Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD renews call for fans not to buy season tickets before takeover is confirmed

Comments

• Is any season ticket money going to make the slightest difference to Rolands wealth,of course not,it probably wont even register on his bank statement.People will do what they want to do,me,I just want to watch and support the team,could not care less about who owns the club.

I understand people renewing and wanting to support the team etc but to say that you could not care less about who owns the club says to me that you in fact don’t care for the future of the club at all.
    Spot on.
  • Is any season ticket money going to make the slightest difference to Rolands wealth,of course not,it probably wont even register on his bank statement.People will do what they want to do,me,I just want to watch and support the team,could not care less about who owns the club.

Thanks Colin .
  • I have 9 tickets so not that easy to move along a few seats
  • edited May 2018
    SE23 said:

CARD said:

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) has urged Charlton fans not to gift the current owner a leaving present, which it believes could be the effect of purchasing a 2018/19 season ticket before the sale of the club is finalised.

The Addicks recently put season tickets back on sale until the end of the month, claiming that some fans had missed out because their phones were busy on the original deadline day of May 7th.

A CARD spokesperson said: “We are very optimistic that the club will be taken over by new owners in the near future, but it hasn’t happened yet.

“Anyone tempted to buy a season ticket now should be aware of the risk that Duchatelet will benefit from their money rather than the incoming administration. It may go in his pocket, not to support new owners’ plans for next season.

“There is also a risk that Duchatelet takes your money and then decides not to go through with the sale of the club, which could mean you are committed to paying to watch a team which is then stripped of its better players.

“CARD welcomes the prospect of new owners and once they are confirmed to be in place we hope as many people as possible will sign up for season tickets, but we would strongly caution against buying now because there are no guarantees where your money will go.

“Don’t risk giving Duchatelet a leaving gift he doesn’t deserve.”

CARD said:

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) has urged Charlton fans not to gift the current owner a leaving present, which it believes could be the effect of purchasing a 2018/19 season ticket before the sale of the club is finalised.

The Addicks recently put season tickets back on sale until the end of the month, claiming that some fans had missed out because their phones were busy on the original deadline day of May 7th.

A CARD spokesperson said: “We are very optimistic that the club will be taken over by new owners in the near future, but it hasn’t happened yet.

“Anyone tempted to buy a season ticket now should be aware of the risk that Duchatelet will benefit from their money rather than the incoming administration. It may go in his pocket, not to support new owners’ plans for next season.

“There is also a risk that Duchatelet takes your money and then decides not to go through with the sale of the club, which could mean you are committed to paying to watch a team which is then stripped of its better players.

“CARD welcomes the prospect of new owners and once they are confirmed to be in place we hope as many people as possible will sign up for season tickets, but we would strongly caution against buying now because there are no guarantees where your money will go.

“Don’t risk giving Duchatelet a leaving gift he doesn’t deserve.”

A Card spokesman?! Hahaha! I wonder who that may be?!
    Nice try
  • There's even someone wetting emselves dishing out Charlton Life flags now PMSL

Someone round me up to 40 please.

• Thankyou for your various responses,yes I do care for the future of the club,I just feel that protests and staying away have no effect on Roland whatsoever,he is rich enough to not have to worry about any expense involved with Charlton.I hate seeing the empty seats at the Valley knowing what a great atmosphere could be created if everyone turned up.For your information I am now in my 65th year of supporting charlton so have seen many changes in that time,believe me I did my bit to get us back to the Valley.I also endured many crap seasons under equally crap owners.(Mike Glikstein,Mark Hulyer e.g.)So I have had my fill of Football politics and just want to try and enjoy watching the team play.
  • Sponsored links:

• I understand “thick and thin63”. The issue with RD is he and KM were quite happy to antagonise fans and run the club down.
    It is not really football politics, I think we want to watch a team play that represents us the fans, care about the club with a long term aim/aspiration of being successful.
    Under RD/ KM we have seen many useless players that should have been no where near the club.
    I hope we are getting near the end of RD and his control of the club, all the time he is there the enjoyment of Charlton has gone, and I am not happy about that!
  • Thankyou for your various responses,yes I do care for the future of the club,I just feel that protests and staying away have no effect on Roland whatsoever,he is rich enough to not have to worry about any expense involved with Charlton.I hate seeing the empty seats at the Valley knowing what a great atmosphere could be created if everyone turned up.For your information I am now in my 65th year of supporting charlton so have seen many changes in that time,believe me I did my bit to get us back to the Valley.I also endured many crap seasons under equally crap owners.(Mike Glikstein,Mark Hulyer e.g.)So I have had my fill of Football politics and just want to try and enjoy watching the team play.

All the more reason to not give your money to RD and wait a couple of weeks.

It's more than understandable if your aged 70+, that you are not into demonstrating.
    Demonstrators are more LIKELY to be somewhat younger.
    However, it is 100% wrong to say that protests have had no effect, because Duchatelet himself has said that they do.
    I think a lack of being able to keep up with the FACTS, is the issue.

Anyway, hopefully he'll be gone soon and we can try and reunite as a fan base once again.

Thanks for supporting Charlton for 65 years.

It's more than understandable if your aged 70+, that you are not into demonstrating.
    Demonstrators are more LIKELY to be somewhat younger.
    However, it is 100% wrong to say that protests have had no effect, because Duchatelet himself has said that they do.
    I think a lack of being able to keep up with the FACTS, is the issue.

Anyway, hopefully he'll be gone soon and we can try and reunite as a fan base once again.

