Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ref Today

I thought he was excellent,easily the best ive seen down The Valley for a while. Let the game flow and was fair to both teams.

Comments

• I thought he was excellent,easily the best ive seen down The Valley for a while. Let the game flow and was fair to both teams.

SEVEN MINUTES.

(I thought he was very fair)
  • I thought he was excellent,easily the best ive seen down The Valley for a while. Let the game flow and was fair to both teams.

Yeah I'm pretty sure BRFC Fans may have different opinion.

The thing that has bugged me all season in this division is the inability for the linesman to make any sort of decision including throw ins. They all wait for the ref for EVERY decision barring offside then wave whatever way he decides.

I thought today's ref was very quick to blow the whistle but that was very much to our benefit.
  • Ref at Pompey was good too imo.
  • Page was down injured for at least 5, so wasn't surprised by the 7 at all.

One thing that did confuse me, when Page got booked for the tackle on the keeper, that was a clear backpass, right? The defender had controlled the ball, then the keeper came out and handled it.

Makes the Page tackle even worse, had he left the 'keeper alone then we may have had a Free Kick
  • Easily the best ref we've had this season, refs like today don't stay long at this level, will soon get elevated to the leagues above, no doubt.
  • Agree. Quality Ref. He deserves a mention.
  • edited April 2018
    He was good but how in Hades did he not book Caddis for the cynical foul on Marshall yet he booked Page for a similar offence.
  • I reckon he had a few quid on Wigan
  • Very Tall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ref was good but 7-minuted was a bit creative
  • We won't see him again. Far too good for that league and the championship as well.
  • 1StevieG said:

He was good but how in Hades did he not book Caddis for the cynical foul on Marshall yet he booked Page for a similar offence.

Agreed, Caddis was a repeated offender too

Otherwise, the ref was excellent today
  • I slag them off when they are bad and it is right to acknowledge when they are good.
  • He was good today - not too card happy and kept the game flowing.
  • He was a unit too. Can see why the players wouldn't argue with him.
  • Agree, he was very good 9/10 rating.
  • Page was down injured for at least 5, so wasn't surprised by the 7 at all.

One thing that did confuse me, when Page got booked for the tackle on the keeper, that was a clear backpass, right? The defender had controlled the ball, then the keeper came out and handled it.

Makes the Page tackle even worse, had he left the 'keeper alone then we may have had a Free Kick
    But maybe Page was not expecting the keeper to dive to pick up the back pass so committed to trying to cross it.
  • Excellent ref today. Couldn't fault any decisions and thought he was fair. He can come back that one.
  • The best ref I've seen at this level I think. What's his name? I no longer buy a programme.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like the love he's getting, but surely rather than 'even it up' after knowing lino missed an offside....if he was sure enough to do that, surely he'd have just blown in the first place?
  • Yeah just echo what everyone said, was very good. It helps that Blackburn aren't cloggers, but thought he was spot on with his decision making and when to book players.
  • There was a good ref about 3 months ago. I forget which game. Walsall?
  • Leuth said:

There was a good ref about 3 months ago. I forget which game. Walsall?

Yep
    Excellent
  • Leuth said:

There was a good ref about 3 months ago. I forget which game. Walsall?

The Fleetwood home game ref was brilliant.
  • Robert Jones. He was refereeing in the conference league only a year and a half ago. He has since been promoted to the championship this season with a view of possibly going premier league at end of next season. One of the best imo down the valley in a long time
  • edited April 2018
    Lesser refs would have red carded Page for an over zealous challenge on the keeper when a yellow was the correct call.

He was very calm, didn't over react and it wasn't about him. Exactly what you want in a ref
  • edited April 2018
    I like that he played an advantage for something towards the end of the first half and then went back to book the Blackburn player about two minutes later.

Rovers twitter seemed to think it was a booking for dissent because it did look unusual handing out that card at a break in play after everyone had already forgot about the foul - not the ref.
  • I like that he played an advantage for something towards the end of the first half and then went back to book the Blackburn player about two minutes later.

Rovers twitter seemed to think it was a bookie for dissent because it did look unusual handing out that card at a break in play after everyone had already forgot about the foul - not the ref.

There was another one where the ball was chipped down the line and Konsa and Amestrong were battling when he blew the whistle, both were confused and it turned out there was a foul back where the ball had been played to Armstrong (it was out of shot so I don't know what happened). I know it sounds simple but we've seen so many refs this season play a two second advantage that even though it went against us it was good refereeing.