Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SPURS OFFER £12M AND CALLUM DAVENPORT FOR DARREN BENT

edited January 2007 in Rumours
just heard spurs have offered the above for darren, the board are holding out for £18m...the player doesn't want to leave but charlton wanna cash in now.

Comments

• where did you hear it?
  • WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    take it if true

(stole it and put on f365, they are usually a knowledgable if weird bunch)
  • After the commitment he's shown us, be more than a shame if we force him out the door. The exact opposite of Parker!
  • obviously can't reveal my source but it's true
  • hmmmmm hate to say it but thats a fairly good deal for us, since he will b sold in summer anyways

but still poss hold out for more reckon we can get closer 15nill and callum
  • so realistically a £13m offer.

can't see us getting much better than that sadly. Depends how much Newcastle or Liverpool want him. Having to pay Ippo a decent cut, i'd be willing to skew it more to taking other players.
  • never question a players loyalty again, as you can see here it cut's both ways.....
  • jOHNSON the diver went for 7.5m so I reckon 12m plus Davenport would be acceptable.
  • i like Davenport, think he would be a decent player
  • Poor fella must be gutted, having to move somewhere else when you dont want to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Offering their cast offs plus cash, I'd turn it down flat. If they offer cash plus someone we actually need/want then reconsider. Still do not think they are offering a fair market price, but they are defo getting closer.
  • 12mil, burbatov and Mido!
  • oohaahmortimer, Vets football??

Who are you KIDDING.
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Poor fella must be gutted, having to move somewhere else when you dont want to.

I'm sure he'll get a nice signing on bonus....
  • if that is a genuine offer, it seems more than fair, but surely selling bent would be seen as accepting relegation? As replacing his goals would now be very difficult as any player likely to be able to do this will be in demand anyway?

I'd have thought it's essential you keep Bent, as even if you were relegated there would still be a number of clubs after him, which guarantees you a good price for him anyway.

Andy Johnson is good example despite being relegated and playing another season in the Championship we still got 8.7 million for him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Poor fella must be gutted, having to move somewhere else when you dont want to.

I'm sure he'll get a nice signing on bonus....

Don't they tend to get a severance payout as well if they're sold against their wishes???
  • Bent's loyalty might be helping us to get more than we could otherwise be getting (never mind his real value, what we negotiate is his value), he signed a new deal in the summer and has in public said repeatedly he doesn't want to move, that is helping to push his price up.

If Bent goes now at least we have after Ipswich's pay-off the money and the time to get in say Nugent, Stokes and a midfielder, plus Davenport isn't a bad acquisition. What's at stake isn't what money Bent goes for, but what we do with the money we receive.
  • yeah they get fair bit of contract paid up aswell, althou bentys a nice fella mayb he'll refuse it!!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Poor fella must be gutted, having to move somewhere else when you dont want to.[/quote]

I'm sure he'll get a nice signing on bonus....[/quote]

Don't they tend to get a severance payout as well if they're sold against their wishes???[/quote]

Golden Handshake...

Reading between the lines we 'want' £17/18mil but will take £15 mil.
  • Would prefer Defo and 12 mill, or Mido

Can't see them jumping for the first serious offer though.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Poor fella must be gutted, having to move somewhere else when you dont want to.

Yeah - I bet it would be gutting for Davenport!
  • This really sucks !! crying icon thingy
  • no one decent's gonna want to leave spurs and join our sinking ship
  • Davenport is kak. Though he's already scored a goal for us this season, so that's something. I'd rather one of theirs that would actually improve us.
  • think we've poss guaranteed the signing of stokes, don;t think theyd been all this talk bout bent leavin without another deal in place, pardews not stupid,

i agree thou its what we do with the money that counts, stokes and a decent no nonsense midfielder and if can offload JFH another stricker plus davenport b good bit of buisiness i reckon plus we'd prob still have money left over
  • Murphy
  • So why would someone not want to go the other way? Not you as well Morts - you're getting as depressed as Len.
  • Davonport was a cracking centre half when we had him on load a few seasons back.

He'd be a good signing for your lot IMO, was a wrong move for him to go to tott as at his age he needs to be playing first team football
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Davenport is kak. Though he's already scored a goal for us this season, so that's something. I'd rather one of theirs that would actually improve us.[/quote]
    if bent does go and we get davenport he'll be joint second in our league goal scoring charts one goal behind andy reid;-)
  • LOL! How pathetic is that!