Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Spot on IMO
  • So Pearce is captain as he will be wearing the armband lol.

Do all clubs have a team captain and a club captain, seems strange to me.

It feels like they are trying to give Solly something as he has spent his career with us, but they also know he wont play much due to injury.
  • Best of both worlds. Bang on.

It feels like they are trying to give Solly something as he has spent his career with us, but they also know he wont play much due to injury.

Jackson was Club Captain | Solly was Team Captain last year

Even when Jackson came off the bench a few times he didnt get given the armband if Solly was playing

A lot of clubs do it Paulie.

Well it’s like the last couple of seasons, Jacko was club captain and was captain whenever he was on the pitch. However it was accepted he wouldn’t play regularly (im sure like solly due to injuries) so solly would be captain in his absence.
  • edited July 2018

So Pearce is captain as he will be wearing the armband lol.

More that Pearce is a more natural captain but Solly also has a lot to offer and is our only long serving player now.

i think Solly will play most game this season and as first choice.
  • In agreement with this but Pearce's injury record is not that great so who takes the armband in his and Solly's absence then Pratley?
  • edited July 2018
    RedChaser said:

In agreement with this but Pearce's injury record is not that great so who takes the armband in his and Solly's absence then Pratley?

Forster-Caskey was Captain when we lost to Gillingham at the Valley
    Bauer (no gaurantee he'll stay) was Captain when we played away @ Fleetwood and home against Peterborough
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018

RedChaser said:

In agreement with this but Pearce's injury record is not that great so who takes the armband in his and Solly's absence then Pratley?

Bauer (no gaurantee he'll stay) was Captain when we played away @ Fleetwood and home against Peterborough
    Not an auspicious start for JFC then. :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

We used 8 captains last year if I remember correctly. Holmes had a go, Aribo in the check yourself cup etc.
  • Magennis was captain for the PSF against Brighton...
  • sam3110 said:

Magennis was captain for the PSF against Brighton...

Led by example and scored? Oh hang on a minute. :wink:

More that Pearce is a more natural captain but Solly also has a lot to offer and is our only long serving player now.

i think Solly will play most game this season and as first choice.
    Isnt Dillon Phillips up there as well though as one of the longest serving?

Not in terms of appearances yet has been on the bench for a few years now (Other than his Cheltenham loan)
  • so who is vice team captain and who is vice club captain?
  • RedChaser said:

sam3110 said:

Haha just pointing out there's been a few that have taken the armband in recent times when Solly, Pearce and Jackson haven't been playing, Magennis, Bauer, JFC, Aribo, Holmes... I could also see Pratley being a captain if needed
  • so who is vice team captain and who is vice club captain?

Floyd and Harvey
  • sam3110 said:

RedChaser said:

sam3110 said:

Haha just pointing out there's been a few that have taken the armband in recent times when Solly, Pearce and Jackson haven't been playing, Magennis, Bauer, JFC, Aribo, Holmes... I could also see Pratley being a captain if needed
    I know, I was jesting, really there should be eleven captains on the pitch in every game.
  • Sponsored links:

• The right call, though something of a fudge as it avoids taking the captaincy from Solly, which would be awkward. Pearce is the clear leader on the pitch, I imagine Pratley would be next in line
  • edited July 2018
    I may be misremembering, but wasn't Graham Stuart our club captain when he was with us?
  • There are not any hard and fast rules - personally I think it is good, especially if club and team captain get on well.
  • edited July 2018
    He scores with his arse

He scores with his ar - se

Jason Pearce he scores with his arse
  • edited July 2018
    clive said:
    Sounds a bit like Froome/Thomas a week ago. Leader in name - leader in reality.
  • edited July 2018

so who is vice team captain and who is vice club captain?

Floyd and Harvey
    can never have a serious debate with you,no way are they gonna give it to Harvey,get real !!!
  • I never knew clubs do this.
  • Seems like some anonymous person at the club is making some sensible decisions, wonder who that might be?
  • While Pearce is injured, who does this? Deji seems to be made of the right stuff. I mentioned Williams but I don't think he'll play enough minutes. 
  • Leuth said:
    While Pearce is injured, who does this? Deji seems to be made of the right stuff. I mentioned Williams but I don't think he'll play enough minutes. 
    Pratley will be up there... Amos or Phillips perhaps?