Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• No surprise there then
  • Bloody hell. We’re such a mess.
  • edited July 2018
    Oh great. So exciting being an Addick these days.

And why is Bowyer talking about Sat v Sunderland as though it was in a few days when it is still two and a half weeks away?
  • edited July 2018

And why is Bowyer talking about Sat v Sunderland as though it was in a few days when it is still two and a half weeks away?

My fault that, he’s referring to Crawley this Saturday in that bit. Will make that clearer.
  • Oh great. So exciting being an Addick these days.

I think "Saturday" refers to the friendly against Crawley.

• Oh just fuck off Charlton - seriously. We are a total joke.

How can we be resorting to signing players who - with 3 weeks still to go before the first game - won’t be ready.

How the feck is he not ready? It’s three bloody weeks time!

Two weeks and three days actually. Still plenty of time to sell a couple of players for cash ;-)
  • edited July 2018
    LouisMend said:

My fault that, he’s referring to Crawley this Saturday in that bit. Will make that clearer.
    Thanks, Louis. But the essence of the story still remains that Bowyer says he will not be ready for the first competitive fixture. Joke of a football club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Worked well with Reeves last year I guess... oh.

And this year, I presume.
  • So if he misses the pre season games a d is not ready now when will he start? September, October, 12th of never?
  • Laughable. What a joke.
  • Don’t panic folks, could be a bit of bluff from Mr Bowyer, keep the oppo guessing.
  • If he's 33 and came second in the team running test, then how the fuck can he not be ready to play a football match in two and a half weeks time? We have 3 more friendlies to get him ready.

Also doesn't say much for our squad if they're getting beaten by an unfit 33 year old.

However looking at the bigger picture, rushing him to play in a game when he isn't ready is pointless, i'd rather he took the extra week and was ready for Shrewsbury.
  • Absolute joke!no reason why he couldn't at least be on the bench ffs

This time last year we were still 2 weeks and a day away from Reeves signing!
  • At last, a manager that understands that spending a bit of time kicking the ball about with your team mates in a match or two before the season starts is equally important as being fit. It pisses me off when we start the season and our players look like it’s the first time they’ve met their team mates and kicked a football in months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Every time I think my expectations for this season couldn’t get any lower...
  • “Darren is in good shape. It’s just the football, he’s going to be rusty with the ball, so he won’t be playing against Sunderland. He’s got to catch up and get himself ready.

“There’s no point chucking him in the deep end and getting him injured at Sunderland. He won’t start against Sunderland but we will try to get him as many minutes as possible during pre-season.

“I want to chuck him in and amongst the lads as soon as possible. Saturday is probably too soon but he might get some minutes on Tuesday.”

I’m not sure everything adds up here, it’s all very contradictory. He’s in good shape, he’s 2nd in the fitness tests but he’s not kicked a ball and needs minutes. But he’s not being played in the friendlies against non league teams which would give those minutes.

He’s been kicking a ball for nearly 30 years. What’s he missed out on, a month? It’s not like he missed all of last season and needs to slowly build.

Strange one

We probably can’t afford his appearance fees!
  • If he's 33 and came second in the team running test, then how the fuck can he not be ready to play a football match in two and a half weeks time? We have 3 more friendlies to get him ready.

Also doesn't say much for our squad if they're getting beaten by an unfit 33 year old.

However looking at the bigger picture, rushing him to play in a game when he isn't ready is pointless, i'd rather he took the extra week and was ready for Shrewsbury.

this all day long, how the fuck with over 2 weeks to go, can he not be fit enough
  • Could be a bluff.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see him play a part at Sunderland
  • the more I read Bowyer's quotes the less I understand.
  • REALLY? This club is full of surprises...

We are on chapter 4 already of the manual

"Great Charlton meh! seasons"
  • so we've bought a player who cant remember how to kick a football around?

We’ve bought a player who won’t have played a competitive game for a couple of months and who hasn’t been kicking a ball around with his new teammates