provided some more tangible detail to the story :wink:

• Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

is Nando's halal?

Absolutely. If those that wrote the book, 100 years or so after the illegitimate child died, had mentioned a CR90 being available then it would have made it so much more plausible.

Also, by telling everyone that Adam and Eve roamed the earth 4.543 billion years ago (the believed birth of the earth) might have provided some more tangible detail to the story :wink:
    Did they live in SE London and frequent Morleys?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

is Nando's halal?

Now we're getting in to the discussion around whether an 8th day of creation existed whereby beardy set about populating the earth with fast food restaurants.

On what day were the chickens created?

• Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

is Nando's halal?

Now we're getting in to the discussion around whether an 8th day of creation existed whereby beardy set about populating the earth with fast food restaurants.

On what day were the chickens created?</</b>blockquote>

Frieday
  • Howells said:

PaddyP17 said:

I'd imagine you can get one at the local poundland?
    I wish that were true, but an independent artist was the designer so it's had a very limited run etc. Sarf London chic to my eyes!
  • PaddyP17 said:

Charlton and Morley’s chicken are genuinely the pride of south London in my opinion. Both red and white and both 50/50 on whether it will make your stomach turn in 90 mins.
  • People besmirching the good name of Morley's is worse than religion. :angry:
  • People besmirching the good name of Morley's is worse than religion. :angry:

I think it could all kick off on here.....
  • Might pick myself up a magnum meal from Morley’s tonight in solidarity
  • The Chicken Cottage mandem will be along soon.
  • I think Nando’s is alright, used to go there a lot when the kids were little and ate child portions, but it’s expensive when you have to shell out for proper mains now they’re older! It’s basic grub really, cheap and cheerful. I do better peri peri chicken at home for a fraction of the price
  • Nandos is South African.

I quite like it - a bit expensive, but i quite like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I went to KFC in Portsmouth, Kens Fried Chicken.

Ah Kens Kebabs!

And Ken’s Chicken

And Kens Pizza

Ken does everything. Lived off that place at Uni
    haha, nice chap Ken, he gave me an extra piece of chicken and a free drink.
    Sounds like the geezer was flashing the cash. Im sure he does alright out of his takeaway gaffs, but i truely hope he ain't your 'wealthy arab'
  • Another thing that puts me off are the large groups of youths/teenagers you always seem to get inside and outside them.

If I want to sit down and have a meal I’d rather do it with adults, even if I am with my three children.