Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Blackburn - Match Thread

Comments

• Blackburn will come out i the second half full of piss and vinegar when they see Wigan losing.
  • 45+1' - #Rovers come forward through Armstrong, whose cross is cleared as far as Evans, who fires well over the bar. 1-0.
  • Plymouth 0-1 HT
  • 45+2' Corry Evans lashes a shot into the Covered End after Marshall had headed an Amari'i Bell cross clear. 1-0. #cafc
  • HT 1-0
  • Perfect half, every player putting in a shift
  • Bloody lovely
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep going lads. Play offs as it stands.
  • Anyone interesting in the directors box?
  • Marshall has been excellent so far. Solid performances all round. Keep it up Charlton!
  • JT said:

Missus is going to be like why the f*ck have we got a Blackburn app on the ipad.

You will never understand love.

Keep going boys

If that is me, sorry
  • edited April 2018
    We need everybody in the stands to STAND UP and make those behindbghem stand up as well...if ever there was a need for 45 minutes of support we saw at Pompey last week then this is it...
  • iFollow:
    Nervy first half. Blackburn really well organised and hard to break down. Pearce has been utterly immense and Marshall having his best game for Charlton. Reeves back to his usual fannying around (why beat one and use the ball, when you can try and beat 5 - same one 3 times - and lose it!) and the distribution has, in the main, been woeful; with the worst culprits being (yet again) Forster-Caskey, Konsa and Page. And as for Page's yellow card! Fool.
  • A second goal would be bloody marvelous.
  • Looking at the HT stats you might think this has been a dull game: CAFC one shot one goal, Rovers two shots with neither on target. In fact it's been quite an entertaining match so far.

Charlton look the better team but are struggling to get into positions for crosses or shots. We're defending well though, Marshall putting in a decent shift. Kashi and JFC breaking down most attacks in midfield.

Nice to see a fuller ground today, hopefully a taste of things to come post-RD.

Keep it up in the second half, there's at least one more goal here for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have Da Silva on for Reeves at about 60/65, shift Marshall right and JDS left, he's more than capable of bombing forward whilst being able to support Page
  • Just having a look at the as it stands league table - Shrews on 89 points are terribly unlucky not to be going up automatically - a win next week as well for 92 points would have been enough for automatic 12 out of last 15 seasons and won the whole league quite a few times as well.

Anyway great half of football just a shame about Scunny - although they are far enough in front of MK that they can start thinking about saving players for Tuesday night now at least.
  • The story of the first half...

So far, so good at The Valley as @jpearce05's bum-shot puts the Addicks in front at the break... #cafc

• Where's the team I watched lose to Scunthorpe two weeks ago? This time I'm not there, it's iFollow, but the work-rate is totally different. I'm not the only one impressed with Marshall it seems, Pearce has been excellent at the back and Kashi has provided great support both at the back and front. They've been the stand-out players for me, though I'd say no one is shirking their responsibilities.

Ref seems to have given us most of the 50/50s for a change.

More of the same second-half, please.
  • Table as it stands

• Always felt optimistic about this one..
  • Always felt optimistic about this one..

Been optimistic since Lord Bowyer took over.
  • 46' The second half is underway... #cafc
  • REALLY enjoying Marshall's defensive work in this game
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!