Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Were we ordered to play Red Red Robin minimum volume?

It seemed like for a few years, you could hardly here it and we were told that nothing could be done. Yet now WTRRR and other music blares out.

Comments

• Seth will be here soon to back me up :smile:
  • Actually it was pretty low on Saturday, you could hardly hear it

I blame the new owners
  • Wasn't a big fan of "I'm into something good" at full time yesterday, despite liking it when we sing the chant.

Seemed to briefly kill the atmosphere that had just built up.

Yep. This should never happen again.
  • Seth will be here soon to back me up :smile:

Totally.
  • Wasn't a big fan of "I'm into something good" at full time yesterday, despite liking it when we sing the chant.

Yep, thought exactly the same. Covered End was singing something else but it had no chance of spreading as the music was so loud. Always best when the crowd noise is organic
    Old Trafford, things can only get better :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Although everyone over 35 knows it’s red and white army

But I’m sure everyone’s singing Red Army

Why on the e i e i e i o , up the football league we go , when we win promotion, this is what we’ll sing , e i e I e i o up the football league we go

Surely it’s .......when we win promotion,, this is what we’ll sing , we are the Charlton , super Charlton , Bowyer is our king , e i e i e i o

We want Roland out say we want Roland out?
  • They used to play congratulations at the Valley in about 83 or 84 when we won.

One of my earliest memories of Charlton that,

I'm into something good is dreadful with or without music please not in the future.
  • I think Red Red Robin is a great song, and i'm surprised by the lack of people joining in. Also surely Lee Bowyers Red .army fits a lot better than Red and White army.
  • I'd personally like red red robin at full time if we win and still at the start of course

It's a tradition in Australian sport that the winning club's theme song is played after the final siren/whistle. The players then sing the song once they're back in the dressing room.

90,000 Richmond fans belting out "Yellow and black" after a win at the MCG is quite a sight and sound.

Red Red Robin doesn't quite have the same sing-a-long quality as some of the older AFL clubs' songs but it would still be good to play it at the final whistle to celebrate a win.
  • The sound system needs an upgrade and has needed one for a while.

As someone who used to be match day DJ when the stadium was full I tried to boost the music as much as I could without distorting it, I think the problem is with a full stadium the sound cannot reverberate as much which has a negative effect. Also different sources of music are louder than others.
  • Sponsored links:

• Glovepup said:

The sound system needs an upgrade and has needed one for a while.

As someone who used to be match day DJ when the stadium was full I tried to boost the music as much as I could without distorting it, I think the problem is with a full stadium the sound cannot reverberate as much which has a negative effect. Also different sources of music are louder than others.

To be honest I would prefer background music when I first arrive. I want to chat to my mates about all things Charlton and catch up. Trying to shout over the music is a pain.

After the players have returned to the dressing room after the warm up is the time to get the atmosphere going, including of course the announcement of the teams.
  • Maybe somebody could make an updated version!
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Wasn't a big fan of "I'm into something good" at full time yesterday, despite liking it when we sing the chant.

Yep, thought exactly the same. Covered End was singing something else but it had no chance of spreading as the music was so loud. Always best when the crowd noise is organic
    Old Trafford, things can only get better :-)
    Unfortunately, the second half started and things could only get worse against the 10 men.
  • bobmunro said:

Glovepup said:

The sound system needs an upgrade and has needed one for a while.

I believe RD spent millions upgrading the sound system - but didn't bother to put a plug on it.
  • Redrobo said:

They seem totally incapable of adjusting the volume to suit the number of fans in the stadium. The other week it was so loud 30 minutes before kick off it made your ears hurt. Genuinely painful. Saturday you could not hear much.

If only we knew someone involved in electronics that could invent something that could both raise and lower the volume quickly and easily.

Like a fader on a mixing desk, or a mouse on a laptop :-)
    Don't think anyone's ever done a soundcheck, or they would surely have noticed that the PA is inaudible in much of the lower west- not sure how that is compliant with any safety certificate, were there to be any emergency announcement.
  • I often wonder if it is actually tested in advance of matches. The tannoy system that is. God forbid if there was a crisis in the stadium.
    Only slightly related, but folks at other clubs are poor in prep too. On ifollow the start is often taken up with getting the cameras into focus and steady which should already have been done before the coverage begins.
    The RRR is sacred and I and others around me join in fully.
  • I prefer it played VERY LOUDLY to wake all the old buggers up, especially Seth ;-)

Oh and what @Glovepup said - The amps (in the Jimmy Seed, East and West) are about 22-23 years old now, no longer produced and trip over a lot. The amps in the North were never powerful enough anyway, they put in a substandard system to save money. The whole system has to be replaced soon, hopefully that would have been picked up during due diligence.
  • BDL said:

I prefer it played VERY LOUDLY to wake all the old buggers up, especially Seth ;-)

Oh and what @Glovepup said - The amps (in the Jimmy Seed, East and West) are about 22-23 years old now, no longer produced and trip over a lot. The amps in the North were never powerful enough anyway, they put in a substandard system to save money. The whole system has to be replaced soon, hopefully that would have been picked up during due diligence.

I could solo sing RRR and be louder than the present system!
  • BDLBDL
    edited May 2018
    seth plum said:

BDL said:

I prefer it played VERY LOUDLY to wake all the old buggers up, especially Seth ;-)

I could solo sing RRR and be louder than the present system!
    It could be arranged ;-) (When the old git has gone of course!)