Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Accrington 1 CAFC 1 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Great point
  • Options
    Meh.

*shrugs shoulders and forgets*
  • Options
    Video with John Coleman here... http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/
  • Options

I could see grown men with a tear in their eyes at a lifetime ambition finally fulfilled ... Accrington Stanley!, another one ticked off the 92.

Seb was there, Headphones Norm looked like he’d treated himself to a pair of new headphones, and for 79 minutes, life was good.

But then boom, a late equaliser, and the 3 points ebbed away, players trudged off the pitch with thoughts of what might have been.

Still. not all bad news, as I wiped my eyes, & managed to purchase a Accrington Stanley water bottle from the club shop.

Love this.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Like many others I have a sneaking admiration for Accrington Stanley as an underdog club with an illustrious early history, coming back from hard times - a story to which our club's paymasters are doubtless oblivious.

However this empathy does NOT extend to allowing them to hold us to a draw!!

Roland, it is down to you that our squad is so thin and inexperienced - to quote Cromwell in another situation where people had outstayed their welcome *You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

Or, more succinctly, Roland Out Today!

Or how about a good old fashioned...FUCK OFF TODAY...!!!
  • Options

Sounds like (and going by Red Robin's marks) it went to pot when Lapslie went off

Was Lapslie injured?
  • Options

This is how bad it's become. Bloody Accrington Stanley.

It is what it is...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Point will only be a decent one if we can win at home on Tuesday, but I fear that it could be this season's Wigan at home.
  • Options

I could see grown men with a tear in their eyes at a lifetime ambition finally fulfilled ... Accrington Stanley!, another one ticked off the 92.

Seb was there, Headphones Norm looked like he’d treated himself to a pair of new headphones, and for 79 minutes, life was good.

But then boom, a late equaliser, and the 3 points ebbed away, players trudged off the pitch with thoughts of what might have been.

Still. not all bad news, as I wiped my eyes, & managed to purchase a Accrington Stanley water bottle from the club shop.

Perhaps you could have got a set for youth team. I was tempted by the commemorative Accrington v Charlton badges, just for the sheer folly of it. I did wonder, are they actually going to produce those all season or are we seen as big badge-worthy opposition?
  • Options
    Better than nothing but mid table for us I think this season, a lot of teams look considerably stronger this season, pboro and Pompey to name a few
  • Options

This is how bad it's become. Bloody Accrington Stanley.

Who are they?
    Exactly!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Tight game, tight ground, didn't do enough, didn't test their keeper.

Grant might have nicked it
    at the but we weren't good enough.

Might have done better passing rather than trying to shoot from such a narrow angle.
    I meant the free kick at the death
  • Options
    We took the lead against the run of play, but then looked comfortable for an hour. I thought we may have done enough for the win, but after they equalised they were slightly the stronger. A bit of a meh game and 1-1 was about right. 2 trains from Accrington cancelled.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    uie2 said:
    I stopped being angry at poor Charlton results a while ago. Ties in with my lack of emotion since the RD debacle became clear.

All this would change once we get new owners but, until that ill defined date, I'll expect the worst. Without hope supporting a football team means naff all.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

LouisMend said:
    I'm glad that he's not content with the result overall, but when you concede three goal in three games in the 75+ minute, that to me indicates a team lacking in fitness, focus, or both. Something like that happening once you can understand, but it is undeniably a pattern now, and that's something Bowyer needs to work on as the head coach.

What worries me most is that we're doing this in August, fresh off of a preseason where we were working on fitness and tactics. What's going to happen in November and December when physical and mental fatigue set in?
    It really shouldn’t.

• Options

Point will only be a decent one if we can win at home on Tuesday, but I fear that it could be this season's Wigan at home.

We won't Peterborough will be way to good for us, sadly
  • Options
    Highlights... http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11476060/accrington-1-1-charlton

Two notes:
    - Good to see he's confident but why didnt Grant pass to Taylor rather than shoot when he hit the bar
    - Why wasnt Pratley picking up the goalscorer, thought we fell asleep for their goal
  • Options
    Who whipped in the cross for our goal?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

SDAddick said:

LouisMend said:
    I'm glad that he's not content with the result overall, but when you concede three goal in three games in the 75+ minute, that to me indicates a team lacking in fitness, focus, or both. Something like that happening once you can understand, but it is undeniably a pattern now, and that's something Bowyer needs to work on as the head coach.

What worries me most is that we're doing this in August, fresh off of a preseason where we were working on fitness and tactics. What's going to happen in November and December when physical and mental fatigue set in?
    It really shouldn’t.

But it does, it happens to all teams, and it's the ones who can rotate and chop and change and come up with fresh ideas and ways of grinding out wins that do the best. And I'm not convinced we have any of that.
  • Options
    Good to meet @willieduff @blackpool72 and @TelMc among other lifers.

@Addickted was causing trouble as usual.
  • Options

Anyone else have problems watching sky highlights on iPad , I had this last week and today