Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton @ my hotel

I’ve always been a bit of a lurker on here coming to this site for CAFC news, but feel I should break my silence for a bit of fun as I am on holiday in Portugal and at my hotel today they have put up a sign welcoming Charlton Athletic to my hotel . . .

Comments

• Don't forget to eavesdrop , to find out the date when the take over's happening !!
  • danwhicks said:

Haha, I don’t want to bother people but if I spot players at the bar I will try and start a conversation and judge if it’s ok to pester them
    It’s a nice hotel to be fair, no Charlton players are here until this evening at about 8pm
    I’m hoping to watch the England game with them tomorrow

Please don't try and strike up a conversation in the toilets.
  • Did you bring your boots, and can you play right back?
  • Sponsored links:

• danwhicks said:

I’ve got a couple of pairs of trainers and I’m left footed!
    Bowyer and a few of the players are here, I stopped and stared like a proper stalker and my wife just called me a loser for not asking for pictures

Definitely speak to them!
  • Just go and have a chat with them as I’m sure they will be delighted to find an addick amongst their midst and they are jolly decent chaps (do not mention McDonalds).
  • danwhicks said:

I’ve got a couple of pairs of trainers and I’m left footed!
    Bowyer and a few of the players are here, I stopped and stared like a proper stalker and my wife just called me a loser for not asking for pictures

That's good, we need cover at left back as well.

Actually, we pretty much need cover everywhere.

How are you in goal?
  • If I go in goal, Charltons players will definitely begin the season with a lot of false confidence that anything they get on target will probably result in a goal
  • Where are you staying mate?
  • Whereabouts?. Just boarded a train from Lisbon heading for Alberfera. Got my trainers with me
  • Yeah....... where is the hotel and what’s it’s name?
  • Sponsored links:

• danwhicks said:

It’s a nice hotel in sunny Portugal for the players to bond and bed in, I’ll ask them about the takeover once I’ve spoken with them but I think it would be a bit shit if I start advertising where they’re staying as I’m guessing they’ve come here for a bit of privacy

Richard murray doesn't ever seem to know what's going on, so i'd be surprised if the players do.
  • edited July 2018
    danwhicks said:

danwhicks said:

It’s a nice hotel in sunny Portugal for the players to bond and bed in, I’ll ask them about the takeover once I’ve spoken with them but I think it would be a bit shit if I start advertising where they’re staying as I’m guessing they’ve come here for a bit of privacy

or more to the point, too embarrassed to admit you booked 2 star self catering
    Ha! I checked into my 2 man tent in the Portuguese camping park and suddenly a bunch of CAFC players rocked up asking if I’d accept an IOU

Were they looking for breakfast?
  • danwhicks said:

Yep , I could see at least 500 Charlton trying to plot up outside the hotel , hassling for autographs and memorabilia If you let slip where they’re staying .
    Such is the draw of this world renowned League One outfit .
    Discretion is the better part of valour in this instance .
    Said someone who’s not on holiday for the next couple of weeks at a hotel along with the football team he supports and preparing to go to work tomorrow