Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington 1 CAFC 1 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Once again we throw away another lead.

Already we've lost 5 pts from a winning position. That's more points than we have on the board in total.

I bet out of all the times we've gone 1-0 up in League One we've blown it far more times than we've come back from 0-1 down. Not just this season but all throughout the reign of RD. It just highlights the lack of investment to bring in quality to kill off games or hold onto leads.

1-1 having thrown away the lead having failed to kill off the opposition is pretty much symbolic of the RD era. Frustration all round.
  • Real confused by the OS report. Did we have twice as many chances as Accrington?

If Bielik was switched from centre back to midfield at half time, did we play 442 second half? Why did we change that up? That is surely a more offensive line up than having Page/Solly wide with three centre backs.

And did they "equalize against the run of play"? Many saying we barely deserved a point.
  • In the almost certain absence of a takeover this season I'll take 20th now.

Anything better will be a welcome surprise.
  • A win. A loss. A draw.
    4 goals scored, 4 conceded.
    This just screams "mid-table" finish.

And that's where we deserve to be with current situation on and off the field until something gives.
  • To counter some of the rubbish in this thread, I thought Sarr was excellent.

Enjoy the pubs in Accrington?
  • Our last 12 League Matches under Bowyer we have scored 9 goals.
  • Sponsored links:

I see what you’re saying but just remember we’d have only got 3 if Tarbuck was still in charge...
  • edited August 2018
    Not a good day, completely spoilt by the inability of fellow fans to state clearly who supplied the cross for our goal. Their equaliser was a mere anecdote thereafter.

Does that include the playoffs?
  • Shrew said:

shirty5 said:

To counter some of the rubbish in this thread, I thought Sarr was excellent.

Enjoy the pubs in Accrington?
    Sarr had an excellent game, he is by far the best passer out of the defence we have at the moment, he was dominant in the air and set up the move for our goal., really really don't get the derision from some of our supporters.
    Ok, but any comment on the public houses?
  • F@cking never doing accy again
  • F@cking shit journey
  • clb74 said:

F@cking never doing accy again

You home yet mate?
  • Seriously underwhelming. Khazi ground and rubbish trains.
  • So want to get excited about Bowyer as a manager, but we are still lacking the creativity we were last season, you can talk up players all you like but in the end they are what they are and we have Marshall playing instead of Ricky Holmes which apparently was his decision, and waiting for Fosu to come back fit - again. Then there is the substitutions or lack of which is more a concern. He talks a good game, is persuasive on signings, and seems more tactically aware than Gobbo and I guess he’s still learning too in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

Not good enough!!! Using Bowyer's own words!

Anyone else have problems watching sky highlights on iPad , I had this last week and today

Yes, I get the same
  • RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

F@cking never doing accy again

You home yet mate?
    No mate it's alright for you northerners
  • JamesSeed said:

Who whipped in the cross for our goal?

Page
  • _nam11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Who whipped in the cross for our goal?

Page
    Cheers mate.
  • Peterborough looked tasty going forwards on the highlights.

Lots of pace and power. Tuesday night promises to be tough.
  • jac52 said:

Sarr

Tit out
  • We have got tp be pleased with an away draw to Accrington Stanley, did we beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool this century??? Thanks Roland...tramp the dirt down you psycho