Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Posting on the site - Problems

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
I have been having all sorts of trouble posting on the site lately anyone else had problems?

Comments

• I cannot access the site at home???
  • Signed me out automatically a few minutes ago but now seems to be ok
  • Wasn't like this on Netaddicks...

:o)

In all seriousness, this 'new' design does seem to be fraught with more little problems than the old one (logging you at randomly, that little skull 7 crossbones thing, drafts being saved every minute (which is a real pain on my BB) etc) but none of them are a major pain.
  • I find that I can post a comment on one subject when logged in and then for no apparent reason the next comment regardless of how innocuous it is will not post
  • It's very hard to progress when you don't experience the issues yourself. The bulk of my usage now is via mobile view, and I don't seem to have many issues.

If anyone does have any problems, the best way forward is to note what has happened, take a screenshot and paste it in an Inbox message to me and Lookout, or an email to admin@charltonlife.com

I agree things are far from perfect, but its hard to respond to issues without a decent description or view what the issue is.

• Well my issue is simple. People keep disagreeing with me!

What's a Screenshot!???

• my iphone won't sign into the site, no errors or anything, just sign in/ or keep me signed in
  • my iphone won't sign into the site, no errors or anything, just sign in/ or keep me signed in
    Take the hint.
  • I can view the site perfectly when viewing but when typing a post it takes ages for the letters to appear. Any idea why?
  • edited January 2012

I am a middle aged, verging on elderly, luddite.

I have found transferring to google chrome for the purposes of viewing Charlton life has solved many of the problems I had such as being unable to edit posts and thus appearing even more illiterate than normal.

Might help a few others possibly.

• Sponsored links:

• I can view the site perfectly when viewing but when typing a post it takes ages for the letters to appear. Any idea why?
    You're slow at typing?
    Take the hint.

works fine on pc, are we anti apple? :)
  • works fine on iMac and iPad using Safari
  • It's very hard to progress when you don't experience the issues yourself. The bulk of my usage now is via mobile view, and I don't seem to have many issues. If anyone does have any problems, the best way forward is to note what has happened, take a screenshot and paste it in an Inbox message to me and Lookout, or an email to admin@charltonlife.com I agree things are far from perfect, but its hard to respond to issues without a decent description or view what the issue is.
    I can't get in via mobile unless on WiFi, although sometimes get in via Google.  Often get a message about "problems with the security certificate of this site".  Also virus ruined two office PCs before we upgraded McAfee s/w.
    Same here
  • I unwittingly downloaded GoogleChrome onto my work PC and had a posse of IT engineers rush to my desk within minutes. They went mental and un-installed it straight away. No idea why but something like it would cause problems throughout the company. Hence I also suffer from slow type appearing. In fact I finished this post some minutes ago and am now watching it appear.  I unwittingly downloaded....... see!
  • Any reason why twitter posts don't embed in the post now?

Only seeing the links now.

I've got that now as well
  • The 'post your favourite tweets' thread will die a slow and painful death if this isn't resolved.
  • Any twitter post videos won't show. First noticed problem a few weeks ago.
    If I click on them, they just go white.

I have the old google as default, on Internet Explorer (only use google chrome on Microsoft Edge when I know I'm going to need its translation facility)
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else notice the "type your comment" which appears in the box now?

yes

Type your comment
    No
  • Your comment
  • I followed the instructions. Now what?
  • Off_it said:

I followed the instructions. Now what?

It's beyond me.

Great you're all seeing what I usually see :joy:
    I can only see Twitter links rather than the actuall content unless I turn my VPN app on (and sometimes it doesn't work), because Twitter is blocked here.
  • Looks like @JessieAddick has put her finger on the answer - it's foreign powers hacking the crucial infrastructure of Great Britain (otherwise known as Charlton Life) :smiley:
  • I have been having all sorts of trouble posting on the site lately anyone else had problems?

Maybe use the Troubleshooting category.
  • edited August 2018
    In the 'Leave a Comment' box, I am now getting a pre-typed 'Type your comment' message.

I know how it works thanks but am not sure if it's a threat from the mods that you have to type something now and not lurk.

I'm scared.