Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Valley Atmosphere since...

124»

Comments

• Has the cardiff game won the poll yet?
  • Ipswich '98 play-off was electric.

Yeah that parking cone was still on the club shop roof 10 years later :smile:
  • We beat Palace 1 - 0 in the promotion season of 74/75 in front of 26,104 if I remember correctly

Wow, my memory is getting bad, of course it was 1-0. Banging 3 in must have been wishful thinking on my behalf

It was indeed, a great night & a great ending with the street choca outside the Royal Oak & somebody thought it was a good idea to bring the Ipswich team coach down & past the R. Oak.
    Narrow street, cars parked, supporters wandering in the road made it a painfully slow journey for Ipswich. All the Charlton boys sportingly showed their sympathetic side ............ WEMBERLEEEE, WEMBERLEEE, WE'RE THE FAMOUS CHARLTON ATHLETIC & WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY ......... happy days :smiley:

It was indeed, a great night & a great ending with the street choca outside the Royal Oak & somebody thought it was a good idea to bring the Ipswich team coach down & past the R. Oak.
    Narrow street, cars parked, supporters wandering in the road made it a painfully slow journey for Ipswich. All the Charlton boys sportingly showed their sympathetic side ............ WEMBERLEEEE, WEMBERLEEE, WE'RE THE FAMOUS CHARLTON ATHLETIC & WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY ......... happy days :smiley:
    I chased their coach down the road to wave goodbye.
  • I'm sure not on the level of some mentioned, but Charlton 1-0 Leeds under Parky with a Akpo Sodjie last minute goal. Sheer class
  • For excitement it has to be the last 10 minutes of the 15th May 2005.
  • Great atmosphere on Saturday.

However, I have been singing the e i e i e i o song since our flirtation with the play offs in 91/92 but why are we the only fans in the entire league that don’t sing the last line of the song?

Does my absolute nut in that! Wouldn’t say it ruined the day but if does bloody infuriate me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Posted on other thread

Although everyone over 35 knows it’s red and white army

But I’m sure everyone’s singing Red Army

Why on the e i e i e i o , up the football league we go , when we win promotion, this is what we’ll sing , e i e I e i o up the football league we go

Surely it’s .......when we win promotion,, this is what we’ll sing , we are the Charlton , super Charlton , Bowyer is our king , e i e i e i o

• We are up there with the chuffiest singing fans ever , all songs copied and sung at shit speeds , still better than nothing
  • Good times they may be returning , slagging off our support soon to be the flavour of the day .

Ipswich play off was a favourite of mine .

Saturday was good very good