Thanks for supporting Charlton for 65 years.
    He gets thanks I get told to shut up.
  • We have to book our seats in case someone takes them. Where is the queue for your seat exactly.
  • To Covered end,I would like nothing better than for our fan base to unite again,I have friends the same age as me who are boycotting,we have fallen out after a 55/60 year friendship,as our opinions differ so much,who is right I dont know,but football support was never meant to be like this.
  • edited May 2018

Haters gotta hate. Don’t bite

Have a day off
    No protests last season , now asking us not to buy season tickets but if Rolands still here start of the season itll be from card lets see how the season starts
  • To Covered end,I would like nothing better than for our fan base to unite again,I have friends the same age as me who are boycotting,we have fallen out after a 55/60 year friendship,as our opinions differ so much,who is right I dont know,but football support was never meant to be like this.

As soon as the takeover is in place get back in touch with your friends and arrange season tickets with each other again.

I am sure you all will forgive and forget.

COYR.
  • I will and hope you are right,and that we can all pull together and get out of this poxy division
  • Sponsored links:

• Another thread that is sure to end up with fans pointing fingers at eachother and bickering. As long as he's definitely going, who gives a fuck if he (might) earn an extra few grand on st sale.

I'm not convinced that st sales translates into dough in Rocunt's pocket anyway, but if it does it'll be the best few grand the club has ever spent if you ask me

A lot of people give a f*** if they are going to give money to Duchatelet.

Why give it to that c*** when we can give it to people who will put it to good use? The team and a promotion charge.
    My point is that, by now, most fans have made their minds up when they're gonna renew their st's and some have done so already. So imo this "request" is futile and will just go towards causing more rowing, as it has done.

On top of all that, I'm 100% cartain that he won't get the dough for 2018/19 season tickets, unless the sale isn't completed of course.

• Another thread that is sure to end up with fans pointing fingers at eachother and bickering. As long as he's definitely going, who gives a fuck if he (might) earn an extra few grand on st sale.

I'm not convinced that st sales translates into dough in Rocunt's pocket anyway, but if it does it'll be the best few grand the club has ever spent if you ask me

A lot of people give a f*** if they are going to give money to Duchatelet.

Why give it to that c*** when we can give it to people who will put it to good use? The team and a promotion charge.
    My point is that, by now, most fans have made their minds up when they're gonna renew their st's and some have done so already. So imo this "request" is futile and will just go towards causing more rowing, as it has done.

On top of all that, I'm 100% cartain that he won't get the dough for 2018/19 season tickets, unless the sale isn't completed of course.

Why are you "100% cartain"?
  • There's even someone wetting emselves dishing out Charlton Life flags now PMSL

Someone round me up to 40 please.

There you go.
  • cabbie8 said:

I have 9 tickets so not that easy to move along a few seats

I must be lucky, or very unpopular, as there are about five empty seats either side of us.

No quips please.
  • edited May 2018

se9addick said:

Surely any season ticket sales this summer - whether they fall pre or post takeover - will be factored into the sale price?

Well you would of thought so.
    Can you imagine if we sold 22, 000 season tickets this week for the 2018/19 season before the sale of the club and next week we have new owners with Roland walking away with the takings? Nah neither can I .
    Ridiculous request by card surely.
    Not ridiculous more tactical IMHO

The deal isn't done but let's assume it will be soon. A huge spike in sales AFTER a takeover sends a message to the new owners that the fans are behind them.

there is not going to be a price rise and reserved seats are safe for now so why rush?

se9addick said:

Surely any season ticket sales this summer - whether they fall pre or post takeover - will be factored into the sale price?

Well you would of thought so.
    Can you imagine if we sold 22, 000 season tickets this week for the 2018/19 season before the sale of the club and next week we have new owners with Roland walking away with the takings? Nah neither can I .
    Ridiculous request by card surely.
    Not ridiculous more tactical IMHO

The deal isn't done but let's assume it will be soon. A huge spike in sales AFTER a takeover sends a message to the new owners that the fans are behind them.

there is not going to be a price rise and reserved seats are safe for now so why rush?
    Fair enough as a show of support to the new owners I’d go along with that but to say I am not giving Roland my money for NEXT season because it will line his pocket! is a little bit untruthful.
    Did you know that if you voted brexit 750 million pounds could be spent on the NHS.
  • edited May 2018

To Covered end,I would like nothing better than for our fan base to unite again,I have friends the same age as me who are boycotting,we have fallen out after a 55/60 year friendship,as our opinions differ so much,who is right I dont know,but football support was never meant to be like this.

I always thought football was a much simpler business back in the day @thickandthin63 . But even in Jimmy Seed's time there some behind the scenes shenanigans going on, as our wonderful museum is about to reveal.
    Seriously, these revelations will knock your socks off.
  • If the goal above all else is to get rid of RD, this move is simply common sense, in my opinion. Any uptick in ST sales simply gives him more leverage in the case of any hiccup.
  • For what it's worth, there was a strong feeling within CARD that we should issue this statement. On balance I was against it, not because I disagree with the sentiment - I just didn't think it was worthwhile at this stage. But part of being in a coalition is that you accept the majority call the shots.

Given the above I am laughing at the usual muppets trying to stir up shit against me over it. As so often, they haven’t got a clue.

You’re just a poor man’s doucher
  • For what it's worth, there was a strong feeling within CARD that we should issue this statement. On balance I was against it, not because I disagree with the sentiment - I just didn't think it was worthwhile at this stage. But part of being in a coalition is that you accept the majority call the shots.

Given the above I am laughing at the usual muppets trying to stir up shit against me over it. As so often, they haven’t got a clue.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Please continue with updates as you see fit Rick.