Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Valley Cafe

edited May 2018 in General Charlton
It's been given a one (out of five) hygiene rating by Greenwich Council.

Few more here too newsshopper.co.uk/news/16238072.These_are_the_Greenwich_restaurants_and_cafes_with_food_hygiene_scores_of_one_or_zero/#gallery19

Comments

• Wimpy in Eltham High Street 1 out of 5 as well.
    Tut Tut.
  • Why is the shop next to it shut on matchdays? Has it closed permanantly?

I'm sure i read somewhere that shop next to it was going to be a chicken/burger and chip shop and they had applied to have tables outside.

I'm sure i read somewhere that shop next to it was going to be a chicken/burger and chip shop and they had applied to have tables outside.
    Well there is a massive shortage of chicken/burger places around isn't there...
  • I was in a cafe just off Golden Square once and the woman buttering the bread, sneezed into her hands, before carrying on without washing em, I thoroughly enjoyed that bread and butter that day

Gross.
  • I was in a cafe just off Golden Square once and the woman buttering the bread, sneezed into her hands, before carrying on without washing em, I thoroughly enjoyed that bread and butter that day

Gross.
    She was an older lady with gun disease and a skin complaint an all
  • Sponsored links:

Gross.
    So she was mixing her eczema shed skin with the grated cheese ? Double gross.

Well there is a massive shortage of chicken/burger places around isn't there...
    You can never have enough mate :wink:
  • Has anyone tried the Caribbean place next to the fish and chip shop? Any good?

Gross.
    The posh cafes call that Parmesan mate!!! :wink:
  • TelMc32 said:

I was in a cafe just off Golden Square once and the woman buttering the bread, sneezed into her hands, before carrying on without washing em, I thoroughly enjoyed that bread and butter that day

Gross.
    Surely that's off the feet ? :smile:
  • Not surprised at all.
  • It’s actually quite disgusting. I think that anywhere scoring 1 or 0 needs 48 hours to improve or be closed down.
  • Bloody hell have my pre-match brekkie there every home match.
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:

I was in a cafe just off Golden Square once and the woman buttering the bread, sneezed into her hands, before carrying on without washing em, I thoroughly enjoyed that bread and butter that day

Gross.
    Surely that's off the feet ? :smile:
    Or in @DaveMehmet ‘s case, another part of his anatomy.
    Duck butter on the menu?
  • The scoring criteria differs from council to council but a 3 stars is considered a poor score amongst chefs, to get 1 means something bad was found.

You can have a clean sparkling kitchen but if fail to do the necessary temperature checks and records you will fail.
  • The scoring criteria differs from council to council but a 3 stars is considered a poor score amongst chefs, to get 1 means something bad was found.

You can have a clean sparkling kitchen but if fail to do the necessary temperature checks and records you will fail.

Sounds like you need to get down there and give them a hand!
  • What did they get the 1 for then?
  • edited May 2018
    Surely the borough has more establishments with 0 or 1 ratings than the News shopper article suggests?
  • What did they get the 1 for then?

Only 1 cockroach found.
  • The Star Inn on Plumstead Common Road was mentioned! As was Zeytin in Greenwich, which I love going to. Didn't have the best experience there last time, but I mainly put that down to my wife walking out after an argument, before the main meal and the staff asking me where she'd got to. A bit awkward :disappointed: . Anyway...

She came around mine feller.....

Soz :wink: